GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandra Fluke v. Joe the Plumber - By Jonah Goldberg - The Corner - National Review Online

| Text Sandra Fluke v. Joe the Plumber By Jonah Goldberg

Just ask Carrie Prejean on that last point. She only responded to a pageant question (with the same answer Barack Obama gives by the way) and caught hell for it from the "tolerant" Left.

Rush should be repudiated for the name-calling but more importantly he's completely taken the spotlight off the issue of government encroachment into healthcare and Barack Obama's willingness to give precedent to a mandate deemed into law by the Secretary of Health and Human Services over an enumerated constitutional right.

Eh, I think you (and Jonah Goldberg) are reaching on this one.

So she's an activist. Shocking! :ohmy: How else do you think she ended up testifying?

And what does her role as an activist have to do with the slanderous things Rush said about her, not to mention his utter misrepresentation of her testimony.

If Rush wanted to keep the spotlight on the issue of government encroachment, he could have. Instead he went down a much uglier road.

Can't decide whether to vote tomorrow or not.

Don't want Santorum to win Ohio. . .

But I also prefer to see Obama get another term, something less likely if Romney grabs the nomination.

If Rush wanted to keep the spotlight on the issue of government encroachment, he could have. Instead he went down a much uglier road.

Like he said, he was just trying to be humorous. Shaming women is funny. Calling women sluts and prostitutes, then telling them to make it worth your while by posting some sex tapes online-always funny.

Then he had to add the dig about recreational sexual activities in his so called apology. The sponsors were leaving, thus the apology.

Can't decide whether to vote tomorrow or not.

Don't want Santorum to win Ohio. . .

But I also prefer to see Obama get another term, something less likely if Romney grabs the nomination.

Obama should easily beat Romney, but if for some reason he does not win, wouldn't you rather have the least offensive GOP candidate.

I agree 100%.

but do you see that this is why non-conservatives think that you all really don't give a damn about religious freedom. you care about sex. specifically, women being given the license to have sex like men do -- without fear of getting pregnant.

after all, if it were about religious freedom, isn't that the argument Rush would have put forward to his vast audience of 15m people?

it isn't. he called her a slut. he said that she wanted to fuck on the taxpayer's dime. Rick Santorum took this opportunity to talk not about religious freedom but about what contraception itself actually does to, like, the soul of our nation or whatever. and then we had all-male panles talking about female contraception (which was like lobbing one over the plate and Obama and the Dems duly smacked this one out of the park).

i think that there is a "religious freedom" argument to be made. i don't think it holds up, but it can be made.

but that isn't what the Republican Party has been talking about since 2/13/12. they've been talking about how birth control has made women slutty.

I think the religious freedom argument has to be reasonable. But sometimes the most unreasonable problem wrapped up in these issues resides right inside of the religion itself. We can't allow people to believe just anything and give them that license. And I say this as a civil libertarian. It's just...I'm very reasonable.

I don't know the specific law, but if an adult Jehovah's Witness allowed his child to die because of refusal of blood transfusion, that isn't "religious freedom" to me. They should be carted off to jail on the spot. As a people, we are allowed - even by the Constitution - to deem what is reasonable.

Anyhow, it's 2012. Don't call us crazy or liberal of Leftist for simply not following all of the 2 and 3,000 year old dogmas that were originally designed to keep horny men from fucking everything that moves. Lewis Black had a great routine about this very subject. Many of us have a strong moral code. And ironically, it may have even come from religion directly. Why are we seeing such a great Libertarian wave among some conservatives (say aged 40 to 45 and under)? The partisan bullshit is getting more and more apparent.

When you take something like this issue, with all of the important things on the table, all it really does is serve to show how silly it all is. The partisan bullshit. Why only now are Rush's advertisers jumping ship? Why not amid of the other countless controversies?

I think more people are getting wise to a lot of it...well, I hope that's the reason.

I predict that the best thing that occurs after this 2012 election season is that the conservative movement seriously re-evaluates itself.

I read Rush Limbaugh's comments today.

...you've got to be fucking kidding me, right?

I seriously fear for the mental health of people who think that was in any way acceptable. What a fucking pig of a human.

I agree with him about FEMA and government inefficiency (we've seen plenty of examples of it), but many people cannot even afford the insurance. As for insurance companies, well-some victims of last summer's tornadoes in MA are STILL trying to get any money from their insurance companies and still looking at no rebuilding. So it's just not that simple Ron, and not everyone is in the financial shape that you are. I don't know how the victims of these latest tornadoes will get any money from the govt anyway, considering the financial state of the govt. And we still have a whole spring/summer tornado season to go. It's a sad and scary thought.

Houston Chronicle

As Midwestern states face the aftermath of last week’s severe tornado outbreak, Ron Paul said victims of the storms should not look to the federal government for help.

The Texas Republican has often criticized the Federal Emergency Management Agency, because, as he says, “they just get in the way.” He made this same argument Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley regarding the recent tornado-spawned devastation in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and several other states.

“To say that any accident that happens in the country, send in FEMA, send in the money, the government has all this money, it’s totally out of control and it’s not efficient,” he said.

Paul argued that the money FEMA spends for disaster relief is stolen from the states and tax payers and is ultimately wasteful. The people in his district who worked with FEMA after severe hurricanes become frustrated and angry, he added.

“To say you don’t support federal money doesn’t mean you don’t care about people, because FEMA is inefficient,” he said.

Paul continued, pointing to local organizations as a better source for aid. When FEMA officials gets involved, Paul said, they take over, hindering local law enforcement, voluntary groups and state organization.

Aside from looking to state and voluntary group organizations, Paul said people living in the tornado-prone Midwest should have insurance to prepare for damages from natural disasters.

“The people who live in Tornado Alley, just as I live in a hurricane alley, they should have insurance for doing this,” he said.

There's no way local organizations could have supported and aided something as big as Katrina.

Ask Ron Paul how easy it is to use deal with insurance companies after something like a tornado or flood. They look for every loophole they can to get out of paying you.

Yeah, I don't think he understands that. And these latest tornadoes look like Katrina type of devastation to me, just without flooding. Obviously much less loss of life, but the home and life devastation is so extensive. It's heartbreaking.

I'll go with this, but a couple of these could go either way.

Romney- OH, VA, VT, MA, ID, AK
Santorum- OK, TN
Gingrich- GA, ND
Paul- zilch

I'll go with this, but a couple of these could go either way.

Romney- OH, VA, VT, MA, ID, AK
Santorum- OK, TN
Gingrich- GA, ND
Paul- zilch

Hey at least you chose to recognize that Ron Paul was still, in fact, a candidate.

That really pisses me off when you hear three names. Just the other day, I can't remember who it was on MSNBC, was talking about how Mitt Romney automatically won Virginia because "no other candidate was present on the ballot". He had to be corrected by Eric Cantor, who just endorsed Mitt Romney.

It's gotten to a point where I wonder why they continue to try and hush Ron Paul when he already has no chance at winning the bid.

There's no way local organizations could have supported and aided something as big as Katrina.

Ask Ron Paul how easy it is to use deal with insurance companies after something like a tornado or flood. They look for every loophole they can to get out of paying you.

Ron Paul's point would probably be legitimate if any only if insurance companies had an incentive to be honest in their dealings with their client, through outlining clearly exactly what is covered, and sticking to that. In a competitive market, theoretically there should be such an incentive, but insurance (of all forms) seems to be an unregulated oligopoly in that regard.

Ron Paul has a decent shot in Alaska

these elections are for delagates, and most of these states are porpotional, not winner take all, like in November.

Romney will win the most, Santorum will come in second, Gingrich a more distant third.

not at all a blow-out for Romney. kind of a tough night.

just how hard could it be to beat Rick freaking Santorum?

Yeah, I would think that the Romney camp can't be too happy right now. I think he'll still win the nomination, bit still....

If Gingrich and Paul weren't in the race Santorum probably would have
blown out Romney here in Ohio.

Looking like Romney's lead is going to hold here in OH, but Santorum has had a pretty good night, and there are reports now that his camp is going to start putting pressure on Gingrich to get out, so that Santorum will have a potential path to the nomination.

looks like Mitt is now leading, but it's close.

like, after a month where Rick Santorum basically said that birth control is bad Romney can still barely beat him?

so weird.

Looking like Romney's lead is going to hold here in OH, but Santorum has had a pretty good night, and there are reports now that his camp is going to start putting pressure on Gingrich to get out, so that Santorum will have a potential path to the nomination.

It'd be a shame to see Gingrich booted out. That'd pretty much ruin the race and all chances of the party not deciding on a candidate due to majority delegates.

I think Gingrich knows that, too.

It'd be a shame to see Gingrich booted out. That'd pretty much ruin the race and all chances of the party not deciding on a candidate due to majority delegates.

I think Gingrich knows that, too.
Gingrich absolutely wont quit,
there are some Southern primaries coming up where he could pull off some wins.

romney-epa_2106908b.jpg

divine intervention ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom