GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:52 PM
Cain campaign considers lawsuit – CNN

I hope they do.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #392
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Why does he hate freedom of speech?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #393
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I understand the politics of it. It was a Democratic year if there ever was one, and they did a good job of portraying McCain as an extension of Bush. Obama was appealing on a personal and emotional level. McCain wasn't at all. I get all that. But considering the problems America was facing, I can't wrap my head around his election.
You understand that McCain was seen as an extension of Bush and still can't understand how Obama was elected?

The 'middle 20%', that decide Presidential elections, pretty much universally thought and still think that the Bush administration was nothing short of an outright disaster. The worst President of our lifetimes and maybe the worst President ever. Although history will save Bush from the latter, there's little question that he's in the running for the former. Especially for those young enough to not remember much of Jimmy Carter. I was 5 years old in Carter's last year in office (1980), so I don't pretend to compare my understanding of Carter to that of everyone that followed. But if we're talking Reagan, HWBush, Clinton, W Bush and Obama, W is the worst, without question.

I say this as someone who supported McCain in the 2000 primary and Hilary Clinton in 2008. I am certainly nothing near a 'Left-wing' apologist but something are more evident than others. Such as the disaster of G W Bush.

But something that very few people around here will admit, I will freely admit. Obama was basically given a free pass by the mass media. Many of them even cheerleading him onto victory. Naivety, I'm afraid, gave us both W Bush and Obama. That said, Obama has made some missteps but any President, Clinton, McCain or otherwise, would be saddled by this terrible economy. The biggest mistake Obama made was choosing healthcare as his first priority and the stimulus plan, rather than trying to convince job-creators to bring jobs back to America. He should have cut the corporate tax rate in his first 90 days.

My criticisms of Obama are a mile long but I also think he's done some good things. And as it appears, there isn't any real alternative to Obama. The most unprincipled man (Romney) to run for President in my lifetime*? No thanks. I'd rather have Obama again, gladly.

*-not considering assholes such as John Edwards, or the morality bullshit, but people with actual ability to become President on their own and are otherwise 'Presidential'. I hope that makes sense. I'm not saying Romney is akin to Edwards, I'm just saying he has no principles, to a drastic extent. And that is something that is very important to me. I can disagree on many issues, fair enough, that is to be expected but I just can't stomach that sort of thing.

Politics is politics and they all do that sort of thing, both sides, but Romney is a new breed of cat when it comes to speaking out of all sides of his mouth. Anyway, we had that conversation in another thread a few weeks back. As I said, I don't think Romney is winning the nomination anyway. And I might be the only one, but we shall see.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
C-SPAN will air the Saturday evening debate between Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain at 8:00 PM.

The Lincoln-Douglas type debate will run 90 minutes and allow more time for substantive answers than any, thus far.
Gingrich-Obama debate. No teleprompters allowed.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #395
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Considering the problems America was facing, maybe the American people didn't want a President who would choose (with little to no vetting done) a second-in-command as clearly unprepared and uninformed about the issues as Sarah Palin, and then appeared to not know how to handle his #2 for the remainder of the campaign?
Instead, the American people picked a former community organizer with alleged ties to known terrorists, who might just have the shortest resume of any previous white house occupant ever
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #396
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
what would you have done differently?
Any number of things. From repealing the job-killing legislation and regulations to opening up energy production to cutting spending and tax reform to consulting people in the business world who have created jobs instead of academics and economists.

The Republicans have passed over a dozen job-centered bills in the past few months. Obama and the Senate could take a look at those, for starters.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #397
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
repealing the job-killing legislation and regulations.
Republicans are nothing if not on party-approved message.

What specifically are these so-called job-killing legislation and regulations?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #398
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2

The Republicans have passed over a dozen job-centered bills in the past few months. Obama and the Senate could take a look at those, for starters.
Are you serious? Have you seen these bills?
Old 11-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #399
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:

Go into the filing cabinet and look behind the death panels.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

I'm guessing 2816 thinks it's good policy for the state of PA to not assess any taxes to the natural gas industry.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #401
ONE
love, blood, life

The wacky book tour continues....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FWxBPaGF9GQ
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

AMI Study Says GIPSA Regulations Will Cost Jobs - Farm Futures

EPA's Proposed Ozone Regulation Could Cost $1 Trillion - Energy Intelligence (usnews.com)

Coal Ash Industry Sees Massive Job Losses If EPA Rules Proceed

A Democrat against labor? Yes, NLRB-Boeing fight hurts N.C. | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

CKE Restaurants' Andy Puzder: Obamacare Kills Job Growth

Do you think the president truly cares about creating jobs over all else? Or does he have more invested in keeping the unions and entities like the EPA happy? Because it can't be both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen these bills?
Yes, and most of them are common-sense ideas that Democrats in the past have expressed approval of. But darn it, supporting any of those wouldn't create the narrative of a useless Congress that Obama plans on running with next year. Oh well. I guess that's more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I'm guessing 2816 thinks it's good policy for the state of PA to not assess any taxes to the natural gas industry.
My evil twin 2816 might, but not me. I don't know the story, but if they're paying NO taxes, then no, I don't approve.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #403
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
I believe I may have been mispronouncing the Koch Bros name for a long time now. You learn something new everyday.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Regulation Nation: Drowning In Rules, Businesses Brace For Cost And Time For Compliance | Fox News

Regulation Nation: As Firms Grow, Regs Follow | Fox News

FNC did a whole week of these, but since it's FNC it must be untrue right?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #405
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
FNC did a whole week of these, but since it's FNC it must be untrue right?
Not untrue at all, just with the faint odour of conservative talking points. Don't be a drama queen, the cable news outlets don't need defending as they are terrible enough as a whole by their own efforts.