GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"But I ascribe honor and dignity to every person, no matter what their background. They have honor and they have dignity.”

really? this is what she said in 2006:

It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say that this is gay. It's anything but gay. ... It leads to the personal enslavement of individuals. Because if you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair, and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous. ... We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.

August 14: Bachmann, Branstad, Murphy, Robinson, Martin, Todd - Meet the Press - Transcripts - msnbc.com

and she and her not-gay husband have profited off of abusive "ex-gay" "therapy." he should be in jail.

honor and dignity? i guess this all falls into line for Michelle -- she knows no facts and believe that slavery was a better period for African-Americans than the Great Society, and that the founding fathers "worked tirelessly" to end slavery.

she's doomed. it's going to be a Perry vs. Romney race. which beautifully pits the base vs. the last remnants of sanity in the GOP.

Imagine Bachmann won the presidency?

Hmph. What a step backward for America. First we elect gay-friendly Obama who got rid of DADT, then we elect someone who's views of homosexuals sound like someone in the 1950s.

One would think Americans are bipolar.

But then again, if the USA chooses whoever the GOP candidate is, it would be like bipolarism. Choosing a leftist for a right-winger. Back and forth, back and forth. No wonder why we're the laughing stock of the world.

Rick Perry in college. He was a cheerleader just like W. He wanted to be a vet but he only had a 2.5 GPA.

AM-Perry_jpg_800x1000_q100.jpg

Agreed. Even people who were straight A students can do very dumb things.

I understand that. I just thought the pictures were amusing as are the parallels to W with the cheerleader and the grades. Not really a big deal. Not everything that's posted here has to be or has to make any sort of important point :shrug:

Bill's getting a bit wacky. I bet he'd like those pics too.

Former president Bill Clinton says that he's "tickled" to see Texas Governor Rick Perry enter the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

The Lone Star State Republican declared his candidacy for president of the United States during a stop in South Carolina over the weekend. The New York Observer reports that Clinton said he "got tickled" by watching the announcement while speaking at a fire fighter’s conference in the Big Apple on Monday. He quipped, "He’s a good looking rascal."

And you're the self-described "pragmatic progressive" !! Imagine what the ideological progressives that take Paul Krugman as gospel are saying.

You'll have to ask them.

I'll take Romney 10 ways 'till Sunday over an idiot Christofascist like Perry.

Heck, I'd sooner convert to Mormonism than start praying for rain as an elected public official.

she's doomed. it's going to be a Perry vs. Romney race. which beautifully pits the base vs. the last remnants of sanity in the GOP.
If the "last remnants of sanity in the GOP" is a flip flopping Mormon there is no sanity left!!!

P.S. Having said that, Perry is way more scary!

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Aug. 16
Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Monday night suggested that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke would be committing an “almost treasonous” act if he were to order the printing of more money.

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I don’t know what y’all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion.”
This is an example of what I meant about him seeming "smalltime." Not because he's criticizing Bernanke of course, quantitative easing is a plenty legitimate topic for criticism, but this way of expressing it makes Perry sound like a caricature and an ugly one at that.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Aug. 16

This is an example of what I meant about him seeming "smalltime." Not because he's criticizing Bernanke of course, quantitative easing is a plenty legitimate topic for criticism, but this way of expressing it makes Perry sound like a caricature and an ugly one at that.

I don't know. I'm worried that his oversimplifications and cowboy talk might catch on with more people in such times of uncertainty. Probably not enough to win, but still... worrying.

Endearing.

The Tea Party set maybe, but I think Rove slamming him on Fox is probably a pretty good barometer of establishment GOP reaction (granted Dubya's camp and Perry's camp have never liked each other). It's just one incident. But his appeal is supposedly predicated on the ability to attract both types.

Last edited:
Endearing.

The Tea Party set maybe, but I think Rove slamming him on Fox is probably a pretty good barometer of establishment GOP reaction (granted Dubya's camp and Perry's camp have never liked each other). It's just one incident. But his appeal is supposedly predicated on the ability to attract both types.

It was a reference to the Palin thread.

I hope you're right, my fear is that Tea Party has so far gained a pretty strong stranglehold on the GOP.

I think you are wrong on this, the more Rove slams Perry the better it is for him. If Rove endorses Romney, it will probably be all over.

I pretty much live and work in GOP circles. And to a person, no one defends W, or holds him in high regard, at this time.

"You don't accuse the chairman of the Federal Reserve of being a traitor to his country. Of being guilty of treason. And, suggesting that we treat him pretty ugly in Texas. You know, that is not, again a presidential statement," - Karl Rove.

did he already self-immolate?

I think you are wrong on this, the more Rove slams Perry the better it is for him. If Rove endorses Romney, it will probably be all over.

I pretty much live and work in GOP circles. And to a person, no one defends W, or holds him in high regard, at this time.

You Sir have hit the nail right on the head - Rove is (and should be) a hated figure to middle america, the worst kind of elitist ( his only real fans are the media and the country club republicans...if that) - the more the bushites bash Perry and endorse Romney the better it will be for Perry!!

I think he might be a wee bit cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Just sayin

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain suggested that impeaching President Barack Obama "would be a great thing to do" on a conference call with bloggers on Tuesday night, Politico reports.

The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza predicted, however, that achieving such a goal would likely prove easier said than done.

"Because the Senate is controlled by Democrats we would never be able to get the Senate first to take up that action, because they simply don’t care what the American public thinks," he said. "They would protect him and they wouldn’t even bring it up," Cain said, citing the administration's position on the Defense of Marriage Act as an impeachable offense."

Comedy gold

SPARTANBURG, S.C. — Elvis blared from loudspeakers as Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann emerged from her campaign bus here Tuesday.

So much in politics is theater and, in theater, music matters. But how can any musical choice that involves The King go wrong?

It only can if — as Bachmann did — you play an Elvis song as a birthday tribute. "Before we get started," Bachmann told her audience, at the Beacon, a local eatery, "let’s say ’happy birthday’ to him."

One teeny-tiny problem: Tuesday was the 34th anniversary of Elvis’ death.

No one who had come to Tuesday’s Bachmann rally cared about the minor gaffe.

After Bachmann dished out some political red meat — and ordered up a burger and fries from the Beacon — she took a few questions from reporters. By then, someone had told her that Tuesday was the anniversary of Elvis’ death — not of his birth.

"As far as we’re concerned, he’s still alive," Bachmann said. "Alive in our hearts."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom