Gore on the Rocks - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:23 PM
I've been brainwashed by my tastebuds; I like tasty animals and am not afraid to kill them.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:23 AM
But you can make paper products from elephant poo poo

http://www.poopoopaper.com/

Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I've been brainwashed by my tastebuds; I like tasty animals and am not afraid to kill them.
Than you are a better carnivore than I...

Without derailing this thread too much, let me pose a question, can you eat raw ground beef or steak or chicken without any sauce or seasoning at all?
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Than you are a better carnivore than I...

Without derailing this thread too much, let me pose a question, can you eat raw ground beef or steak or chicken without any sauce or seasoning at all?
No, I like to kill off parasites, but a good juicy steak medium rare
Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

there is nothing wrong with a vegetarian diet no matter what you have been brainwashed into believing...
People like the taste of meat.

I eat red meat maybe once or twice a month. I don't even like chicken anymore and try to avoid it. I'll have pork on occasion. But you'd have to pry seafood out of my dead, cold hands to get me to become a vegetarian.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

People like the taste of meat.

I eat red meat maybe once or twice a month. I don't even like chicken anymore and try to avoid it. I'll have pork on occasion. But you'd have to pry seafood out of my dead, cold hands to get me to become a vegetarian.
It's a touchy issue, I realize this so I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Only touchy if you care about animals, as far as im concerned we have had thousands of years of eugenics to produce the plump and tastiest walking meals.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
Have no argument with the facts of the animal flatulation having effect. Just with the way the facts are presented to totally discredit and ridicule opposing viewpoint and to absolve any accountability at all.

bingo.

that was perfectly stated, and gets to the heart of most of the anti-Gore rhetoric.

i find it so interesting. 10-15 years ago, in the midst of all the welfare reforming, we heard so much from the right about accountability, responsibility, ownership societies, etc. how people are responsible for their situations, and with a little gumption and elbow grease, you, too, can get a job and get off welfare and in fact a government handout is holding you back.

yet, when it comes to living an environmentally responsible life, there is no sense of responsiblity or ownership whatsoever. it's blame this, excuse that, absolve me of this, point to every silly thing someone could do as a means of removing yourself from any sort of culpability. it's like when a pre-teen is pushing back against parental authority, like being told to clean one's room, the repsonse is, "oh yeah? well YOU left your jacket on the COUCH yesterday, mom! that wasn't very clean, now WAS it?"
Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Only touchy if you care about animals, as far as im concerned we have had thousands of years of eugenics to produce the plump and tastiest walking meals.

my sister is a fairly strict vegetarian, and considering going vegan. it doesn't strike me as healthy. i enjoy meat, especially fish, and i do draw a distinction between humans and animals so i don't think the killing of animals for a specific purpose -- food, and all those amino acids and protein -- is wrong in any way.

however, we can have massive objections to the meat industry. so it's less about eating meat or not, than about eating responsible meat.

just like living environmentally responsibly. you can choose to buy free range pork (conditions for pigs can be especially cruel, when you consider that your average pig is as smart, or smarter, than your average dog) just like you can choose to wash your clothes in cold water.

and that's my sermon for the day.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Mr. Burns: Nonsense! Dogs are idiots! Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over you, what would you say?

Smithers: If you did it, sir?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
EXACTLY!

My favorite is veal chops! Cooked rare...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

EXACTLY!

My favorite is veal chops! Cooked rare...

do you know what goes into your veal?

(i love veal, too, but i haven't eaten it in years)

also, for what it's worth:

[q]Puck removes foie gras from menus
March 23, 2007

Puck removes foie gras from menus

Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck (below) is cooking up kinder, gentler menus. As part of a new initiative to fight animal cruelty, Puck said yesterday he will no longer serve foie gras, the fatty liver produced by overfeeding ducks and geese. His 14 fine-dining restaurants, more than 80 fast-casual eateries , and 43 catering venues will use only eggs from hens that have lived cage-free; veal from roaming calves; and lobsters that have been removed from their ocean traps quickly to avoid crowded holding tanks. Puck said guests at his restaurants want to know their food is made with fresh, organic ingredients and that the animals were treated well. "We want a better standard for living creatures. It's as simple as that," Puck said. The move came after three years of protests by Farm Sanctuary, an animal-rights group that launched wolfgangpuckcruelty.org -- relabeled Wolfgang Puck Victory as of yesterday -- and organized a leaflet ing campaign outside Puck's restaurants. Puck worked with the Humane Society of the United States on the new initiative. He said he wasn't responding to pressure from animal welfare advocates, but instead believes the best-tasting food comes from animals that have been treated humanely. (AP)[/q]

and i do love me some foie gras. but i haven't eaten it since i was last in France. and i don't plan to eat it again.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
This thread needs more David Suzuki

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/podcast.html

Ideas lecture podcast with David Suzuki and Stephen Lewis discussing environmental issues.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:23 AM
http://media.http://www.brockpress.com/media/stor...-2820594.shtml
Quote:
Al Gore graduates from Concordia
Sebastien Cadieux & Brian Hastien

Issue date: 4/3/07 Section: News
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 The Link (Concordia University)

MONTREAL (CUP) - Concordia president Claude Lajeunesse was booed as he took the stage to give Al Gore an honorary doctorate from the university on March 22.
The brainchild of Concordia Student Union president Khaleed Juma, the doctorate was presented while the crowd, present to listen to speeches from Gore and David Suzuki, filed out the exits after the question and answer period with Gore was cancelled.
The talk took place in the cadre of Less Talk, More Action: A Youth Action Summit on Climate Change, organized by Youth Action Montreal members and Concordia University students Peter Schiefke and Mohamed Shuriye.
Gore and Suzuki's message was clear: The world is in imminent danger if we continue our current habits and don't change towards a more eco-friendly society.
The former U.S. vice-president's speech was effectively his Academy Award-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth with updated statistics, and presented by an angrier, fist-shaking Gore.
His presentation was halted at least twice as opponents to his agenda began to shout out.
They called him a liar and a villain, and screamed, "What about your swimming pools?" in regards to recent allegations that the monthly electricity bill of Gore's estate rivalled a year's bill for the average American home.
This led Gore to joke, "I don't even know if you guys are left- or right-wing".
Suzuki also made a 45-minute speech on the topic du jour. The speech was punctuated by numerous bouts of applause from a rather enthusiastic audience.
He espoused that the media should play a more central role in the way it informs the public, saying, "Over half of all Nobel Prize winners are telling us we could have as little as 10 years to avoid a catastrophe and this is pronounced by our media as 'not newsworthy'.

Page 1 of 1