GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 4 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:12 AM
No chance of Biden in 2016, IMO.
We all know who the Democratic nominee will be in 2016, if she wants it.

But outside of her, I saw Russ Feingold on Jon Stewart last night.
He wrote a book...seemed like odd timing...then I thought - he's thinking about 2016.

If Obama's second term is deemed a success ala Clinton's second term (minus the Lewinsky witchhunt) then I think Hillary Clinton is the nominee in 2016.

She'll be treated (by the party) as the effective incumbent VP like Gore in 2000. And even though Bradley made a decent run at Gore, it wasn't ever that close. So while most frontrunners get knocked off their perch (Dean in 2004, Rudy in 2008, etc.) I think HRC is more like Gore in that respect.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:12 AM
if not Hillary, then Andrew Cuomo. also look for Martin O'Malley from MD.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I don't disagree with those speculations, but so much can happen between now and then. Will any of you say that anyone would have suggested Obama in Feb of 2004? or even McCain for 2008. If anyone remembers, the GOP establishment hated McCain in 2004.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hilary would be turning 69 right before the 2016 election. Her supporters last time skewed older to begin with, so plenty of them will croak between now and then. I just don't see her being a slam dunk nominee when she's eight years older than when she last ran an uninspiring campaign.

I do think she's planning on running though. That's why she said she plans to step down after Obama is re-elected and finds a successor. It lets her start running in 2015.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

maybe 70 is the new 50.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

To me Rick Santorum doesn't even seem Catholic and definitely seems more evangelical. Maybe part of it is where I live and grew up, maybe Catholics elsewhere are far more conservative. I don't think of PA as being like that so I don't know. Supposedly his political (not personal) position on abortion used to be more moderate, so maybe he's become more conservative like Romney has.

I don't see Hillary running, I do think she wants to just enjoy the rest of her life. Especially if Chelsea has any kids. After watching that Clinton PBS special I can't say I'd blame her one bit.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

The middle of PA is much more conservative, but it's generally overwhelmed by the east and west sides when it comes to full elections. But yeah, it has its affects. I go to a major university, yet it's quite conservative because of it's surroundings.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Thumbs Down

abcnews.com

By Elicia Dover
Feb 20, 2012 9:02pm
Gingrich: Obama Is ‘Dangerous,’ Defeating Him ‘a Duty of National Security’

TULSA, Okla. — While discussing the threat of Iran today to a crowd of about 4,000 people at Oral Roberts University, Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said that defeating Barack Obama was “in fact, a duty of national security.”

“Because the fact is, he is incapable of defending the United States,” Gingrich said.

Gingrich told the crowd, many of them young students, there was a real threat of an American city being wiped out. Gingrich said the Obama administration refuses to acknowledge radical Islamists.

“All of you should be very deeply concerned about national security. Barack Obama is the most dangerous president in modern American history,” Gingrich said.

Gingrich said the Obama administration was demonstrating “willful dishonesty” over describing what motivated the suspected terrorist from Morocco, who was arrested Friday by FBI agents for allegedly plotting to blow up the Capitol.

“Any honest person knows what motivated the person who came here,” Gingrich said. “This is not smearing everybody, this is not Islamaphobia. If we can’t have honest conversation about radical Islamists and we can’t figure out — there is a very specific group of people across the planet — there’s a very specific desire to kill us.”

Gingrich said the Obama administration was intellectually disarmed and incapable of describing threats that face the United States.

“The president wants to unilaterally weaken the United States, he wants to cut the aide to Israel for its anti-ballistic missile defense, he refuses to take Iran seriously,” Gingrich said. “We are in a world that is very dangerous. And I say this to those of you who represent the next generation because you’re going to bear the consequences.”
Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yep. He's so dangerous he's only put out an order to get rid of bin Laden and supported uprisings that toppled other dictators in Arab nations . What exactly would you do instead, then, Newt?

He was speaking at Oral Roberts University. I've heard about that place .

As for Santorum...if he claimed he belonged to a religion I followed, I'd be deeply embarrassed on behalf of my religion and its followers.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #85
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Gingrich, I think, is trying to take a page from Steve Jobs' playbook and create a "reality distortion field" around his speeches. Trouble is, it works best when you're merely exaggerating things. Gingrich is just making stuff up.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

I'm embarrassed by many of Santorum's professed views and that he's now a serious candidate. Not at all embarrassed that by the religious aspect, he doesn't represent me or my beliefs in any way and he's not a spokesperson for any or all Catholics. Individuals have minds and opinions of their own.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #87
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
He was speaking at Oral Roberts University. I've heard about that place .
a good friend of mine goes there. I think the rumors about it are fairly accurate.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

I don't see Hillary running
I'm not seeing her running either.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:12 AM
^ a brisk walk on a tread mill, is the most one could hope hor

watching the CNN debate on delay right now