GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #916
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
How can you say Newt is irrelevant? As long as he keeps raising money, attacking Romney and vowing to go to the convention, he's relevant.

Again, they were all non-binding caucuses, the delegate count is unchanged, and Romney hardly spent any money in those states. Go back and look at some of the exit polls of the states that have voted so far. Romney wins self-described conservatives and Tea Partiers in some of those states.

If you're thinking Romney is going to sweep every remaining state, you're wrong. As a supporter of his, I'd personally rather have his main opponent be Santorum than Gingrich.

are you at all concerned that Romney lost in states he won in 2008, and these are states he'll have to win to have a chance at getting to 270?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #917
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
switching the subject now?
Well, we seem to have established that you're proud of your hero's record in reducing the unemployment rate to 1938 levels, so I didn't see much quarter in continuing with that avenue.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #918
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Well, we seem to have established that you're proud of your hero's record in reducing the unemployment rate to 1938 levels, so I didn't see much quarter in continuing with that avenue.

all i've done is demonstrate that Obama inherited an economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a month and is now creating 200,000+ a month.

you sound like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and any other right wing bookseller.

no one is claiming Obama has performed an economic miracle, but constantly looking for bad news when there clear sings of a slow but real recovery (no double-dip recession) seems like being contrary for the sake of being contrary.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #919
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
all i've done is demonstrate that Obama inherited an economy that was losing 750,000 jobs a month and is now creating 200,000+ a month.

you sound like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and any other right wing bookseller.

no one is claiming Obama has performed an economic miracle, but constantly looking for bad news when there clear sings of a slow but real recovery (no double-dip recession) seems like being contrary for the sake of being contrary.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #920
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511

Exactly
Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #921
Blue Crack Supplier

of course, it wouldn't be FYM if we weren't contrary for the sake of being contrary, sorry if i came across a bit too curt.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #922
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Exactly
You can't just keep riding on the coat-tails of Irvine and shouting from the sidelines. You should try to develop your own arguments now and again and write posts of your own, then you can be allowed play with the big boys and girls.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #923
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
of course, it wouldn't be FYM if we weren't contrary for the sake of being contrary, sorry if i came across a bit too curt.
No worries, I am after all the Bad News Bear of the forum.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #924
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy

You can't just keep riding on the coat-tails of Irvine and shouting from the sidelines. You should try to develop your own arguments now and again and write posts of your own, then you can be allowed play with the big boys and girls.
I've engaged with you plenty of times over the years. I started a response, then read irvine's and decided it was much more precise, and didn't want to clog this thread with reiterations of the same post.

But in general I believe you have lost your sense of nuance lately and have started to just take the Rush/ Hannity script and write it as your own. I find it disappointing, for you use to be able to rise above that garbage.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #925
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I don't particularly like bad news, and i dont think Financeguy does either. But even as an optimist, i dont think its wise to pass on bad news disguised as good news.

I realize this has already been covered a few pages back, so im surprised to see it come up again.

Here's the dirty little secret:

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

Largest absolute jump in people dropping out of labor force:

Record 1.2M Fall Out Of Labor Force

Participation rate falls to 63.7%, a 30-year low.

Sorry, but it's a FACT - we're not actually seeing an employment recovery, we're seeing desperation turn to hopelessness and giving up all together for millions of Americans.

Financeguy is just calling it like he sees it.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #926
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

I think we need to have it explained how the Census works.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #928
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Record 1.2M Fall Out Of Labor Force

Participation rate falls to 63.7%, a 30-year low.

Sorry, but it's a FACT - we're not actually seeing an employment recovery, we're seeing desperation turn to hopelessness and giving up all together for millions of Americans.
Again--this was the month they made the once-a-decade census adjustment. That was an adjustment of 1,510,000 people who had never been counted before (with no backwards adjustment). 1,288,000 were added to the 55+ age group (56% as "not in labor force"), 430,000 were added to the 16-24 age group (76% as "not in labor force"), and for the 25-54s there was a negative adjustment, -299,000. In total, that's 1,250,000 added to "not in labor force" and 258,000 added to the labor force (216,000 employed, 42,000 unemployed). Which explains the drop in the labor force participation rate. None of these people "fell out" of anything, unless you want to make the case that the US population somehow managed to literally grow by 1,510,000 in one month.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #929
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

more data from various sources:

http://www.shrm.org/Publications/HRN...nds_lowrez.pdf

will try this link again, it didnt work in my previous post

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

Quote:
Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 02/03/2012 08:51 -0500

BLS Bureau of Labor Statistics Unemployment Withholding taxes

A month ago, we joked when we said that for Obama to get the unemployment rate to negative by election time, all he has to do is to crush the labor force participation rate to about 55%. Looks like the good folks at the BLS heard us: it appears that the people not in the labor force exploded by an unprecedented record 1.2 million. No, that's not a typo: 1.2 million people dropped out of the labor force in one month! So as the labor force increased from 153.9 million to 154.4 million, the non institutional population increased by 242.3 million meaning, those not in the labor force surged from 86.7 million to 87.9 million. Which means that the civilian labor force tumbled to a fresh 30 year low of 63.7% as the BLS is seriously planning on eliminating nearly half of the available labor pool from the unemployment calculation. As for the quality of jobs, as withholding taxes roll over Year over year, it can only mean that the US is replacing high paying FIRE jobs with low paying construction and manufacturing. So much for the improvement.

Chart below shows it all - that jump is not a fat finger!
(ive already posted the charts in the previous post)
Old 02-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #930
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
more data from various sources:

http://www.shrm.org/Publications/HRN...nds_lowrez.pdf

will try this link again, it didnt work in my previous post

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

(ive already posted the charts in the previous post)

this has already been answered. read Yolland's post above or refer to my post on this a few pages back.

Tags
gop, republican