GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:24 PM
As basic knowledge goes, it's really come to this:

GWB > Palin > Perry > Cain.

Keeping in mind that GWB was the most proudly ignorant president ... Ever? What does such a blatant anti-knowledge, ignorance-as-a-virtue say about the party and it's core supporters?

Relieved to see that it was a conservative poster who's been calling Cain out on this.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #497
Blue Crack Addict

mediaite.com

On Fox News’ Hannity program last night, Texas Gov. Rick Perry explained his newest attack ad against President Obama, which falsely accuses the President of saying that “Americans are lazy.”

Perry told host Sean Hannity that he thought the President’s remark “reveals to me that he grew up in a privileged way,” and that “he never had to really work for anything.”

As I reported yesterday, Perry released a new ad entitled “Lazy,” which seeks to make hay out of a comment the President made about American efforts to promote US commerce globally, but which Perry morphs into an attack on average Americans. Speaking at the APEC summit in Hawaii this past weekend, the President said, “there are a lot of things that make foreign investors see the U.S. as a great opportunity — our stability, our openness, our innovative free market culture.”

“But we’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades,” he continued. “We’ve kind of taken for granted — well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America.”

In his ad, Perry clipped the “lazy” remark out of context, and said, “”Can you believe that? That’s what our President thinks is wrong with America? That Americans are lazy?”

Now, it seems that Perry is trying to say that President Obama is the lazy one.

Hannity asked Perry, “What does it (the President’s remark) reveal to you about his mind set and thinking?”

“It reveals to me that he grew up in a privileged way,” Perry said. “He never had to really work for anything. He never had to go through what Americans are going through. There’s 14-plus million americans sitting out there, some of them watching this program tonight, that don’t have a job. This president has never felt that angst.”

There are a lot of ways to describe Barack Obama’s upbringing, but “privileged” certainly isn’t one of them. The son of a single mother who, at times, depended on food stamps for subsistence, Obama can barely claim birth to a plastic spoon existence, let alone a silver one. While people like Perry might not respect Obama’s work as a community organizer, it hardly puts a Monopoly Guy monocle on him.

Given his slide in the polls and disastrous performance against his Republican rivals during the debates thus far, it’s no wonder that Perry would rather pick fights with people he’s not running against yet. If he wants to beat up on President Obama, though, he needs something better than this.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The unfortunate thing about that is that there's actually a good point in what he was saying, or at least trying to say. It's a ridiculous expectation to think a president should know the name of the leader of every country offhand, or even close to it. The fact is that most presidents simply don't need to know hardly anything important about a lot of countries unless a scenario arises where they need to. I think most Americans would agree with him on that.

However, his "Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan," his cluelessness on Libya and the fact that every foreign policy response comes back to 9-9-9 makes him look awful.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #500
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
However, his "Uz-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan," his cluelessness on Libya and the fact that every foreign policy response comes back to 9-9-9 makes him look awful.
I was just laughing because he's supposed to be ready for the "gotcha" questions and two seconds after that he wasn't. It's an "unconventional campaign" but that excuse won't work anymore. Romney is looking better. Also the comment on "insignificant countries" was cringe inducing.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Newt - straight outta Georgia!!

Bring the plantations back !!!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #502
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:24 PM
It's like something from The Onion.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:24 PM
Great, now we will have to compete with kids for jobs.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #504
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 AM
it's hard enough competing with 13 year olds from Bangalore and Indonesia, now American kids,

my paper boy is a 40 year old man behind a steering wheel with a wife and two kids, back in the 60s and 70s papers were delivered by kids on bikes

times change, this used to be a newt*

* A newt is an slimy amphibian of the family Salamandridae, (not Gingrich).
Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #505
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:24 PM
What's the matter, afraid of doing a little hard labor for a modest wage as you work your way towards a respectable job?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #506
Blue Crack Addict

Huffington Post

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain on Friday said he was initially uncomfortable when assigned a surgeon with a foreign name. Cain expressed his concern during an appearance at the Holy Land Experience, a Biblically-themed amusement park in Orlando, telling the audience that a surgeon who had once treated him for cancer was named "Dr. Abdallah."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said, 'That sounds foreign, not that I had anything against foreign doctors, but it sounded too foreign," said Cain to the audience, according to Yahoo! News. "She said, 'He's from Lebanon.' Oh, Lebanon! My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine! She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon."

"Hallelujah!" said Cain. "Thank God!"
Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #507
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:24 AM
I've said from day one, this is why the Tea Party love him.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
That, and the guy probably abused his position to try and get sex from multiple women.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #509
Blue Crack Addict

Christian doctors are much better than doctors from Uzbekibekibekistanstan.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #510
Blue Crack Addict

So I guess if he needed emergency life saving help the doctor would have to be a Christian. Maybe he carries some sort of card in his wallet. If one wasn't around I guess he'd rather die.

Or maybe others would be acceptable other than Muslim, maybe that's just code for that.