GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 3 - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #601
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:22 AM
Man, after watching back Gingrich's reaction to King on TV just now, when King asked him about the whole thing with his second ex-wife...sorry, but god, somebody needs to just slap him hard across the face and confront him with every single bit of hypocrisy he's expressed right to him. Not that it'd probably change Gingrich at all, he won't care, but still, it just needs to be done.

Also, after seeing Gingrich's reaction, and hearing the people in the audience applaud him for "sticking up" to that "evil, mainstream media" attack, it's official: "Family values" voters and politicians really should just shut their mouths. If there was any further proof needed of their complete and total lack of credibility, that debate would be a perfect example.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #602
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:22 PM
It feels like there are way more debates this season than in elections past.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #603
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:22 AM
yes
me too
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #604
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Yeah, really, what exactly IS the deal with all these endless debates? Why so many?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #605
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
also, yes, the debate was boring as hell. even Brad Goreski is more interesting.
Is it pathetic that I know who he is? Answer, yes.

Real Housewives Beverly Hills was good, Pandora's dress was gorgeous. Lisa looked ridiculous as motb. Supposedly her daughter wanted her to look that way. Giggy looked less ridiculous.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #606
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Is it pathetic that I know who he is? Answer, yes.

Real Housewives Beverly Hills was good, Pandora's dress was gorgeous. Lisa looked ridiculous as motb. Supposedly her daughter wanted her to look that way. Giggy looked less ridiculous.
I actually love Bev Hills House Wives.

Kyle is the best
Camille 2nd
Taylor 3rd.
Kim-4th.

the rest are kinda blah, Lisa makes me ill.

Oh and Mitt is only down 5 points in Florida down, he's getting his swag back, check it:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...ase_FL_123.pdf

<>
Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #607
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:22 AM
..and maybe Barry can give Mittens singing lessons:

Exhibit: A)

Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #608
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, really, what exactly IS the deal with all these endless debates? Why so many?
According to wikipedia last night was the 18th debate for the 2012 Republican nomination.

The Democrats had 26 debates in 2007/08.
The Republicans had 21 in 2007/08.

Personally, I think this is a good thing. We need more people paying attention to these debates, even if they aren't planning on voting Republican, than say...watching reality Housewife drivel.

Sorry guys...you have to admit it's garbage.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #609
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
According to wikipedia last night was the 18th debate for the 2012 Republican nomination.

The Democrats had 26 debates in 2007/08.
The Republicans had 21 in 2007/08.
Huh. I remember watching some of those debates, too. Maybe they were a bit more spaced out or something, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Personally, I think this is a good thing. We need more people paying attention to these debates, even if they aren't planning on voting Republican, than say...watching reality Housewife drivel.

Sorry guys...you have to admit it's garbage.
Honestly, I don't know which of the two would zap my IQ points more .

(I've never watched any of the "Housewives" shows, just seen clips when others talk about them on TV. Not my bag at all, but eh, to each their own)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #610
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:22 PM
Gingrich in an interview on Christian Broadcasting Network this morning, with the same interviewer he'd told 'I did things that weren't appropriate because of how passionately I love my country...' last spring.

Quote:
CBN (David Brody): I’m curious; when I talk to evangelicals they bring up the word forgiveness. They say you know what, the media wants to bash you for the past, for some of the marital issues of the past, but yet, when I talk to evangelicals, they’re like been there, done that, regarding forgiveness. And that is very important. What does that say to you? The sentiment of forgiveness from evangelicals?

Newt Gingrich: Well, I think it’s important. It’s also important that they recognize that I have not hidden from the facts of my life, that I have confessed my weaknesses, and that I have had to go to God for forgiveness and for reconciliation. And I think most people can identify, either with themselves or with loved ones, that life has moments that are very sad, you wish wouldn’t have occurred. And you look back on them and you seek forgiveness for not having done everything you could have.

So, I think in that sense, it may make me more normal than somebody who wanders around seeming perfect and maybe not understanding the human condition, and the challenges of life for normal people.
The Brody File (CBN), Jan. 24

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #611
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Vacations, Ayers, golf... This is what these talking heads are saying on a daily basis. I just didn't think anyone outside the nut job right even gave these a second thought. You don't seem like one of them, so I've found these points being sprinkled in your posts to be confusing.
They do? I haven't heard anyone mention the Ayers thing in a while, othen than my recent post, then again i watch mostly NBC nightly news or CNN. I do get the vacation reference. Lets put it this way, when times are good and people are prospering, and our budget isn't in bad shape, people would care less about how many vacations or golf games a potus takes in. These aren't the best of times, so naturally people who are having a hard time making ends meet are taking note every time that Michelle goes on a very costly vacation or Barry is playing golf again, or whatever.

On the other hand, we had a decent economy during most of the Bush years (by comparison to today) and he was hammered for the amount of times he went to Crawford and even depicted as a goof in Michael Moore's "documentary" riding around on golf carts with daddy Bush, fishing, hanging out at the ranch, etc, meanwhile soldiers were dying in Iraq.

I guess that works both ways

I do appreciate the compliment though, i honestly don't have any idea how many vacations Michelle has taken, at what cost to the taxpayer and the environment, or how many rounds of golf Barry has played, etc. Though it was mentioned during the debate last night....something about 90 rounds of golf. Anyway, no-one is above criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i was responding to what i thought was a cheap shot.
I think you are being a little hyper sensitive, please see above for my explanation on why.

If Romney gets the nomination, i will do my part to make sure Barry has the rest of his life to play golf at our expense, thanks to a very nice retirement he will have earned.

If Gingrich gets the nomination, i will do my part to make sure Barry has another 4 years to play another 90 rounds of golf, in between keeping the economy fairly stagnant, maintaining gridlock with congress, and the repeated threat of a government shutdown every few weeks.

Cheers
Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #612
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

^ Actually- and unfortunately- I think you're slightly wrong. If Gingrich is the nominee, there won't be much gridlock in Congress because Pelosi will be Speaker and it will be 2009-2011 all over again.

That's why I'm so bent on Romney's nomination. Even if there isn't much policy difference between he and Newt, I think it comes down to coattails, and there are only two plausible outcomes: Romney leads the GOP to winning everything or Newt leads the GOP to losing everything. I don't think there's a middle ground.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #613
Blue Crack Addict

1. Romney could win everything.
2. Gingrich will/would lose everything.

3. Most likely, Obama will beat Romney, GOP will win Senate and keep the House.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #614
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
1. Romney could win everything.
2. Gingrich will/would lose everything.

3. Most likely, Obama will beat Romney, GOP will win Senate and keep the House.

I agree.

Romney might could win again Obama. It would be narrow win.

I don't think Gingrich has a chance.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #615
Blue Crack Addict

this is odd

Pelosi On A Gingrich Presidency: "That Will Never Happen" | RealClearPolitics

Quote:
a President Gingrich?"

Rep. Nancy Pelosi: "Let me just say this. That will never happen."
King: "Why?"

Pelosi: "He's not going to be President of the United States. That's not going to happen. Let me just make my prediction and stand by it, it isn't going to happen."

King: "Why are you so sure?"

Pelosi: "There is something I know. The Republicans, if they choose to nominate him that's their prerogative. I don't even think that's going to happen."

Tags
gop, republican