GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #886
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844

I'm assuming you're not a big fan of the constitution either, then?
Oh, come on...

Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #887
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Where in the hell did you get that from? Wanting to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and eat safe food is somehow unconstitutional? Please explain, also please answer my question, I'm curious..How would putting us back on the gold standard do anything other then destroy the economy?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #888
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved1998 View Post
Where in the hell did you get that from? Wanting to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and eat safe food is somehow unconstitutional?
Of course not. But, according to the constitution, namely the tenth amendment, that's a total state issue, not a federal government one.

Quote:
Please answer my question, I'm curious..How would putting us back on the gold standard do anything other then destroy the economy?
Would it cause a somewhat negative effect in the immediate future? Possibly. But it would help avoid a total destruction of the US economy in the future when the dollar continues to drop down to nothing.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #889
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:32 AM
Quote:
PS. You look like someone poured mashed potatoes into a suit
Ah ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #890
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Of course not. But, according to the constitution, namely the tenth amendment, that's a total state issue, not a federal government one.
Can you show the exact language that forbids this? Thanks.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #891
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Can you show the exact language that forbids this? Thanks.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nowhere in the constitution is the power to pass environmental protection laws that the states are forced to comply with delegated to the government. So clearly, the power to pass environmental protection laws is a power reserved to the states. Your welcome.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #892
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Would it cause a somewhat negative effect in the immediate future? Possibly. But it would help avoid a total destruction of the US economy in the future when the dollar continues to drop down to nothing.
EPA is under the executive branch umbrella. It is perfectly constitutional. Look at Beijing, hell look back at the 60s and 70s. I don't want to go back to that. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Until the 70s States did a piss poor job of regulating businesses that dumped mercury and other toxic chemicals into the water supply and God knows what into the air.

re: gold standard
As for a negative effect...Global trade will come to a standstill, there won't be enough gold-backed money to go around so people would hold onto their money..the rich will get richer, and the poor will get poorer. The U.S. government would be unable to respond quickly to economic shocks.. Recessions would last longer, depressions would become frequent, any economic growth would cause deflation which would make anything domestically produced more expensive, while foreign imports would grow cheaper. This would lead to even larger trade deficits. Nothing good would come from it.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #893
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Nowhere in the constitution is the power to pass environmental protection laws that the states are forced to comply with delegated to the government. So clearly, the power to pass environmental protection laws is a power reserved to the states. Your welcome.
This is like picking and choosing while quoting the Bible, without context it 's worthless.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #894
War Child

Quote:
EPA is under the executive branch umbrella. It is perfectly constitutional. Look at Beijing, hell look back at the 60s and 70s. I don't want to go back to that. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Until the 70s States did a piss poor job of regulating businesses that dumped mercury and other toxic chemicals into the water supply and God knows what into the air.
Is burdening the states with MANDATORY programs it has no ability to pay for responsibly by themselves, without giving them the proper funds to put these programs into action, I must've missed the part in the constitution that allows this.

Quote:
re: gold standard
As for a negative effect...Global trade will come to a standstill, there won't be enough gold-backed money to go around so people would hold onto their money..the rich will get richer, and the poor will get poorer. The U.S. government would be unable to respond quickly to economic shocks.. Recessions would last longer, depressions would become frequent, any economic growth would cause deflation which would make anything domestically produced more expensive, while foreign imports would grow cheaper. This would lead to even larger trade deficits. Nothing good would come from it.
How do you figure global trade will come to a standstill? And how exactly do you think the global economy will be effected when the government continues to print more and more paper money, until it's worth next to nothing?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #895
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Is burdening the states with MANDATORY programs it has no ability to pay for responsibly by themselves, without giving them the proper funds to put these programs into action, I must've missed the part in the constitution that allows this.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Breathing clean air and drinking clean water is in everyone's best interest. Hence, environmental regulation promotes the general Welfare of the entire country.

Quote:
How do you figure global trade will come to a standstill? And if I may, I'd like to ask how you think the global economy will be effected when the government continues to print more and more paper money, until it's worth next to nothing?

No nation could afford to have a trade deficit, because money is backed by gold. A deficit would mean a loss of gold to that nation. A loss of gold, means deflation. So every nation would strive to be net exporters. No buyers will be left to trade with. Bye bye global trade.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #896
War Child

Quote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Breathing clean air and drinking clean water is in everyone's best interest. Hence, environmental regulation promotes the general Welfare of the entire country.

No nation could afford to have a trade deficit, because money is backed by gold. A deficit would mean a loss of gold to that nation. A loss of gold, means deflation. So every nation would strive to be net exporters. No buyers will be left to trade with. Bye bye global trade.
Totally dodged the questions on both accounts.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #897
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Totally dodged the questions on both accounts.
Are you fucking kidding me? Learn how to read. Oh I forgot, knowing how to read makes you an intellectual elitist.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #898
War Child

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me? Learn how to read. Oh I forgot, knowing how to read makes you an intellectual elitist.
Come on man, you're an intelligent guy. Resorting to swearing and insults makes it seem otherwise.

I asked where it says that the government can burden the states with regulations the states can't afford, and not give them the federal funds to put those regulations into action. You explained why the government has to protect the environment.

I asked what you think will happen when the downtrend in the dollar continues, to the point where the government prints so much backless money, that the dollar is worth next to nothing. You explained what would happen if we went to a gold standard.

I'd say that's not quite answering my questions.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #899
ONE
love, blood, life

The National Review is not feeling the N00t Luv.

Quote:
Gingrich’s colleagues were, however, right to bring his tenure to an end. His character flaws -- his impulsiveness, his grandiosity, his weakness for half-baked (and not especially conservative) ideas -- made him a poor Speaker of the House. Again and again he combined incendiary rhetoric with irresolute action, bringing Republicans all the political costs of a hardline position without actually taking one. Again and again he put his own interests above those of the causes he championed in public.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #900
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:32 AM
Quote:
I'm assuming you think amendments are anti-patriotic?