GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #286
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
This is true. I forgot for a moment that Washington operates in a reality distortion field, there.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #287
has a

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Did Bachmann dumb her way out of even being considered for VP?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:55 PM
I never thought anyone could make me root for and feel sympathy for Mitt. But Rick Perry and Santorum did. They're both so smarmy and acted like d bags.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
it's really fucking sick of Santorum to feign "wah, i'm being bullied" when another kid killed himself this week because he was out (worse, he had made his own "it gets better" video). Santorum's past statements -- "man on dog" -- and present positions absolutely contribute to a homophobic environment that's hell on kids.

I agree. He should be ashamed of himself and just stfu. He started all those "family faith" comments but he didn't go that far last night. I guess Anderson didn't want to bring it up, or maybe I just missed that part. I didn't see the whole thing.

I highly doubt that he has wanted to commit suicide because of SNL or any other media entity.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Wayne Newton is scary looking, they kept showing him in the audience and he looks like a wax figure. Wow, a Wayne Newton endorsement. She should run with that. He's like John Wayne? John Wayne Newton. I bet he fired the shot heard round the world in New Hampshire

In the spin room after the GOP debate, there was one person to whom everyone turned for his take on who won the night: Wayne Newton.

Yes, "Mr. Las Vegas" himself was in the audience Tuesday night, and he held court before a throng of reporters afterward.

"I thought Gov. Romney handled himself extremely well," Newton said. "He handled himself in a way I would have been proud of if he had been representing our country. I thought some of the other remarks were beneath the dignity of what the debates were about. I think all in all, if I had to pick a winner, it would be Gov. Romney"

Newton told PJTV's Alexis Garcia that the GOP candidates would make a "great showroom act for Las Vegas, if we could get them all together."

According to NBC, Newton came into the debate hoping to support Rick Perry but was turned off by the Texas governor's "mean-spirited" attacks on Romney.

Later in the night, though, he appeared to change his tune again, appearing with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) on Fox News' "On the Record."

With his arm around the Minnesota congresswoman, he told Fox's Greta Van Sustren, "I will support this beautiful lady as long as she wants to go."

“I watched the entire debate, and I don’t have to tell you how proud I was of this lady because not only did she hold her own, but she kind of stood alone and I’m not talking about being female,” Newton said. “I’m talking about the wonderful things and views that she has for America.”

Bachmann was happy to accept Newton's endorsement. "Hey, why not?" she said. "We'll take support everywhere we can, and it doesn't get better. This is a picture of America right here. This is like John Wayne, Wayne Newton, so I'm just thrilled."
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #291
War Child

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I never thought anyone could make me root for and feel sympathy for Mitt. But Rick Perry and Santorum did. They're both so smarmy and acted like d bags.
Poor Mitt. Talking out of all sides of his face and getting called out on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i agree that Romney is heads and shoulders above everyone else on that stage.

what is the right wing's problem with him? why did all of Perry's support go to Cain and not to Romney? what's the resistance? it can't just be Romney-care, can it?

i mean this seriously.
You've asked this before, and I answered it weeks ago. It's because he stands for nothing. He is on all sides of every issue. He has no principles, he is - as far as a large segment of the Rep base is concerned - the worst kind of politician. And it is so apparent - his waffling and 'one size meets all' political contrivances, that even Lefties and Liberals think this guy is being bullied by real conservatives.

And it really, really is that simple. I promise.

He's contrived to stake out a moderate position for Nov 2012.

So what does he believe? Why is he the best of this bunch?
And why would you believe what he's saying?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner El Guapo View Post
You've asked this before, and I answered it weeks ago. [/I]

maybe i didn't find your answer satisfactory enough and wanted to hear from the few conservatives who regularly post in FYM and perhaps also the question is party rhetorical and meant to tease out an anti-Mormon bias amongst the evangelicals who make up a large portion of GOP primary voters.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

I'm aware of how much Mitt talks out of both sides of his face, but those two played right into his hands and made him look like he was being unfairly attacked, even if he wasn't. No finesse, and they still looked like d bags. Those expressions on Santorum's face made me want to punch him. He looked like a weasel. I'm no fan of any of them but that's how it came across.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Perry's attack that went back to a 2007 newspaper article was pretty stupid.
Romney hired a lawn service company, and some of the workers were not legal? When it was brought to his attention he fired the company. That's it?
Makes him unfit to deal with immigration? Really?

As stupid as that is, some of the GOP voters will think it is a real zinger!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder if he had bad dreams about that last night. The good news is, the cake is baked.

Michele Bachmann Says 'Anderson' - YouTube
Old 10-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
I wonder if he had bad dreams about that last night. The good news is, the cake is baked.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Perry is going after Cain supporters (he thinks)

Quote:
“I want to make the tax code so simple that even Timothy Geithner can file his taxes on time,” the governor said.
Perry to Propose a National Flat Tax - NYTimes.com
Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #298
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

will they serve that cake with ice cream?

black walnut ice cream?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Someone left the cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it and I'll never have that recipe again.

I'd like to bake a cake for Anderson, and we could make out in the kitchen while it's baking
Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Creepy

Everyone who's seen Vegas Vacation knows what a charmer Wayne Newton can be, and last night he channeled his charisma toward Michele Bachmann, the Republican presidential candidate and representative from Minnesota.

In a post-debate interview on Fox News' On The Record with Greta Van Susteren, Newton and Bachmann hit it off.

"I will support this beautiful lady as long as she wants to go," Newton said, as he repeatedly caressed Bachmann's arm.

"That's pretty hot," Van Susteren said.

At the end of the clip, Newton moves in for a kiss, which Bachmann adroitly dodges so that it lands on her forehead.

You can watch the video here:

Wayne Newton cuddles with Michele Bachmann on Fox News, kisses her | The Ticket - Yahoo! News