Gore Rocks Republicans Who Don't Believe in Global Warming - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 03-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Originally posted by AEON

Why is it nobody can disagree with Gore without being considered childish? I thought liberals liked skepticism.
Skepticism, yes.
Denying, only because it doesn't fit your political views, no.

Yes, Gore is an alarmist and with some figures he might exaggerate.
But have you ever seen any progress or change when people got presented the right figures? Normally not, because the figures were too low, so people thought it can't be that bad.
Because in our times, through to the tabloid media among others, people lost the perception of what figures really represent.
It has to be a huge number, otherwise they don't take any notice.
And in such a debate as the global warming you probably need both the alarmist who makes the people listen and the scientists that tell you the facts and explain it.
Of course it is questionable whether Gore's alarmism is really such a good idea, as he provides a platform for people that want to smash all the findings about global warming.

But as said before, in other countries this debate simply isn't taking place. We are more interested in solutions than in endless debating over something overwhelmingly excepted among scientists.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:58 PM
It seems like a lot of Christians in this country (USA) feel it's their God-given mission to twist and bend and misinterpret Scripture into their own wacky ideas that discriminate against fellow human beings, while ignoring the VERY explicit Creation Mandate, commanding us to take care of the Earth.

I don't get it. I won't ever get it.

That, and I really think a lot of people just don't care about global warming. Wars, millions starving, lack of decent health care and education, lagging economies....it gets bumped down the priority list pretty darn quickly when it's not causing direct effects right now.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:58 PM

Why is it nobody can disagree with Gore without being considered childish? I thought liberals liked skepticism.
It's the way that some people disagree with him that's childish-like mocking his "celebrity". Maybe they're just jealous

Or taking potshots at his weight-that sort of thing.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 06:58 PM

That is precisely what is going on.
You've been listening to far too much Rush and reading far too little factual information on the environment and even Marxism for that matter.