GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a reflection upon the broken system, but right now it's next to impossible to be elected PUSA without being part of the establishment.

I think it's a reflection upon the broken system, but right now it's next to impossible to be elected PUSA without being part of the establishment.

Absolutely. It's hard to win the game if you're not playing it.

But why am I being questioned over that 'delusional' comment? I think that's pretty ridiculous to claim that Obama is NOT a part of that.

I'm curious: what do you guys define as "the establishment", exactly?

(I don't mean that to be denial of the fact that Obama is probably in "the establishment", by the way.)

frabz-Meanwhile-on-the-gingrich-campaign-3a2adc.jpg

Two men interrupted a Rick Santorum event in Illinois with a same-sex kiss, and were promptly ejected by security when the crowd turned on them.
The fracas began in the middle of Santorum's remarks (at the 3:38 mark in the above video clip), when two protesters, identified as Timothy Tross and Ben Clifford, began yelling "mic check!" then embraced before bowing showily to the crowd. When the crowd realizes what was happening, they began to boo and chant "U-S-A!" in unison.
The duo would would not reveal whether they were gay to Palatine Patch reporter Savannah Ziegelbauer, emphasizing Santorum's oft-divisive gay rights policy, not their sexuality, as the important issue. "I don't think the message should be about what my sexuality is," Tross said. "It's the message that he's saying about sexuality that matters."
Santorum was speaking at Christian Liberty Academy in Arlington Heights, Illinois, in advance of the Illinois primary on Tuesday, March 20. His appearance had been expected to draw protests from gay rights supporters, as well as some former high school classmates.
Rick Santorum Protest: 2 Men Kiss During Rally, Crowd Jeers

I am proud of the bravery of those two men, gay or not.

Those types of Americans better get used to same-sex kissing because it is not going anywhere! I take it they don't watch TV anymore?

When the crowd realizes what was happening, they began to boo and chant "U-S-A!" in unison.

:eyebrow: So...what exactly are they implying by chanting that?

That's fine. They can stay in their antiquated time warp. We in the 21st century will just move on ahead without them and leave them to be the moronic losers that they are.

I heard about that-I'm glad those guys did that, too. They just further proved how insane Santorum and his supporters truly are. The guy doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the White House-hell, he doesn't deserve to be part of our government, period.

I agree, inappropriate. I think our first lady is pretty great too, but leave the race out of it. She was there too. wtf

Gingrich demands Obama apologize for De Niro joke
By NBC's Alex Moe

SHREVEPORT, La. -- Newt Gingrich slammed Robert De Niro’s comments last night at a fundraiser for President Obama, demanding that the president apologize for the actor's joke that America isn't yet again ready for a white first lady.

“I do want to say one thing on behalf of both my wife, and on behalf of Karen Santorum and on behalf of Ann Romney, and that is I think Robert De Niro is wrong,” Gingrich said as he began his speech at Strawn's Eat Shop Too. “I think the country is ready for a new first lady, and he doesn’t have to describe it in racial terms.”

At an Obama for America fundraiser in New York City Monday night, attended by Michelle Obama, De Niro joked about a possible GOP first lady.

"Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?" De Niro asked at the top of his remarks at Locanda Verde restaurant as the crowd yelled “no.” “Too soon, right?," he said.

A spokeswoman for the first lady issued a statement shortly after Gingrich concluded his remarks, calling De Niro’s comments “inappropriate.”

"We believe the joke was inappropriate," Olivia Alair, campaign press secretary to the first lady, said in a statement.

Gingrich criticized the remarks as “inexcusable” and called on President Obama to personally apologize.

“It is exactly wrong, it divides the country,” the former House speaker said. “If people on the left want to talk about radio talk show hosts, then everybody in the country ought to hold the president accountable when somebody at his event says something as utterly, totally unacceptable as Robert De Niro said last night, and I call on the president to apologize for him.”

While Gingrich stood up for all three women involved in the actor’s joke, he of course has his favorite.

“I have a personal preference, obviously, for Callista to be the first lady,” the speaker said to cheers in the room. “But, I tell you, I would be very proud and very honored to have Ann Romney as the first lady or Karen Santorum as the first lady. I think that just what De Niro said is just beyond the pale and he should be ashamed of himself.”

I know when I see PDA I find inappropriate, my response is always to start chanting "U-S-A!" Works great, like garlic on vampires.

Gingrich criticized the remarks as “inexcusable” and called on President Obama to personally apologize.

“It is exactly wrong, it divides the country,” the former House speaker said. “If people on the left want to talk about radio talk show hosts, then everybody in the country ought to hold the president accountable when somebody at his event says something as utterly, totally unacceptable as Robert De Niro said last night, and I call on the president to apologize for him.”

What?! When is he going to hold himself and the other candidates accountable when they have a supporter say something inappropriate?

That will be one hell of a long list...

*Lets out a loud guffaw*

Hold on, time out here. Let me get this straight.

Robert DeNiro makes a weird joke about women and race, and Gingrich demands Obama condemn his comments.

Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh calls a woman a slut/prostitute, and makes creepy comments about putting videos of her and other women having sex online, and when people start demanding the Republican candidates condemn those comments, Gingrich's response is, "We have more important things to worry about than what Rush Limbaugh says."

That is RICH. That is oh so very rich.

“I do want to say one thing on behalf of both my wife, and on behalf of Karen Santorum and on behalf of Ann Romney, and that is I think Robert De Niro is wrong,” Gingrich said as he began his speech at Strawn's Eat Shop Too. “I think the country is ready for a new first lady, and he doesn’t have to describe it in racial terms.”

Ohhhhhh, NOW you care so much about the feelings of your wife and women in general, eh, Gingrich?

God. He's another one who desperately needs to just shut the fuck up.

it's the blame game: when in doubt, blame obama. robert deniro, the one who actually said it, doesn't need to apologise, yet the fucking president does? why is he supposed to be held responsible for what someone else says? if i got up at a rally and said "anyone who doesn't like obama is a stupid cracker" would obama have to apologise, or should it be me?

I agree, inappropriate. I think our first lady is pretty great too, but leave the race out of it. She was there too. wtf

Gingrich demands Obama apologize for De Niro joke
By NBC's Alex Moe

SHREVEPORT, La. -- Newt Gingrich slammed Robert De Niro’s comments last night at a fundraiser for President Obama, demanding that the president apologize for the actor's joke that America isn't yet again ready for a white first lady.

At an Obama for America fundraiser in New York City Monday night, attended by Michelle Obama, De Niro joked about a possible GOP first lady.

"Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?" De Niro asked at the top of his remarks at Locanda Verde restaurant as the crowd yelled “no.” “Too soon, right?," he said.

A spokeswoman for the first lady issued a statement shortly after Gingrich concluded his remarks, calling De Niro’s comments “inappropriate.”

"We believe the joke was inappropriate," Olivia Alair, campaign press secretary to the first lady, said in a statement.

While Gingrich stood up for all three women involved in the actor’s joke, he of course has his favorite.

“I have a personal preference, obviously, for Callista to be the first lady,” the speaker said to cheers in the room. “But, I tell you, I would be very proud and very honored to have Ann Romney as the first lady or Karen Santorum as the first lady. I think that just what De Niro said is just beyond the pale and he should be ashamed of himself.”

This is ludicrous.

I don't see how DeNiro, much less the President needs to apologize for this.

Apparently, irony is utterly lost on the Republicans.

I also don't understand how dense people can be about how the power differential impacts race relations (and gender and sexual orientation etc).

Apparently, irony is utterly lost on the Republicans.

I also don't understand how dense people can be about how the power differential impacts race relations (and gender and sexual orientation etc).

I guess I'm dense, because I just don't get the need to do that there. If it's some sort of ironic play on "are we ready for a black President" from four years ago..well, I just don't think it's appropriate in the setting. And if you're Robert De Niro, how about just be more careful and considerate when you're in the room with the First Lady. Irony and your "clever" social/political commentary can happen another time.

Excellent, very nice Ann..you still look wonderful. Keep letting Mitt let you emcee the rallies too. You and Mitt are as Laura Bush is to GW- but don't tell Mitt that please..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RaaCFDMrPA

This is the Americana most Americans love, also including those with or without spouses and families.

diamond said:
Excellent, very nice Ann..you still look wonderful. Keep letting Mitt let you emcee the rallies too. You and Mitt are as Laura Bush is to GW- but don't tell Mitt that please..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RaaCFDMrPA

This is the Americana most Americans love, also including those with or without spouses and families.

And how is it unique to Romney? It's not as though the President doesn't have a good love story and 20 year marriage of his own. It's not as though Santorum and Paul haven't been married forever. Newt is the only candidate who doesn't have the love story. :shrug:

It's just not that important anyway; It's a nice story, but it's not a reason to be president.

Mittens in 2005:

“[clean energy] is an industry that is going to be explosive in its growth in the next decade.”

-

Mittens in 2006:

When lieutenant governor Kerry Healey, a fellow Republican, called for suspending the state’s 23.5 cent gas tax during a price spike in May 2006, Romney rejected the idea, saying it would only further drive up gasoline consumption. “I don’t think that now is the time, and I’m not sure there will be the right time, for us to encourage the use of more gasoline,” Romney said, according to the Quincy Patriot Ledger’s report at the time. “I’m very much in favor of people recognizing that these high gasoline prices are probably here to stay.”

-

Mittens in 2012:

“No question in my mind that these—I call them the gas-hike trio—that those three are on a mission to drive up the price of gasoline and all energy so that they can finally get their solar and their wind to be more price-competitive. That’s what they want to do,” Romney said on Monday.

Via The New Republic

I guess their wives don't still look wonderful?

And how is it unique to Romney? It's not as though the President doesn't have a good love story and 20 year marriage of his own. It's not as though Santorum and Paul haven't been married forever. Newt is the only candidate who doesn't have the love story.

It's just not that important anyway; It's a nice story, but it's not a reason to be president

Well I think Obama's marriage helps his electability. His whole family image plays well in the public mind. It also seems pretty genuine. I do think however, behind closed doors that Michelle could be a potential spouse beater though, not saying she does, but I bet you a soda that the genetic propensity is there.

On Newt's umm current marriage-body language of spouses says alot. Have you watched Calista up close? Although beautiful her smiles seem forced, a bit robotic, almost Stepford-wifeish.

With Rick's, yes the Santorum's marriage may be fine but he is so tightly wound, I feel bad the guy can't relax, it must be taxing on his wife, they seem under alot of stress. His daughters are always almost on the verge of meltdowns or tears every time he loses, watch the oldest daughter especially.

Ron Paul and Mrs Paul may have a happy marriage that is genuine, but he's not a front runner, so there's really no reason to examine their relationship in depth.

With Mitt and Ann, watching them, their love oozes freely and bespeaks a blissful relationship.

There you have it.

Clear now?

Thanks.

<>

santorumetch_G_20120321160136.jpg

Santorum is promoting a company that took jobs in Ohio and moved them to China.

Etch a Sketch was manufactured in Bryan, Ohio until the company moved the manufacturing plant to Shenzhen, China in 2001.

Why are we examining any of their personal relationships?

Shouldn't we be worried about how they're going to run our country?

You don't think it a plus in having a strong personal relationship with your spouse as a benefit in running a country, business or enterprise?

<>

What's most important to me about Romney is his insane tax plan that nobody in the media is really talking about. And I say this as, what I consider to be, a fiscal conservative.

Because it adds to the deficit...and, you know...increases taxes on the poor. Should go over really well in the Fall.

I do think however, behind closed doors that Michelle could be a potential spouse beater though, not saying she does, but I bet you a soda that the genetic propensity is there.

And then we wonder who votes for the troglodytes in Congress.

I do think however, behind closed doors that Michelle could be a potential spouse beater though, not saying she does, but I bet you a soda that the genetic propensity is there.

Sorry, but you've got to be f'ing kidding me

Genetic propensity? :eyebrow: So you know all about her genetic background, or is it some sort of conjecture on your part?

Read it in an e-mail?

You don't think it a plus in having a strong personal relationship with your spouse as a benefit in running a country, business or enterprise?

<>

No? There's zero correlation, and certainly no causation in the event that there is a correlation.

Don't get me wrong, dishonesty in a relationship speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom