GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #931
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Census adjustment, who are the census bureau btw (they never contacted me for anything )

A couple of thoughts, if this is true someone might want to notify MSNBC then because they are still printing articles (as of yesterday) which state that over 1 million people have given up looking for work:

Bottom Line - Jobless want you to quit already!

Quote:
Even though the unemployment rate dipped to 8.3 percent last month, there were still nearly 13 million jobless searching for work, and the number of discouraged workers, or workers who gave up looking, topped 1 million.
We already know that American Airlines is cutting 10,000 - 15,000 jobs, announced last week, and now Pepsi is getting ready to layoff 8700 poor souls:

Bottom Line - PepsiCo plans to cut 8,700 jobs

Quote:
PepsiCo also said it plans to increase its advertising and marketing investments by $500-$600 million in 2012, with particular focus on North America. PepsiCo’s Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi appeared on CNBC to discuss the investments, the company’s outlook and the planned job cuts.

“Layoffs are very very difficult,” she said, adding that even though the company is laying off 8,700 people, overall those cuts will be offset by the fact that PepsiCo hires between 15,000 and 20,000 workers globally.
Well done Pepsi, spend $600 million advertising your shit so you can cut 8700 jobs, which is okay because you can turn around and hire a bunch of people overseas for less than 1/4 the wages of the 8700 you cut in conus.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #932
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison
Census adjustment, who are the census bureau btw (they never contacted me for anything )
Do you happen to live in a cave? They stalked me worse than an ex-girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison

We already know that American Airlines is cutting 10,000 - 15,000 jobs, announced last week,
The airlines is a dying industry, has been since 9/11 they haven't learned how to evolve. I don't think any president is going to be able to do much for them.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #933
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Do you happen to live in a cave? They stalked me worse than an ex-girlfriend.
Yes, in fact i do live in a cave

Quote:
The airlines is a dying industry, has been since 9/11 they haven't learned how to evolve. I don't think any president is going to be able to do much for them.
Much like the soft drink industry is a dying industry?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #934
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Much like the soft drink industry is a dying industry?
It's Pepsi, they've been losing the cola war well before Obama was just a little Kenyan.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #935
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
you didn't get a form? every household was supposed to get a form. if you're talking about a visit from someone, that's completely random and they obviously can't visit everyone. i remember when the forms went out and all the friends on my facebook said they weren't going to fill it out because they thought it was an invasion of privacy. give me a break. don't come crying to me when your district loses funding because they thought less people lived there so they close a school or library.

my mom worked for them, they wanted me to work for them too but they waited a full year to contact me after i replied. by the time they contacted me i was about to move out of the country in a couple weeks.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i remember when the forms went out and all the friends on my facebook said they weren't going to fill it out because they thought it was an invasion of privacy. give me a break. don't come crying to me when your district loses funding because they thought less people lived there so they close a school or library.
Yeah, I don't get that argument, either. It's a population survey, basically. I've seen the census forms when my family filled them out and it's not like they're asking questions about your daily personal showering habits or anything.

Not to mention, it specifically states in our Constitution that a census will happen every 10 years. So if this is some sort of invasion of privacy, we're going to need to do some Constitution altering again .
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #937
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, I don't get that argument, either. It's a population survey, basically. I've seen the census forms when my family filled them out and it's not like they're asking questions about your daily personal showering habits or anything.

Not to mention, it specifically states in our Constitution that a census will happen every 10 years. So if this is some sort of invasion of privacy, we're going to need to do some Constitution altering again .
exactly. yet some of these people are the same people who want to regulate so much personal stuff that's frankly no one's business but yours, which you could argue is the real invasion of privacy.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #938
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
exactly. yet some of these people are the same people who want to regulate so much personal stuff that's frankly no one's business but yours, which you could argue is the real invasion of privacy.
Exactly.

These are also the same sorts of people who will willingly share every last bit of information about their lives on Facebook and such, too.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #939
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:23 PM
ABC News, Feb. 9
Quote:
“[Obama]’s trying to weaken them, churches, trying to say that anybody who believes in the values of the Judeo-Christian policies,” Santorum said to about 2,000 people in a converted barn [in Plano, TX, Feb. 8], one of his largest audiences of the campaign...“They are taking faith and crushing it. Why? Why? When you marginalize faith in America, when you remove the pillar of God given rights then what’s left?” Santorum asked and an audience member offered, “Communism!”

“The French Revolution,” Santorum answered.
ThinkProgress, Feb. 9 (video embedded)
Quote:
"[The French Revolution] was a secular revolution on which we relied on the goodness of each other. This is the left’s view of where America should go. And of course where did France go? To the guillotine. To tyranny. If there are no rights that government needs to respect, then what we see with ObamaCare is just the beginning of what government will do to you."
And the most unique take on de Tocqueville I think I've ever heard (New Yorker, Feb. 9 [video embedded]):
Quote:
"He came from a country, they had a revolution, too…Their constitution by the way was very similar to the American Constitution. But it was one difference. Their constitution was based on three principles. Liberty—good. Equality—good. And fraternity—brotherhood. Brother-hood. But not fatherhood. The rights came from each other. Came from the government. Not inalienable rights that came from God."
Qu'ils mangent de l'Eucharistie!

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 AM   #940
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:23 AM
It boggles the mind.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #941
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Sometimes I get frustrated when I can't get a real, honest and adult answer about something like healthcare, but then I read something like that and I'm reminded why...

We're fucked
Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #942
Blue Crack Addict

I'd say f you, but that would just be a hormonal, emotional reaction.

Hey Ricky, would that be only during that time of the month or just all the time?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #943
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:23 PM
How is this guy a serious option???
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #944
Blue Crack Addict

Cause we're already fucked anyway, so why not go all out for broke?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #945
Blue Crack Addict

In 2005 the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported:

So not long after his first book, “It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good,” hit Washington bookstores over the Fourth of July weekend, his opponents were sifting through the 430 pages at warp speed -- culling controversial passages in which the Pennsylvania Republican criticizes public schools, America’s “divorce culture” and argues that more American families should consider whether both parents really need to work. . . .

Many women, he adds, have told him that it is more “socially affirming to work outside the home than to give up their careers to take care of their children.”

That ideology, he says, has been shaped by feminists who demean the work of women who stay at home as primary caregivers.

“What happened in America so that mothers and fathers who leave their children in the care of someone else -- or worse yet, home alone after school between three and six in the afternoon -- find themselves more affirmed by society? Here, we can thank the influence of radical feminism,” Santorum writes.

“Sadly the propaganda campaign launched in the 1960s has taken root,” said Santorum. “The radical feminists succeeded in undermining the traditional family and convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to happiness.”

Tags
gop, republican