GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #646
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
For weeks Newt has been romanticizing about he and Reagan's 'special relationship' as if they had private lunches and dismantled Communism together over coffee and crumb cakes. That he was and is in fact the only Reagan de-facto protege, heir apparent-New Reagan of the 21st Century.
This sums up the Republican party right now, use Reagan to win points, but not the factual Reagan, a make believe Reagan.

As much as I didn't like the real Reagan, he would be shunned by your party these days.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #647
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:02 PM
Seriously.

Newt may be a giant douchenozzle but to suggest that he's somehow unique in invoking Reagan is beyond disingenuous.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #648
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:02 PM
He doesn't simply invoke Reagan but takes it to higher extremes, you missed the point.

Newt is the disingenuous one, not Elliot Abrams who pointed it out.

His capacity to lie without flinching is amazingly pathological almost reaching Clintonian levels-something the country doesn't need again.

<>
Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #649
Blue Crack Addict

I heard that whatever happens on the moon colony stays on the moon colony, if you know what I mean Newt Just think of the possibilities-not just America boners, but lunar boners too. I did it all for the space program, to infinity and beyond!

By NBC's Alex Moe

COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president.

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American," Gingrich told the crowd of roughly 700, taking them to their feet in applause.

The former House speaker said the current space program in the country is a "tragedy" and believes his "grandiose" ideas can help fix it.

"I am sick of being told we have to be timid and I'm sick of being told we have to be limited to technologies that are 50 years old," he said, noting that by 2020 he wants to be capable to go to Mars.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #650
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Fiscal conservatism
Old 01-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #651
Blue Crack Addict

Is there universal health care on the moon and Mars? Do you have to finish high school? I assume gay marriage isn't allowed there.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #652
Blue Crack Supplier

Play the Game | Supervillain or Newt
Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #653
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
"We are not going to beat Barack Obama with some guy who has Swiss bank accounts, Cayman Island accounts, owns shares of Goldman Sachs who have foreclosed on Florida and is himself a stock holder in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, while he tries to think the rest of us are too stupid to put the dots together and understand what this is all about," Gingrich declared in a preamble to a decidedly angry stump speech.

"In 1992, he gave money to Democrats for Congress," he added at another point. "He voted in the Democratic primary for Paul Tsongas, the most liberal candidate. This is the man who stood up the other night and questioned my credentials as a Reaganite? This is the kind of gall they have, to think we are so stupid and we are so timid that we will let someone who voted for Paul Tsongas -– in 1994 he is running for the U.S. Senate to the left of Teddy Kennedy. Do you know how hard it is to run to the left of Teddy Kennedy? And he says, 'You know, I don’t want to go back to the Reagan-Bush years, I was an independent then.'"

"He won't tell you that now, because he is counting on us not having YouTube," Gingrich said. "That's how much he thinks we are stupid. And we are not stupid. The message we should give Mitt Romney is: we aren't that stupid and you aren't that clever."
Newt is getting mad again!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #654
ONE
love, blood, life

Newts latest polls are also sagging..
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #655
Blue Crack Supplier

which is why he's going to come out swinging in the next debate.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #656
ONE
love, blood, life

Won't work in Florida. Less knuckle draggers.

Hoping I'm accurate..
Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #657
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

why, diamond ... you've grown!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

Huffington Post

According to Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, America has lost not only its entertainment industry, but also its higher education system. "Higher education was the first to go, a long time ago," he said.

While speaking at the First Baptist Church in Naples, Florida on Wednesday, Santorum claimed that the Left uses universities to "indoctrinate" young people for the end purpose of maintaining power. "It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," he said. yeah I'm sure that's the reason

He also argued that colleges and universities would receive no funding if they taught Judeo-Christian principles, but by teaching radical secular ideology, these schools are given government backing. He then asserted that 62 percent of young people who enter college with a set of religious beliefs leave without one. The presidential candidate concluded his speech by urging his audience not to give their money to universities that are undermining that country by spreading left-wing ideology.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #659
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
He then asserted that 62 percent of young people who enter college with a set of religious beliefs leave without one.
Even if that fact is correct, what's so wrong about that? People go into college and learn historical facts and realize that religion is hogwash? And that's a bad thing?

It will be hilarious in the year 2300 when Christianity is a small cult-like sect and everyone laughs that our leaders had such nonsensical notions.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #660
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:

Hoping I'm accurate..
I think you're severely overestimating the Worst State in the Union.

Tags
gop, republican