Governor Schwarzenegger - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:59 PM
There are I believe 4 or 5 accusations now that are not anonymous. Everyone is saying it's so last minute, he doesn't have time to respond to these aligations... He has had 6 days and all he has responded a lot with denials, with saying he can't remember, with saying he has done some bad things, etc... and then saying he will get specific after he's elected??

Like I said, I don't like the last minute thing, but this whole election is last minute, these stories were expected, so getting an answer to the accusations with names on them I don't think is asking too much.

But the election rolls on... It's gonna be an interesting night.

Old 10-07-2003, 12:31 PM   #137
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Of course it's a tabloid, so who knows...

London tab: Terminator fathered love child
By Inside Track
Monday, October 6, 2003

A London newspaper has reported Arnold Schwarzenegger secretly fathered a child with a California flight attendant while he was married to Maria Shriver.

According to The Daily Mail, the woman, Tammy Baker-Tousignant, has told her friends the actor and candidate for governor is her son's father, though she has previously denied the claim to the British press, and Arnold insists it is not true.

The National Enquirer confronted her outside the suburban Brea, Calif., home she shares with her husband, and she said only, ``I don't want to talk about this.''

The Enquirer cited an ``inside source'' who said the two were very close a decade ago.

``She was in her mid-20s when she and Arnold first met and struck up a friendship,'' said the source. ``She was a flight attendant aboard a private aircraft that Arnold frequently chartered.

``While Arnold was married, he was smitten by her bubbly personality,'' the source said, adding, ``She was equally smitten by his celebrity status.''

The Eniquirer also said the source claimed the affair went on for some time - prompting a good deal of gossip - and that Maria Shriver got wind of it in the late 1990s and arranged for Baker-Tousignant to lose her job.

The Enquirer's source also said, ``Even the woman herself admits that over the years, many people have commented to her on how much her son bears a physical resemblance to Arnold.''

The source also said no father's name is listed on the son's birth certificate.
http://epaper.ocregister.com/Daily/S.../navigator.asp

Woman says report is false

By JOHN GITTELSOHN THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

A Brea woman who worked for Arnold Schwarzenegger demanded Monday that the National Enquirer retract a Web-site story calling her the mother of the candidate’s "love child." "This is a lie," said Thomas Anthony, attorney for Tammy Baker-Tousignant, 38, of Brea. "She’s never had sexual relations with Mr. Schwarzenegger and never been artificially inseminated by his sperm."

Anthony said Baker-Tousignant worked as a flight attendant on Schwarzenegger’s private jet between 1989 and 2001. She married Thomas Tousignant in 1991, and they have two sons, ages 11 and 5, Anthony said. After the marriage, Baker-Tousignant remained close friends with Schwarzenegger. Baker-Tousignant declined a written offer in the "high five figures" to tell her story to the Enquirer, Anthony said, and the article includes her denial that Schwarzenegger fathered her oldest son.

"On the eve of the California gubernatorial recall election, Arnold Schwarzenegger is embroiled in a love child scandal!" the story begins. As sources, the Enquirer cited a story in the London Daily Mail, Schwarzenegger’s biographer Wendy Leigh and "an inside source."

In a complaint sent Monday to the Enquirer, Anthony said nine of 18 paragraphs in the story were incorrect and demanded that the story not appear in the print version of the paper because it is "false and malicious" and intended to injure the Tousignant family and Schwarzenegger’s campaign. The Enquirer had not responded to the demand. "I guess they were trying to get some dirt, but there’s no dirt to get," Anthony said. "This poor lady is not a public figure. She’s a housewife trying to be a good mom with a nice marriage and two wonderful boys."

Old 10-07-2003, 01:19 PM   #138
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:59 PM
Guys, I don't know how this misinformation got out (wait, actually, I probably do) but these were NOT last minute accusations. At least some of these women made these accusations long ago. Let's not blame the victims.

Thanks,
SD
Old 10-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #139
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:29 PM
NBC is saying the recall will get a yes vote and arnold will become governor
Old 10-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:59 PM
CNN says the recall went through and Arnold was elected.

*sigh*

Old 10-07-2003, 11:47 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:00 AM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

YES!!!

This means he won't be able to make horrible movies, for at least the next year or so.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:34 AM   #143
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Normal

I'd be curious to know why people voted for Schwarzenegger. I'm not asking for an argument against Davis -- he's gone. I'm asking for someone to give me an argument for Arnold. I'm wondering what specific elements of Arnold's platform were appealing.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:00 AM   #144
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

This is just not right
Old 10-08-2003, 01:01 AM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Normal

My only three scathing comments:

1. Either way with recall, I guess people outside California would go: "There's goes the golden state."

2. With the Terminator on board, I wouldn't be surprise if there would be a "rise of the machines," i.e. changes contrived by the new political machine.

3. Haven't we learned lessons from electing Ronald Reagan?
Old 10-08-2003, 01:09 AM   #146
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
I'd be curious to know why people voted for Schwarzenegger. I'm not asking for an argument against Davis -- he's gone. I'm asking for someone to give me an argument for Arnold. I'm wondering what specific elements of Arnold's platform were appealing.
i think it was a case of too many macho men going to vote thinking "lol arnold makes some really good movies." all i can say is
Old 10-08-2003, 01:11 AM   #147
Refugee

I voted no on recall and voted for Bustamante, I did my part.
These are going to an interesting 4 years......
Old 10-08-2003, 01:19 AM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i think it was a case of too many macho men going to vote thinking "lol arnold makes some really good movies." all i can say is
Early returns indicate that Arnold won the support of the majority of women voters today. This was according to CNN.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:20 AM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo

3. Haven't we learned lessons from electing Ronald Reagan?
I hope not.....
Old 10-08-2003, 01:33 AM   #150
Creator of the Blue Crack

im going to vomit.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.