GOP Nominee 2012 - Who Will It Be?, Pt. 2 - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Why is that deserving of a thumbs up? Why the hard-on for making the rich richer?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier

Because, one day, you could win the lottery. And then you'd be rich. And in a society that worships money above all else, you'll then be one of the chosen ones. Then you'll be happy. Keep on praying. That financial deus ex machina is going to swoop in any minute and rapture make you rich.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #138
has a

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
And he allegedly strapped a dog carrier — with the family dog Seamus in it — to the roof of the family station wagon for a twelve hour drive from Boston to Ontario for a family vacation in 1983. It was the 80's and maybe people weren't as enlightened but you don't need to be a member of PETA to be skeeved out by that. The poor dog had an accident all over the car. I can't believe he survived.

I know that has nothing to do with being President but wtf. I still say wtf about that one. As a dog lover and just as a human being.
There's audio of him bragging about that.

I should look for it.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
There's audio of him bragging about that.

There is? Again, wtf?

Poor Seamus-on more than one level
Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Pat Buchanan endorsed Herman Cain's controversial claim that black voters have been "brainwashed" into voting Democratic -- and, on Thursday, he added some very controversial opinions of his own to the mix.

On Wednesday, Cain told CNN that black voters "have been brainwashed into not being open-minded, not even considering a conservative point of view." The comment received a lot of attention, and MSNBC's Martin Bashir asked Buchanan about it on his Thursday show. Buchanan said he wholeheartedly approved.

"I think the African American community has embraced Great Society liberalism which has been devastating for the African American family," he said. "...I admire Herman Cain for standing up and going against, if you will, the conventional wisdom, and being a tough African American businessman."

"Brainwashed?" Bashir said. "That's a fairly strong term."

"I think what he's saying is they bought a lot of liberal propaganda on the liberal plantation and I think he's right!" Buchanan replied staunchly.

"On the liberal plantation. Wow." Bashir said. "That's right," Buchanan said.

Former House Speaker and struggling presidential candidate Newt Gingrich sure has a way with words.

During a campaign event in Iowa Friday, Gingrich dismissed same-sex marriage as a "temporary aberration," reports Jason Clayworth for The Des Moines Register.

That choice of words could also perhaps be used to describe Gingrich's bid for the Republican presidential nomination. Despite being a long-time figure in Republican politics, the GOP hopeful's campaign is reportedly running low on cash and in the past month, he's been forced to compete against former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Texas Governor Rick Perry for media attention.

Gingrich's full remarks on the issue of same-sex marriage, in response to an audience question, are as follows: “I believe that marriage is between a man and woman," he said. "It has been for all of recorded history and I think this is a temporary aberration that will dissipate. I think that it is just fundamentally goes against everything we know.”
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
During a campaign event in Iowa Friday, Gingrich dismissed same-sex marriage as a "temporary aberration," reports Jason Clayworth for The Des Moines Register.

is he talking about SSM, or one of his three marriages?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
one of his three marriages?

I guess that would be a no- even serving divorce papers on his cancer stricken wife.

All kinds of aberrations are allowed in straight marriages-well, just cause they're straight marriages.

And of course any and all aberrations in Newt's marriages were because of his love of country zeal which forced him to have affairs. aka America boners.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Why is that deserving of a thumbs up? Why the hard-on for making the rich richer?
Quote:
and all that means, apparently, is keeping taxes low on rich all people.
Did you not notice I stuck the word rich and replaced it with all?

I want taxes low for everyone. So should you.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Thank You Governor Perry - YouTube

the loose change sound track is a nice touch
Old 09-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

that is Government out of control
killing the environment, giving us all cancer
Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Did you not notice I stuck the word rich and replaced it with all?

I want taxes low for everyone. So should you.
I did notice. My post stands. Why should I want really rich people to pay the same tax rate as me or my even poorer neighbor? What good does that do any of us?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor

The problem is this whole buffett rule is just posturing. It won't accomplish anything. The majority of these big wigs make very little actual "income." The majority of their wealth is in long term investments, which are taxed at a much, much lower rate.

So the country is screaming for a higher income tax rate for the super rich, when the reality is that wont really effect the super rich because the majority of their money is in long term investments.

They won't play around with capital gains tax out of the fear that people will pull their money from the stock market.

So we're fucked.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They won't play around with capital gains tax out of the fear that people will pull their money from the stock market.

So we're fucked.
That isn't their motivation. If it were then Canadians, who are currently in a situation about 20x better than the Americans would not be investing in the stock market at all. 50% of capital gains in Canada are taxable at your respective income tax rate. There are other examples in the world as well.

The real reason is the lobby preventing this.

Just like the lobby preventing the very sensible financial speculation or financial transaction tax, proposed by such communists like Sarkozy and Merkel.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Fair enough... but they still won't touch it, and sell this phony income tax increase instead.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #150
War Child

The only thing that is phony is pretending it's going to solve everything.

We could use an extra 800 billion in tax revenue that was in place the last time the budget was actually balanced. And BEFORE all these Baby Boomers start retiring. And BEFORE we had to finance two wars. And BEFORE bailouts and...you get the idea.

Federal revenues average about 18% (to GDP) over the last 30 years.
It was at 20% when the budget was actually balanced last in FY 2000/2001.
Revenues were lower in 2003 and 2004 than they are now in 2011.
Those Bush tax cuts directly affected/added to the deficit.
The outrageous spending under Obama has quadrupled it.
They are both part of the problem.

The bottom line is, revenues need to be higher than recent historical average (18%) because expenses are going up. We got to 20% under the Clinton rates, we can't get back there without them. There's nothing phony about simple math.

But yeah, the reliance on taxing the rich, as if it is the biggest key to the whole puzzle is phony and political. We need to increase revenues somehow. Cutting spending is also a HUGE piece of the puzzle.

We could be cutting spending NOW if the Democrats weren't using that to leverage those tax cuts...aside from never wanting to cut anything.