GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Downey, registered Republican, has been SNL's main political writer for decades.
Did he write that sketch? I couldn't say for certain but I'd bet good money that he did.
So much for "the Left"...but I guess these paper-thin-skinned, supposed 'tough guy' conservatives like Santorum see anything that doesn't coddle their nutsack as "Left".

For context, recall the Democratic Primary sketches in 2008, when SNL was about the only mainstream program that called out the mainstream media for their Obama bias in those mock CNN sketches.

Or hell, those Downey-penned Gore/Bush sketches which were a lot less 'flattering' to Gore than Bush. Or the '92 Democratic debate sketch entitled "The Race To Be The Guy That Loses to Bush".

i hope they ask Cain about barbecuing Mexicans along his electric fence. and then about Anderson's hunky new boyfriend.

anderson-cooper-ben-maisani.jpg

sadly, i won't be watching as it's my hus-bully's birthday, and we're going out to dinner with another couple of bullies.

also, as an aside, it's really fucking sick of Santorum to feign "wah, i'm being bullied" when another kid killed himself this week because he was out (worse, he had made his own "it gets better" video). Santorum's past statements -- "man on dog" -- and present positions absolutely contribute to a homophobic environment that's hell on kids.

Just caught about a half hour of the debate because there's nothing else on TV.

Perry just got fucking BURNED by Romney. Hard. Man, it was hard to watch.

Perry had what I'm sure he thought would be his "big moment" of the debate. He ferociously called out Romney for employing "illegals" (does anyone else hate it when these guys call people "illegals"? It just comes off as, frankly, racist) and then proceeded to look totally immature, like a kid in a schoolyard fight, interrupting Romney over and over as Romney was trying to defend himself. Romney eventually did defend himself, and busted on Perry for being a shitty debater and telling him that if he wants to be President he needs to learn how to let other people speak. Got 'em.

Santorum was doing the same thing earlier in the debate (interrupting Romney and looking like an idiot in the process) but nobody really cares about Santorum.

Anyway, these candidates are all ridiculous. Bachmann at one point was in the corner shrieking "ANDERSON! ANDERSON! ANDERSON! ANDERSON! ANDERSON!"

Romney's swatting them down like flies. First Cain, then Santorum, Gingrich and Perry. If this ends up finally being the "everyone go after Romney" debate, he's in fantastic shape.

I like it. :up:

I like it. :up:

i agree that Romney is heads and shoulders above everyone else on that stage.

what is the right wing's problem with him? why did all of Perry's support go to Cain and not to Romney? what's the resistance? it can't just be Romney-care, can it?

i mean this seriously.

This debate has helped Perry. Not that he was great or even good tonight.

He just was not as terrible as he has been.

With all the money he has, and his backers he will bounce back up in the polls a bit.

It is still a 3 person race, Romney, and two not Romneys.

Re: Rommers and RPerr

That was a great exchange about interrupting other people. That was the kind of primary fireworks I was waiting for :drool:

what is the right wing's problem with him? why did all of Perry's support go to Cain and not to Romney? what's the resistance? it can't just be Romney-care, can it?

i mean this seriously.

mormon-male.jpg

is just one of many

To be honest, I think Mittens is about as religious as Obama or Bush II. That is to say not at all, anymore.

This is true. I forgot for a moment that Washington operates in a reality distortion field, there. :cute:

it's really fucking sick of Santorum to feign "wah, i'm being bullied" when another kid killed himself this week because he was out (worse, he had made his own "it gets better" video). Santorum's past statements -- "man on dog" -- and present positions absolutely contribute to a homophobic environment that's hell on kids.

I agree. He should be ashamed of himself and just stfu. He started all those "family faith" comments but he didn't go that far last night. I guess Anderson didn't want to bring it up, or maybe I just missed that part. I didn't see the whole thing.

I highly doubt that he has wanted to commit suicide because of SNL or any other media entity.

Wayne Newton is scary looking, they kept showing him in the audience and he looks like a wax figure. Wow, a Wayne Newton endorsement. She should run with that. He's like John Wayne? John Wayne Newton. I bet he fired the shot heard round the world in New Hampshire :D

In the spin room after the GOP debate, there was one person to whom everyone turned for his take on who won the night: Wayne Newton.

Yes, "Mr. Las Vegas" himself was in the audience Tuesday night, and he held court before a throng of reporters afterward.

"I thought Gov. Romney handled himself extremely well," Newton said. "He handled himself in a way I would have been proud of if he had been representing our country. I thought some of the other remarks were beneath the dignity of what the debates were about. I think all in all, if I had to pick a winner, it would be Gov. Romney"

Newton told PJTV's Alexis Garcia that the GOP candidates would make a "great showroom act for Las Vegas, if we could get them all together."

According to NBC, Newton came into the debate hoping to support Rick Perry but was turned off by the Texas governor's "mean-spirited" attacks on Romney.

Later in the night, though, he appeared to change his tune again, appearing with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) on Fox News' "On the Record."

With his arm around the Minnesota congresswoman, he told Fox's Greta Van Sustren, "I will support this beautiful lady as long as she wants to go."

“I watched the entire debate, and I don’t have to tell you how proud I was of this lady because not only did she hold her own, but she kind of stood alone and I’m not talking about being female,” Newton said. “I’m talking about the wonderful things and views that she has for America.”

Bachmann was happy to accept Newton's endorsement. "Hey, why not?" she said. "We'll take support everywhere we can, and it doesn't get better. This is a picture of America right here. This is like John Wayne, Wayne Newton, so I'm just thrilled."

I never thought anyone could make me root for and feel sympathy for Mitt. But Rick Perry and Santorum did. They're both so smarmy and acted like d bags.

Poor Mitt. Talking out of all sides of his face and getting called out on it.

i mean this seriously.

You've asked this before, and I answered it weeks ago. It's because he stands for nothing. He is on all sides of every issue. He has no principles, he is - as far as a large segment of the Rep base is concerned - the worst kind of politician. And it is so apparent - his waffling and 'one size meets all' political contrivances, that even Lefties and Liberals think this guy is being bullied by real conservatives.

And it really, really is that simple. I promise.

He's contrived to stake out a moderate position for Nov 2012.

So what does he believe? Why is he the best of this bunch?
And why would you believe what he's saying?

You've asked this before, and I answered it weeks ago. [/I]

maybe i didn't find your answer satisfactory enough and wanted to hear from the few conservatives who regularly post in FYM and perhaps also the question is party rhetorical and meant to tease out an anti-Mormon bias amongst the evangelicals who make up a large portion of GOP primary voters.

I'm aware of how much Mitt talks out of both sides of his face, but those two played right into his hands and made him look like he was being unfairly attacked, even if he wasn't. No finesse, and they still looked like d bags. Those expressions on Santorum's face made me want to punch him. He looked like a weasel. I'm no fan of any of them but that's how it came across.

Perry's attack that went back to a 2007 newspaper article was pretty stupid.
Romney hired a lawn service company, and some of the workers were not legal? When it was brought to his attention he fired the company. That's it?
Makes him unfit to deal with immigration? Really?

As stupid as that is, some of the GOP voters will think it is a real zinger!

Someone left the cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it and I'll never have that recipe again.

I'd like to bake a cake for Anderson, and we could make out in the kitchen while it's baking :wink:

Creepy

Everyone who's seen Vegas Vacation knows what a charmer Wayne Newton can be, and last night he channeled his charisma toward Michele Bachmann, the Republican presidential candidate and representative from Minnesota.

In a post-debate interview on Fox News' On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, Newton and Bachmann hit it off.

"I will support this beautiful lady as long as she wants to go," Newton said, as he repeatedly caressed Bachmann's arm.

"That's pretty hot," Van Susteren said.

At the end of the clip, Newton moves in for a kiss, which Bachmann adroitly dodges so that it lands on her forehead.

You can watch the video here:

Wayne Newton cuddles with Michele Bachmann on Fox News, kisses her | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom