GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Tonight's CNBC debate just finished up. Romney and Gingrich won, both get an "A." Ron Paul did surprisingly well too, a strong "B." Everyone else did average, I think, except for two people...

If I didn't think so before, I do now: Neither Rick Perry nor Herman Cain can be our nominee. Rick Perry had a truly cringe-worthy moment which you'll probably be seeing a lot of tomorrow. Actually he had a number of poor responses. And Cain simply cannot answer a question without referencing 999. He just can't. Whether it's about housing, China, bailouts, whatever. All his answers are the same. Tucker Carlson is right with what he said on Red Eye the other night- will conservatives please stop pretending he's qualified for the presidency? Nice guy, admirable life story, but please, let's just stop.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #437
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2
Tucker Carlson is right with what he said on Red Eye the other night- will conservatives please stop pretending he's qualified for the presidency? Nice guy, admirable life story, but please, let's just stop.
That's rather honest for Tucker. Good for him.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #438
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:44 PM
I'd agree with 2861U2. Look for Romney and Gingrich to emerge as the front runners. Paul moves up to 3rd. Paul was great tonight, especially on the student loan question, but his foreign policy keeps him from advancing much further. Iran's quest for nuclear weapons and political hegemony in the Middle East will be a bigger story in the months to come and Paul is as naive as our current president when it comes to dealing with Iran.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:44 PM
here is a link

First Read - Perry gaffe overshadows defiant Cain, Romney scrutiny

I can't believe anyone would still give that campaign any money.

reminds me a lot of George W Bush, he always has.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #440
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Iran's quest for nuclear weapons and political hegemony in the Middle East will be a bigger story in the months to come and Paul is as naive as our current president when it comes to dealing with Iran.
Israel deciding to go it alone and strike Iranian nuclear facilities might throw a very interesting twist into 2012 politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
reminds me a lot of George W Bush, he always has.
Enough americans should love him, then!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #441
The Fly

Local Time: 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
will conservatives please stop pretending he's qualified for the presidency? Nice guy, admirable life story, but please, let's just stop.
Of course he's qualified, just look at his 999 plan.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #442
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
and Paul is as naive as our current president when it comes to dealing with Iran.

bomb, bomb, bomb ... bomb, bomb Iran ...
Old 11-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

and here's the Perry moment. wow.

Watch Rick Perry's Campaign End Before Your Eyes - YouTube

again: wow. humiliating.

and this guy was a GOP star? this guy has been allowed to execute 250+ people? this guy leads the biggest red state in the country?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

it's the front page on Drudge

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

even beat out pedo football coaches
Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #445
Blue Crack Distributor

What, he couldn't even just make one up? Pfft. Amateur.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Palin would wipe him off the stage.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #447
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
What, he couldn't even just make one up? Pfft. Amateur.
Seriously. That's what I thought. You could probably make a halfway-decent argument for just about any of them. That's part of why his answer was so pathetic.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #448
The Fly

Local Time: 01:44 PM
Had he just said that he has a memory lapse instead of trying to dodge/talk his way out of answering the question, it would have been much better. He mentioned later it was the dept. of energy, but it was too late, the damage had been done.

I hate the man, but it was still painful to watch.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

“Princess Nancy.”

Quote:
Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain stumbled, calling former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) “Princess Nancy.”

In response to a question on health-care policy, Cain told the crowd that there was a Republican plan to fix the system, but “Princess Nancy sent it to committee and it stayed there.”

It was a reference to Georgia Republican Rep. Tom Price’s’ (Ga.) health-care bill, known as H.R.3000, which was allegedly shelved when Pelosi was House speaker (when Republicans took control of the House in 2010, Pelosi became the minority leader).

Cain’s campaign tweeted out his debate comments. But Cain himself began to walk his words back as soon as the debate was over. “That was a statement that I probably shouldn’t have made, but I was trying to make a point,” he told CNBC.

Cain got laughter from the debate audience, but many Republicans were not amused.

“She earned that title,” said Reublican strategist Steve Schmidt on MSNBC, referring to Pelosi. “It was contempt [Cain] showed her.”

Former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino concurred on Twitter: “Ay yi yi, former Speaker Pelosi called a princess in the debate? Not fair. We may disagree on policy, but she earned the Speaker title.”

It wasn’t the first time Cain used that insult. On his radio show in 2010, he mocked “Princess Nancy” for pushing through a “$26 billion bailout of teachers.” (Conservative talk show host Sean Hannity has also used the phrase; it isn’t Cain’s creation.)

But Cain, obviously, is on thinner ice since the sexual harassment allegations against him came to light, and calling the former House “princess” is not going to endear him to voters concerned about those accusations.

What's wrong with that boy ?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 AM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Seriously. That's what I thought. You could probably make a halfway-decent argument for just about any of them. That's part of why his answer was so pathetic.
I was stunned that not only did he basically refuse Romney's life raft of the EPA suggestion, once John Harwood smelled blood and asked Perry about what the third agency was, Perry willingly walked back into the framing of the question by once again counting one-by-one with "Education....Commerce....uh...."

Any half decent politician should know how to reframe a difficult question or at least throw up a cloud of bullshit pocket sand and escape. It's not that Perry happened to forget something once on live TV, it's that the accumulated weight of his public appearances suggests he has little talent for on the spot thinking.

The upside of a soulless automaton like Mitt Romney is that he seems competent enough to achieve his objectives.....assuming conservatives trust him enough to give him the keys to power. He wants the presidency bad enough to put in the rehearsal/prep time.