GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #706
War Child

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
so much energy being wasted on people who have nothing to do with your life
A lot of people around world (especially in the US) expect everything from their nation's government instead of expecting the best from themselves as individuals.

Fortunately, the scam is over when governments can no longer bribe people with their own money.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #707
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:53 AM

Jon Stewart greeted the news that Donald Trump would be moderating a Republican presidential debate with these simple words: "thank you Jesus!"

Stewart told the audience on his Tuesday show that he had been despondent after Herman Cain dropped out of the presidential race, taking his vast stores of comic material with him. But just as Cain was exiting the stage, Trump --who has become a reliable comic foil for Stewart-- came barreling on with his debate announcement.

"When God closes a door, he opens a window!" Stewart said. "And sometimes, standing outside that window is a circus peanut wearing a badger."

Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Mitt's not into circus peanuts wearing badgers

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has rejected an invite to attend a Republican debate set to be moderated by real estate mogul Donald Trump later this month, he said Tuesday.

"I'm not participating," Romney said during an interview on Fox News. "I spoke with Donald Trump earlier today and indicated that we just can't make this debate."

Asked how Trump took it, Romney said it went over without incident.

"He understood my perspective and wished me well," Romney replied.

Donald Trump, through a spokesman, sends over a response to Romney's decision not to attend the debate he is hosting.

"It would seem logical to me that if I was substantially behind in the polls, especially in Iowa, South Carolina, and Florida, I would be participating in the debate. But, I can also understand why Governor Romney decided not to do it."
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #709
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfit00 View Post
A lot of people around world (especially in the US) expect everything from their nation's government instead of expecting the best from themselves as individuals.

Fortunately, the scam is over when governments can no longer bribe people with their own money.
huh? this has nothing to do with government. it has to do with people putting so much energy and waste so much time hating or denying rights to people they don't even know. honestly, don't you have some sort of movie you'd rather watch than to stand outside of a funeral with a picket sign saying that god hates fags? or to sit in a church and vote on whether or not you're gonna let someone in based on the color of their skin? it's fucking 2011, for fuck's sake. go play angry birds.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #710
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has rejected an invite to attend a Republican debate set to be moderated by real estate mogul Donald Trump later this month, he said Tuesday.

"I'm not participating," Romney said during an interview on Fox News. "I spoke with Donald Trump earlier today and indicated that we just can't make this debate."

Asked how Trump took it, Romney said it went over without incident.

"He understood my perspective and wished me well," Romney replied.

Donald Trump, through a spokesman, sends over a response to Romney's decision not to attend the debate he is hosting.

"It would seem logical to me that if I was substantially behind in the polls, especially in Iowa, South Carolina, and Florida, I would be participating in the debate. But, I can also understand why Governor Romney decided not to do it."
well he just got brownie points from me on that one
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #711
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Jesus fuck, Donald. He has to be the most petty motherfucker in the country.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #712
Blue Crack Supplier

Rick Perry is a petty, stupid, possibly closeted, bigot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0PAJNntoRgA

worse, he's desperate. to claim that the existence of gay people is tantamount to discrimination against Christianity makes a mockery of the word discrimination. it also makes a mockery of Christianity by positing that a Christian identity must be predicated upon a hatred (yes, hatred, listen to Perry's intended derisive inflection on gays) of a historically persecuted minority group that seeks nothing other than to be allowed to live openly and with equal rights.

this is the last, most desperate, and most stupid line of thought pitched to a shrinking, dying base that still gets excited when politicians kick gay people for political gain.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #713
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
OMG the Scott Brown barn jacket-he borrowed it

Anyway seriously, that's just sad and pathetic. I don't know if he honestly believes all or any of that stuff or if he's just so desperate because he's doing so poorly that he's resorting to that. Either way, it's gross.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #714
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:53 AM
Wow. That's just awful. I fundamentally don't understand why people have such hatred for gay people.

Remember when he was considered the Front Runner and everyone was laughing at Newt?

This GOP nomination process has been super entertaining.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #715
Blue Crack Addict

I'd say that is targeted 100% at the GOP Iowa caucus participants, some of the most religious in the country.

if he can get a surprise finish, his campaign, with the doner money collected, lives on

Keep in mind, Iowa voters threw out the judges that legalized gay marriage
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #716
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I'd say that is targeted 100% at the GOP Iowa caucus participants, some of the most religious in the country.

no doubt. it's more a commentary on the beliefs of the base, and the gutter, cynical politics at play.

Quote:
Keep in mind, Iowa voters threw out the judges that legalized gay marriage

also true, though it's more accurate to call it a "retention vote." this was the first ever organized campaign targeted at unseating justices and funded with millions of out-of-state dollars. no one had ever spent money on a judicial retention vote before.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #717
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Just for once I wish people would stop oppressing the Christians.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
no doubt. it's more a commentary on the beliefs of the base, and the gutter, cynical politics at play.

also true, though it's more accurate to call it a "retention vote." this was the first ever organized campaign targeted at unseating justices and funded with millions of out-of-state dollars. no one had ever spent money on a judicial retention vote before.
yes, I do know that
judges rarely campaign to be retained, and not retaining judges is very unusual

I do think the judges did the right thing, I also understand how state-wide initiatives and voting work, living in CA

the nominating process is really terrible, candidates need to have a state by state strategies, some small worthless states have a lot of power

this season is a bit odd, in that a candidate with no money or organization, is right at the top, and could get the nomination.

who thought, youtube, facebook?, twitter? and free time on cable t v could level the playing field

I'd like to see something like 4 regional primaries, one a week over a four week period, say around May? perhaps one every two weeks to have it run two months.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #719
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:53 PM
bit shameful as it's my state. can thank mr bob vander platts or however you spell it.

Guy's whole life after a failed run at governor has been going after gay lifestyle.

Hopefully Perry's efforts fall flat
Old 12-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #720
Blue Crack Addict

if Perry and Gingrich can work over Romney in a protracted primary fight, well that could work better for Obama

and Beal, one should not feel any shame if a statewide election goes the wrong way. I am sure there are many good decent, non bias people living in the South that find themselves on the other side these moral and common decency issues

we will always have Iowa corn, the finest corn in the world.