Got it bad got it bad got it bad... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Re: Got it bad got it bad got it bad...

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
--How come the dominating feeling is that if a male school teacher has sex with a female student, he's a peverted freak who needs to be locked away forever... yet when a female teacher has sex with a male student, it's merely a fantasy come true? Why the double standard?
I disagree. A friend of a friend of mine did this. The boy was 16. We used to see him at parties and wonder why this student was at a party with 30-somethings. It was all really icky. Not a double standard at all.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:53 PM
I think it seems like it happens so much (older female with young male) because it gets over reported on the media so much because of how unusual it is. I mean how many cases of this have we heard about? 4? 5? Really that's not very many.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 PM
I did see a program on Court TV (or some other network, not sure exactly) that dealt with this. It was an hour long. The teacher was married, yet ended up having sex with a student, and it seemed as if she had some kind of compulsive disorder because she kept getting back with him after she lost her job and husband over it the first time.

Somehow, the boy and his mother ended up suing her over and over, as if they were using her - AND NO DEFENSE FOR HER, SHE CERTAINLY DESERVED THE PUNISHMENTS GIVEN BY LAW. The boy's mother seemed to not only allow this to happen, but encouraged it in a way. The boy and the mother tried to sue for $2 million over it.

I think the three craziest people in that city just happened to find each other, and it was an ongoing mess. The boy's mother, I found incredibly greedy and irresponsible. The boy, also no sense of decency. The teacher, obviously, involved in an improper relationship, and allowed this to happen to her.

I don't get it.
Nobody wins.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Then there's the female teacher who famously had sex with her underrage student (can't remember her name), she's about to finish her prison term, she and the boy kept in touch, they are in love, he is now of age, and they plan to get married.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
Then there's the female teacher who famously had sex with her underrage student (can't remember her name), she's about to finish her prison term, she and the boy kept in touch, they are in love, he is now of age, and they plan to get married.
Didn't she get pregnant by him in prison again? Once he was of age to visit her in prison? Or did he get her pregnant before she went into prison?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Didn't she get pregnant by him in prison again? Once he was of age to visit her in prison? Or did he get her pregnant before she went into prison?
If we had a name we could google it. I can't remember all the details.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:59 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Mary Kay Letourneau is her name. She was put on probation, and met up with the boy, Villi Fualaau, within a day or two and were caught having sex in a car. She got pregnant again from him, went back to prison for several more years. Got out last year, but now the boy is no longer a minor, and met up soon after. Now they're going to get married. They have two children together.

Melon
Old 02-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

...or we could just ask melon.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Re: Re: Got it bad got it bad got it bad...

Quote:
Originally posted by beli

I disagree. A friend of a friend of mine did this. The boy was 16. We used to see him at parties and wonder why this student was at a party with 30-somethings. It was all really icky. Not a double standard at all.
But I think you've proven the point. If a male my age was seen with a 16 year old at a party the cops probably would have been called right then and there. People wouldn't just think "icky" and leave it ignored.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 11:53 AM
I know of a few cases in Australia in which the double standard has been exercised to breaking point. Its the sad truth that when people think of sex offenders and paedophiles they generally think of males. I have to admitt, that is the image that I get as well, yet, I know that women can be sex offenders too. It just doesn't happen as often statistically.

I also think that the number of times that this happens is not becoming more frequent, it just gets on the news a lot more.

My dad used to work in an office that distributed teachers around state schools in Victoria. In those days there was no way of litagation and barely any charges in place to deal with teachers who had it off with students. You just had to keep moving them from one school to another and hope that the offenders didn't do it again. Luckily and thankfully the justice system is slowly catching up with the people who do this to under age students. And not before time either.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2005, 10:00 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Mary Kay Letourneau is her name. She was put on probation, and met up with the boy, Villi Fualaau, within a day or two and were caught having sex in a car. She got pregnant again from him, went back to prison for several more years. Got out last year, but now the boy is no longer a minor, and met up soon after. Now they're going to get married. They have two children together.
Yeah, that's the one the TV special was about, and the one Joyfulgirl and Dreadsox are talking about. Even though they're legal now, still, I don't feel right about it. It still strikes me as bizzare.