Governor Schwarzenegger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadsox said:
I do not feel it was a political game. There were enough democrats for it that it passed.

If it were political he would have been found guilty during the trial portion of impeachment.

I do get a good chuckle, however, that Bush can lie about Iraq, but its "okay," because he wasn't under oath.

What great Republicanisms...

Melon

melon said:

I do get a good chuckle, however, that Bush can lie about Iraq, but its "okay," because he wasn't under oath.

What great Republicanisms...

Melon

I am not sure what constitutes a lie here. I will say this, I believe his advisors lied to him. I do not think he is on top of things, and I bet he counts on people to pretty much feed him everything. They made their case to him and I think he bought it. I am not sure that means he lied.

As it stands, if you are saying that is what I believe then you are mistaken. He may very well lose the election because of the case he presented to the people. The CIA thing is pissing me off as well as the fact that the case that was presented was based on faulty intelligence, lies or what have you. I am more inclined today to vote him out for these reasons.

Peace

That's because he unwisely divided his administration between standard Republicans and the neo-conservative futurists/extremists, "Project for the New American Century." They wanted Iraq for a military installation to ease pressure on Saudi Arabia; even Wolfowitz (part of that "Project") admitted this. That means, of course, that all the talk about "weapons inspections" and all that other bullshit was never going to be actually given a chance to succeed, because that was never going to give them the American base in Iraq that they wanted.

What I do think, however, is that the futurists are losing power to their antithesis, Colin Powell. You do see him a lot more these days than you used to. But the damage is done. It shouldn't be a tug-of-war between Cheney/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz (all part of the "Project") and Powell. There should be actual leadership from Bush. But, instead, he's nothing more than a puppet, and that's why he needs to be voted out.

Melon

-i do believe president george walker bush will be re-elected.
--it seems everytime he is underestimated, he comes out a winner.

Dreadsox said:
I will say this, I believe his advisors lied to him. I do not think he is on top of things, and I bet he counts on people to pretty much feed him everything.

Is there ANY reason anybody should vote for a man so foolish and so lacking in foresight that even moderates like yourself don't believe he's "on top of things"? If he's a man of so little conviction and intellect that he's no more than a puppet, he has NO place whatsoever leading the only superpower.

anitram said:

Is there ANY reason anybody should vote for a man so foolish and so lacking in foresight that even moderates like yourself don't believe he's "on top of things"? If he's a man of so little conviction and intellect that he's no more than a puppet, he has NO place whatsoever leading the only superpower.

unfortunately it really depends on who he is running against. I am still in a holding pattern for now.

julles said:
-i do believe president george walker bush will be re-elected.
--it seems everytime he is underestimated, he comes out a winner.

That's because of the losers who keep on voting for him.

Melon

melon said:

That's because of the losers who keep on voting for him.

Melon

-i think you're calling many of the members here and millions of American citizens names.
--i find that type of behavior unfortunate.

Last edited:
julles said:

-i think you're calling many of the members and millions of American citizens names.
--i find this type of behavior unforunate.

Life isn't fortunate.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom