GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #796
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Hey there is a country Solynda, it's near Pandora.

Hours after Saturday's presidential debate in Des Moines, Iowa, GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry continued his string of memorable campaign gaffes.

CNN Political Ticker reports that Perry campaigned in the Hawkeye State, stopping in Ames. He focused on energy, taking shots at the Obama administration's handling of government spending.

"No greater example of it than this administration sending millions of dollars into the solar industry, and we lost that money," Perry said. "I want to say it was over $500 million that went to the country Solynda."

Perry was on target with his loan estimate, as the Department Of Energy issued a $535 million guarantee back in 2009. The only problem with his remark: the funding went to an energy company named Solyndra.

The Texas governor's lineup of laughs has grown over the course of his 2012 campaign. Back in November, he made headlines with his "oops" moment at a GOP debate, failing to name three federal agencies that he would eliminate. In New Hampshire, Perry got the voting age wrong as well as the date of the 2012 election. Two days ago, Perry had a judicial fail in an interview with the Des Moines Register forgetting the name of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

Perry defended his gaffes in a sit-down with Fox News Sunday, telling viewers that voters "aren't looking for a robot."

Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #797
Blue Crack Supplier

hmmm, well, i admit, Newt can deliver a punch:

Quote:
Newt Gingrich brushed off Mitt Romney's charge that he should give back the $1.6 million that Freddie Mac paid him, speaking after a town hall in Londonderry N.H.

"I would just say that if Gov. Romney would like to give back all of the money he's earned from bankrupting companies and laying off employees over his years at Bain, that I would be glad to listen to him. I'll bet you $10, not $10,000, that he won't take the offer," Gingrich told reporters.

Newt uses Bain to slam Romney - POLITICO.com

substance aside, it's good for a snicker.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #798
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Perry defended his gaffes in a sit-down with Fox News Sunday, telling viewers that voters "aren't looking for a robot."
They're also not looking for a simpleton.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #799
Blue Crack Supplier

we're still recovering from the last 8 years of simpleton idiot devil clowns from Texas.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #800
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
They're also not looking for a simpleton.
Nor are we looking for an asshole.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #801
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Nor are we looking for an asshole.
Hey, speak for yourself, lady.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #802
Blue Crack Addict

Romney is saving the 'big guns' for after the nomination.

When he debates Obama he will unleash:

"I will bet you $100,000. !"
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #803
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #804
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #805
Blue Crack Addict

it's not about race

it's about race and religion*, ask Mitt.

* clinging to their guns, to keep safe from the minorities and non-christians.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #806
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
To me its a non-issue. Though im sure the media will probably be all over it and/or take it out of context like the Obama "its above my paygrade" comment from 2008. Im sure they probably already are....though i haven't bothered to watch any faux newts. (<--see what i did there?)
I'll bet you $10,000 you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Yeah, I pretty much agree. I do feel like it was an unnecessary comment though. Very unlike Mitt. He normally doesn't give the media any so-called gaffes to latch onto.
I've noticed based on this debate and some past performances, he's not that good thinking on his feet and gets flustered easily. Perry was able to rile him up and get under his skin, he and Newt were trading broadsides all night. I'd imagine he knew Perry was dead wrong and wanted to get him which clouded his judgment. If he would have had time to think he wouldn't have 'bet 10k'. Hell, if he would have bet one million I don't think it would received this kind of attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I think Mitt's net worth is estimated at 250 million. Chump change for him, and it's not as if people don't know he's loaded. Is it?

If it's some sort of gambling issue well he even abstains from coffee. When Mitt tries to be funny off the cuff it almost always seems weird, awkward, or dumb. That's just his personality.
Exactly, if he would have bet something stupid like one million, people would have figured out it was in jest. Kind of like how kids always say to each other "I bet you one million dollars you're wrong!" Betting 10k is believable because with that kind of net worth, he probably throws that money around all the time on stupid bets like that.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #807
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I essentially agree with what's been said. Wagering $100 may have been the better way to relate to you and I, but let's be honest: Romney is wealthy. Not only can he make that bet if he wants to, so can everyone else on that stage and on the Democrat stage 4 years ago. Politicians are wealthy.

On a similar note, I thought his response to the question on growing up poor or having to make his own personal ends meet was answered quite well. I was nervous on how he would respond, but he basically acknowledged that he grew up in a family where money wasn't a problem, but that his life experiences have made him able to empathize with those less fortunate.
I thought that was an excellent way to answer the question as well.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #808
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #809
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I saw that yesterday, and I think he's got a good point. I'm going to lose a lot of respect and support that I have for the Tea Party if they end up rallying behind Gingrich and he gets the nomination. He deviates from everything that I think the Tea Party stands for.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #810
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2
I saw that yesterday, and I think he's got a good point. I'm going to lose a lot of respect and support that I have for the Tea Party if they end up rallying behind Gingrich and he gets the nomination. He deviates from everything that I think the Tea Party stands for.
See, I find this interesting because you and Glenn are just now finally seeing what we've been saying for years. I hope he opens some eyes.