GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
His ego is now out in front of his libido.

for the life of me -- and i say this as a red-blooded American homosexual -- i cannot understand how any human being on the face of the planet would fuck Newt Gingrich.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 AM
And here we have Ron Paul:

a) not having the discernment he was being punked and
b) being paranoid over a gay conspiracy.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier

you establishment Republican types really do hate him because he's against perpetual war in the Middle East, don't you.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Hate is too strong of word..l.hate no person.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:16 AM
I'd like a few more to quickly drop out so all that is left are Romney v Paul v one of the two remaining Christian Crazies, and I'd like them to properly have at it. I'd like to see their three ideologies properly pushed and promoted and challenged - but it won't happen.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
for the life of me -- and i say this as a red-blooded American homosexual -- i cannot understand how any human being on the face of the planet would fuck Newt Gingrich.
Just to note in passing as another example of the double standards of the liberal left, this type of comment wouldn't be tolerated here or elsewhere if it was made by a right-winger about a middle aged female politician.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Santorum’s voting record shows that he embraced George Bush–style “big-government conservatism.” For example, he supported the Medicare prescription-drug benefit and No Child Left Behind.

He never met an earmark that he didn’t like. In fact, it wasn’t just earmarks for his own state that he favored, which might be forgiven as pure electoral pragmatism, but earmarks for everyone, including the notorious “Bridge to Nowhere.” The quintessential Washington insider, he worked closely with Tom DeLay to set up the “K Street Project,” linking lobbyists with the GOP leadership.

He voted against NAFTA and has long opposed free trade. He backed higher tariffs on everything from steel to honey. He still supports an industrial policy with the government tilting the playing field toward manufacturing industries and picking winners and losers.

The truth is Rick Santorum is so left on the issues that matter he makes even Mitt Romney look like a red meat conservative. Be very afraid, Republican America. This is how bad things are.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...us-2979277.htm
Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #98
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Just to note in passing as another example of the double standards of the liberal left, this type of comment wouldn't be tolerated here or elsewhere if it was made by a right-winger about a middle aged female politician.
Just to note in passing, during the 2008 elections I remember on various occasions specific posters referring to HRC as a bitch, a termagant, a hag, a witch, and then there were the continuous shrill hysterics and weirdly fetishism-tinged rants of one particular individual that went on for months. Though I don't recall the f-word specifically being invoked, if that's the operative measure here.

Personally I'm content just to label Newt Gingrich a grandiose, petty, imperious windbag with a crackpot streak a mile wide. Whether he also happens to be a decently competent flirt one-on-one when he wants to be, I'd have no idea.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post

Newt is a noted womanizer, has been married three times, and was carrying on an affair during the Lewinsky scandal in 1998 and 1999.

don't know of any middle-aged female politicians guilty of the same.

looking back, my comment probably was inappropriate. but to view Gingrich's personal history -- and political crusades, against woman and gay people -- as equivalent to any run-of-the-mill female politician, or against HRC in particular, isn't quite accurate.

it was also, in my mind at least, more of a commentary on his overall asshole personality and not quite as much on his girth, looks, lack of style, or bad haircut.

(all of which a female politician would have long since gotten her gays to correct as she'd be acutely aware that she's always being judged on her pantsuits and hairstyles)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Well Newt allegedly said that his first wife, the one who had cancer when he divorced her (whatever the real story about that is), wasn't young enough or pretty enough to be First Lady. Apparently he has an inflated sense of his own attractiveness Does he meet the attractiveness requirements for President, or do those only exist for females and/or First Ladies?
Old 01-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life

I have no interest in Newt Gingrich's personal life. All I know about him is that some on the right seem to revere him as some kind of intellectual powerhouse, a point of view I cannot understand.

As for HRC, I would hope I did not participate in the type of comments cited by Yolland in 2008. HRC's neocon-lite politics are more than enough to damn her in my eyes, no need to get into the nasty personal stuff.

Glad we all agree that lookist comments are inappropriate whether directed at male or female politicians.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 AM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

I never called Hillary anything other than a shrew.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:16 AM
The archives speak of another truth...
Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Gingrich seems to be purely about power - it's his right/destiny, and whatever it takes - and along with all that vengeful, hateful side, there's probably a hell of a lot of paranoia. So as a president, he'd probably be heading straight for a (less smart) Nixon territory.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Gingrich seems to be purely about power - it's his right/destiny, and whatever it takes - and along with all that vengeful, hateful side, there's probably a hell of a lot of paranoia. So as a president, he'd probably be heading straight for a (less smart) Nixon territory.

i think he's less about power and more about intellectual validation. many blogs point to how he continually uses the words "profoundly" "fundamentally" "deeply" "frankly" -- kind of like an undergrad, and the kind of words that not-smart people think smart people use -- and comes out with Prince-like apocalyptic pronouncements on the State of Democracy or The Human Condition.

he originally got into this to sell more books, which he's written a lot of, and now it's about intellectual validation via the destruction of "establishment" (and, once the general election starts, generally mainstream) Republicans like Romney.

i think he wants power insofar as it would enable him to conduct his supervillan schemes.

this is fun: Play the Game | Supervillain or Newt

Tags
gop, republican