GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #706
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Excuse me, but this is one thing I have continuously criticized Obama for. I have stated on this forum, more than once, that he should have fired Geithner. I also did not approve of his appointments in this area. And I have cited this as the major reason why my support for him has waned.
Ok. Well, apologies, I guess I missed that. Seemingly Geithner is moving on, anyway.
__________________

__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #707
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 10:39 AM
So..Herman Cain just came out and endorse Newt. Herman why did u stoop this low..was it because he could control his ladies better than you ?
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #708
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I don't like the idea of term limits.

It was not originally in the U.S. Constitution for term limits for the President.

Republicans added that ammendment in the early 1940s
because FDR kept being elected.
That's what amendments are for. Things don't have to be in the Constitution originally. We can amend it. So, what's your point?
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #709
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
So..Herman Cain just came out and endorse Newt. Herman why did u stoop this low..was it because he could control his ladies better than you ?
The main factor seems to be, overwhelmingly, because people just don't like Mitt.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #710
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 10:39 AM
..the same could be said of Rick S, but let's not go there.

Herman did not endorse the 3 other men who've had honorable marriages, but chose one w scandals similar or nearer to his own.

So, you do the math, ie birds of a feather.

<>
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #711
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I don't like the idea of term limits.

It was not originally in the U.S. Constitution for term limits for the President.

Republicans added that ammendment in the early 1940s
because FDR kept being elected.
Forget the President...that's basically irrelevant. No one President can ever carry enough power to pull the country into the sewer like the Congress.

But to oppose congressional term limits in this day and age...is to reveal, at the most fundamental level...that you don't understand what is wrong with the United States govt..

Because that is the first thing that needs to be done.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #712
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 11:39 AM
People (in the Republican base) don't like Mitt because they know he's only telling them what they want to hear.

And that he, if given the opportunity, would be much more moderate than their ideal. But it doesn't matter. Romney wouldn't ever get a chance to be a moderate. He might as well be as Right Wing as the consensus average congressional Republican. Because he'd want to be re-elected in 2016 and he, as any President would, would do their bidding.

So yeah, the thing they hate Romney for, is basically irrelevant.
He's a good guy, a smarmy guy but a good guy...caught having to appeal to idiots.
And if these idiots understood politics, they'd know this.

Why can't we fix our problems? Because we get the Government we deserve.
A Government not accountable to a voting public too ignorant to hold them to it.
And yeah, that's all sides, and the middle. People don't understand the real problem.

Rick Perry is the only candidate that has mentioned anything resembling a real reform that would help all of us (part-time congress)...but it didn't get very far. Because he couldn't articulate it (surprise, surprise).

If Mitt Romney makes term-limits a high priority, I'd consider supporting him.
Same with Obama.
If you don't understand why this is priority #1, then you don't understand the problem.
De$ire for re-election$ (read: special interest/lobby money). That is what it is all about.
Take that away...well, subdue it, and watch the partisan gridlock ease overnight.

Then, it will be on to real election reform (campaign financing).

I recommend the book Republic, Lost for much more on this matter. I've been saying it for decades. It is categorically NOT a partisan or Left/Right issue.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #713
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,245
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Newt unsurprisingly said today that he's in this fight until the very end although we all expected that since he thinks of this as a self-promotion tour. Paul will be in it because of his fanbase and Romney is obvious since he'll be the nominee. That leaves Santorum as the only person that could drop out before the final primary that leads to Mitt having a delegate majority. I think he'll give up after Super Tuesday.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #714
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan

Forget the President...that's basically irrelevant. No one President can ever carry enough power to pull the country into the sewer like the Congress.

But to oppose congressional term limits in this day and age...is to reveal, at the most fundamental level...that you don't understand what is wrong with the United States govt..

Because that is the first thing that needs to be done.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #715
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse

I don't like the idea of term limits.

It was not originally in the U.S. Constitution for term limits for the President.

Republicans added that ammendment in the early 1940s
because FDR kept being elected.
Are you against all amendments?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #716
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,272
Local Time: 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Forget the President...that's basically irrelevant. No one President can ever carry enough power to pull the country into the sewer like the Congress.

But to oppose congressional term limits in this day and age...is to reveal, at the most fundamental level...that you don't understand what is wrong with the United States govt..

Because that is the first thing that needs to be done.
I agree, although I would argue that it isn't going far enough and that term limits in and of themselves would not be particularly productive unless you coupled them with serious and stringent anti-lobbying rules.

Congressmen, Senators, cabinet members, senior staff, etc (you can debate how far down you need to go), should not be permitted to walk out of their jobs and immediately into a lobbying/consulting firm where their behinds will collect millions while they work against the public good on the Hill with their old buddies. You want to serve in Congress? Great, but then you'll be legally precluded from being a lobbyist for 20 years afterwards.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #717
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Tea Party was a fundamentally noble attempt to wrest control of the direction of the country from the Washington/Manhattan complex back to where it belongs, under the constitution of the US - the people - while people like you intentionally or otherwise, deflect attention from the Wall Street complex of Obama's financiers.
I'm not sure what's happened to you of late, but this couldn't be further from the truth.

You have the Tea Party wrong and you have anitram all wrong.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #718
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,899
Local Time: 11:39 AM
So I must admit that I haven't been paying much attention lately...

...so does Newt actually have a chance to win the nomination?
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #719
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 11:39 AM
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #720
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 09:39 AM
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
 

Tags
gop, republican

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com