GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #796
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Obama will get reelected because everyone the Republicans will throw up there suck.

Much like how bush got reelected.

Problem is we never realize that both of these parties are run by douchebags who have only their party's well being at heart, not America.

We NEED more options. Otherwise our nation will fail, like every empire before us.

The two party system is an abject failure.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #797
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Obama will get reelected because everyone the Republicans will throw up there suck.

Problem is we never realize that both of these parties are run by douchebags who have only their party's well being at heart, not America.

We NEED more options. Otherwise our nation will fail, like every empire before us.

Absolutely its a failure. America should have multiple parties like Canada, the UK and other countries do.

I'd like to vote for someone who's middle of the road and moderate like me, but there's no money for them!

Its all about who has the money to campaign, and unfortunately there's no centrist party that has the big bucks.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #798
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Very informative and entertaining night. Biggest news of the night...

Newt's back.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #799
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Very informative and entertaining night. Biggest news of the night...

Newt's back.
Has he figured out how to talk to regular people yet / dug up some reserve campaign money from somewhere? So far his "run" has been both baffling, a non-event, bizarre, and yet still interesting.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #800
War Child

A question to liberals: How do you feel about Ron Paul?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #801
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:31 AM
I only watched part of the debate, but from what I saw I'm thinking Bachmann stands to gain the most from it in the short term?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #802
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
A question to liberals: How do you feel about Ron Paul?
Fun and makes some good points but is also not really living in reality and has the tenancy to be your crazy uncle in gov't.

He's the right's Dennis Kucinich.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #803
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Fun and makes some good points but is also not really living in reality and has the tenancy to be your crazy uncle in gov't.

He's the right's Dennis Kucinich.
Interesting, I was under the impression that he would probably be the most acceptable choice in the eyes of the left
Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #804
Blue Crack Supplier

i have been in a vortex all day -- did i hear correctly that Santorum expressed concern for the rights of homosexuals in Iran?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #805
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Interesting, I was under the impression that he would probably be the most acceptable choice in the eyes of the left
I don't speak for the "left".

Paul talks clearly, openly and honestly, without veneer, which is why he will never have a legitimate shot at the presidency.

Just rewatched the debate tonight and Paul speaks honestly on Iran, and then Captain Dipshit jumps all over him with the usual Neocon BS clusterfuck shitstorm as any of the other little puppets on stage would have done (with the exception of Mittens because he is a smooth operator).

Ron Paul is too smart and much too honest to be a Republican in the current party.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #806
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i have been in a vortex all day -- did i hear correctly that Santorum expressed concern for the rights of homosexuals in Iran?
Yes and no.

It was a rather long exchange between him and Ron Paul about Iran.

Ron Paul is against most wars. He said he didn't care if Iran got nukes. He then listed all the countries that had them, that the USSR had them all during the cold war and that we talked to them. He said that we should have dialog with Iran.

Santorum went on a bit of a tirade about how terrible Iran is, the Israelis can not sleep at night because of the fear of attack. Then he listed a whole bunch of Iranian sins, no free press, bad treatment of women, etc, in the list was repression of gays. It sounded kind of funny. But, I am sure if he got a follow up on it, he would have said he does not believe gays should be in jail.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #807
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
I only watched part of the debate, but from what I saw I'm thinking Bachmann stands to gain the most from it in the short term?
I watched it all.

Romney gets the win, came out not bloodied.

Bachmann gets the best bump, came in second. She did not misspeak at all. She seemed reasonable, in that she stood on her principals.

Pawlenty is the biggest loser. He looked bad attacking Bachmann and she more than held her own against him.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #808
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:31 AM
I don't know what was said specifically re Iran, but if it was the full spectrum of standard 'neocon shitstorm' stuff - anyone who suggests any kind of attack on Iran should not be allowed within a mile of the White House. That would be an amazing exercise in self-defeat. One for the All Time Cock Up Hall of Fame, whether it comes from the US or Israel. I hope there's no-one still advocating that.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #809
Blue Crack Addict

The crowd at the GOP primary debate in Ames, Iowa did not appreciate Byron York asking Michele Bachmann about this part of a recent Washington Post profile on Thursday night:

"He is her godly husband," said Peter Bachmann, Dr. Bachmann's oldest brother, who lives on the family dairy farm across the eastern border in Wisconsin. "The husband is to be the head of the wife, according to God." It is a philosophy that Michele Bachmann echoed to congregants of the Living Word Christian Center in 2006, when she stated that she pursued her degree in tax law only because her husband had told her to. "The Lord says: Be submissive, wives. You are to be submissive to your husbands," she said.

When York asked about whether she was submissive, the crowd booed and hissed, loudly.

Bachmann batted it aside. "I respect my husband, he's a wonderful godly man, and we respect each other."
Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #810
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

The U.S. would need to turn into a parliamentary democracy most likely. That generally means a weaker presidency (although France is a notable example of an exception) and the Speaker of the House becomes the "Prime Minister." The nature of the Senate might have to change too, either being abolished or perhaps appointed by state governments.

In other words, the changes required to make this environment favourable might require constitutional amendments that will never get passed in a million years.