Governor Schwarzenegger - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2003, 10:11 PM   #61
The Fly

Local Time: 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Please, start the "Arnold is the cause of all violence in America" mantra.
The fact that he is in lame action movies has nothing to do with the fact that he is no more credible a candidate than Gary Coleman.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Gary Coleman would be more fiscally responsible than the current California administration.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:20 AM   #63
The Fly

Oh yes of course, it was all Gray Davis's fault that Enron raped the state for 40 billion. Also we went to two wars in the last two years, just as Gray Davis planned. Also Cancer kills millions each year, just as Gray Davis wanted!
Old 08-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Again, it may be helpful to do some research. Davis was the single largest recipient of campaign contributions from Enron. He saw the crisis and only hoped it would go away. His resolution has cost the citizens of this state plenty.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #65
The Fly

Quote:
Again, it may be helpful to do some research. Davis was the single largest recipient of campaign contributions from Enron. He saw the crisis and only hoped it would go away. His resolution has cost the citizens of this state plenty.

Sounds like your definition of research is listening to Sean Hannity and reading Ann Coulter.
When you start seriously backing up your statements, then we can have a serious discussion. Otherwise don't waste my time with repeating what you saw on the Fox News Ticker.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege
Sounds like your definition of research is listening to Sean Hannity and reading Ann Coulter.
When you start seriously backing up your statements, then we can have a serious discussion. Otherwise don't waste my time with repeating what you saw on the Fox News Ticker.
Like your statement that
Quote:
Enron raped the state for 40 billion

Keep kidding yourself about conservatives -you'll go far.

Sorry, child, I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #67
The Fly

Quote:

Like your statement that .

Keep kidding yourself about conservatives -you'll go far.

Sorry, child, I'm not going to waste anymore time with you.

Oh im sorry, 32 billion. That makes it so much better.
If it wasn't for the fact that Arnold's father was a Nazi, he would have no credibility with Republicans.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:38 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Skwege

If it wasn't for the fact that Arnold's father was a Nazi, he would have no credibility with Republicans.
Was he? I never heard of that. You may be mixing him up with another Austrian politicain, Haider, maybe?
Old 09-01-2003, 03:45 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Arnold's father was a member of the Nazi party in Austria. Back in 1990, Arnold asked the Simon Wiesenthal Center to investigate his father. He rejected his father's beliefs and has worked with Wiesenthal Center to fight anti-semitism. In fact, in 1991, Arnold received the Wiesenthal Center's National Leadership Award.

The information was resurfaced when Arnold first indicated that he was considering a run for office. Davis is well known on both sides of the isle for his dirty campaigns.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #70
The Fly

Quote:
Arnold's father was a member of the Nazi party in Austria. Back in 1990, Arnold asked the Simon Wiesenthal Center to investigate his father. He rejected his father's beliefs and has worked with Wiesenthal Center to fight anti-semitism. In fact, in 1991, Arnold received the Wiesenthal Center's National Leadership Award.

The information was resurfaced when Arnold first indicated that he was considering a run for office. Davis is well known on both sides of the isle for his dirty campaigns.

Arnolds problem is that he doesnt check up on people he associates with. Joerg Haider, and Kurt Waldheim, come directly to mind. To Arnold's credit he has long since denounced Haider. Also of course he shouldnt be held responsible for his fathers actions, nonetheless alot of voters (particularly elderly) are very sensitive when it comes to anything to do with the Nazis.
In all honesty, Arnold needs to just come clean on what he plans to do with California, besides redundant one liners.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:37 AM   #71
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:36 AM
I really don't know CA politics but I did watch the debates tonight.

I thought McLinitoch(?) was a beady eye jerk with a monotone Conservative Idealogy and SUNK.

Hasta La Vista baybe
Old 09-04-2003, 10:27 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Was there something in particular you didn't like about McClintock, or is it a general disdain for conservatives?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:36 AM
I thought McClintock looked like a ventriliquist (sp?) There were sounds coming from his mouth, but his lips don't move. Very strange.

I watched the debates. I think McClintock would do as well as anyone else. They all just talk in such broad terms and never really lay anything specific on the table except Bustamonte. He actually has some specifics that he talks about. The rest say - We have a deficit, I will balance the budget. I won't work with special interests (yeah right). Our schools need more funding, I will do that...... blah blah, but they don't say how, except for Bustamonte.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #74
Refugee

Here's an interesting article from a Sacramento weekly newspaper. Not only does it show Arnold's Enron ties, but also sheds more light on the federal government's role in the California energy crisis.

Quote:
Total amnesia

Arnold canít seem to recall anything about his secret meeting with Enronís Ken Lay. Perhaps this will refresh his memory.

By Jason Leopold

(who spent two years covering California's energy crisis as bureau chief of Dow Jones Newswires and is currently working on a book about the crisis)

Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't talking. The Hollywood action-film star and GOP gubernatorial candidate in the stateís recall election has been unusually silent about his plans for running the Golden State. He hasnít yet offered a solution for the stateís budget deficit, an issue that largely got more than 1 million people to sign a petition to recall Governor Gray Davis.

More importantly, however, Schwarzenegger still wonít respond to questions about why he was at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills two years ago where he, former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan and junk-bond king Michael Milken met secretly with former Enron Chairman Kenneth Lay, who was touting a plan for solving the stateís energy crisis . . .
The full article can be found here:
http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sac...8-28/essay.asp
Old 09-04-2003, 12:38 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Enron "ties" from a "secret" meeting two years ago???