GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #721
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Quote:
Daniels OKs bonuses up to $1,000

INDIANAPOLIS | State employees will be paid a bonus of up to $1,000 each for their efforts in helping Indiana amass a $1.2 billion budget surplus.

Gov. Mitch Daniels authorized the one-time payment Friday to recognize employees he said have spent years doing more with less.

"There's not a state in the nation where state employees are more committed to efficiency and care with tax dollars than Indiana," Daniels said.

The "efficiency dividend payment" will be awarded based on each employee's quality assessment on his or her annual evaluation, with workers rated as "meets expectations" receiving $500, "exceeds" $750 and "outstanding" $1,000.

Daniels said about 90 percent of the 24,000 executive branch employees will receive a bonus. Indiana has 28,069 total employees

The bonus payment will cost the state approximately $20 million, but the Republican governor said that's just a fraction of the funds state employees have saved Indiana.

"I just can't tell you how proud I think every citizen should be of what this highly efficient, hardworking group of public servants has been doing the last few years and especially during the very difficult days of the last two years," Daniels said.

State Auditor Tim Berry reported Thursday that Indiana ended its 2011 budget year on June 30 with $1.2 billion in the bank.
How many states can make that claim? Sure could use a little of this in D.C.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #722
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
D.C. has its head way too far up its own ass.

That said, you might want to check in with this chap as to why his party is too busy trying to stonewall and un-elect Obama in 2012 to bother working out substantial spending cuts rather than going after small-time social programs.

Simple plan, Indy: Continue to add weight to the sunk economy under B.O., blame it on him, pin all 2012 hopes on Mittens. Crazy enough to work, I wonder......

Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #723
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
his party is too busy trying to stonewall and un-elect Obama in 2012

what's kind of awesome about McConnell is that he's outright admitted this twice.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #724
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I am not hetero-sexual, but I would love to council young wayward promiscuous girls, 18 years old and up of course. I could hug, and comfort and offer them accommodations and listen to them talk about their sexual desires. Just the decent (Christian)* thing to do.

I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing at this. . .
Old 07-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #725
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Herman Cain's stock continues to drop. Not a good appearance with Chris Wallace this morning.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #726
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Herman Cain's stock continues to drop. Not a good appearance with Chris Wallace this morning.
The rest of us have already known this for months... He knows fast food, and that's about it.

Always at least two steps behind. This must be part of the Tea Party motto...
Old 07-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #727
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Always at least two steps behind. This must be part of the Tea Party motto...
I thought it was two steps backwards, one step forward.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #728
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511

i am gay and my gaydar went PING! or, rather, HAAA-AAAY!

but, in all seriousness, "gaydar" is a kind of subtle thing, and it's not about effeminacy.

it should also come to no surprise that the strongest proponents of the "ex-gay" movement are the ones who most desperately need wish for it to be true.
Butters, where's your accountabilibuddy?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #729
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that's the GOP plan:

nihilism.

let the people suffer. it works for us politically.
No, they're doing their job for once.

Quote:
Opposition (politics)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

Stand in Opposition

In politics, the opposition comprises one or more political parties or other organized groups that are opposed to the government, party or group in political control of a city, region, state or country. The degree of opposition varies according to political conditions - for example, across authoritarian and liberal systems where opposition may be repressed or welcomed.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #730
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
PA would have this if the GOP would allow us to tax natural gas.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #731
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
PA would have this if the GOP would allow us to tax natural gas.
Quote:
Gov. Mitch Daniels authorized the one-time payment Friday to recognize employees he said have spent years doing more with less.

"There's not a state in the nation where state employees are more committed to efficiency and care with tax dollars than Indiana," Daniels said.
Government "doing more with less," not tax increases, gave Indiana its budget surplus.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #732
Blue Crack Addict

In PA, the GOP believes "more with less" to be "let's put the burden on middle class families with college students, and, oh yeah, while we're at it, let's make our public education system much shittier." I can't speak for how Indiana's GOP views it.

Also, I don't mean tax increases, I mean just having a tax on it at all.

PA gives its education system way less support financially than most states in the country, especially higher education.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #733
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
As a former resident of Indiana - I thought Daniels was a great moderate governor. I appreciated his attempts at privatizing public services even if they did not all work out.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #734
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoney! View Post
As a former resident of Indiana - I thought Daniels was a great moderate governor. I appreciated his attempts at privatizing public services even if they did not all work out.
I remember you.
Now if Daniels could just get our F1 Grand Prix back.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #735
Blue Crack Addict

Is that like making out during Schindler's List?

The weekend after the final installment of the Harry Potter films premiered, select theaters around the US debuted Sarah Palin's full length documentary 'The Undefeated' to a nearly empty audience, reports The Atlantic.

As the publication's Conor Friedersdorf found out, a viewing of the film in Orange County, CA included himself, two women (who lasted 20 minutes), and a brief visit from a couple with intentions not pertaining to Palin at all.

"Shortly before the end of the film, a young couple entered, walked to the back row, started making out, then interrupted their session and left (spoiler alert) as Andrew Breitbart, who made one of several guest appearances, started talking about eunuchs. Then I was alone again, working. Instead of researching civil liberties violations, or the war in Libya, or the contest to elect the next president of the United States, I was both a journalist and the only member of the public willfully paying attention to Sarah Palin, as if standing in for the pathologies of my profession."

An article from TIME magazine summarizes the failure succinctly.

"The Undefeated is proving an ironic title choice."

So far the film has received zero user reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

To make matters even worse for Palin, John Wilson, president and founder of the Razzie Awards, told the LA Times in an interview about his interest in the documentary.

"She's the political equivalent of what the Razzies are all about," he said. "And she's hysterically funny if you don't stop and think, 'Oh, my God, she could've been vice president!'"

Palin attempted to squash rumors of her family's discontent over the movie's shortcomings.

"The UK Daily Mail reports that I was 'in tears' as Todd 'rages over Hollywood stars ripping' me in the new film 'The Undefeated,'" she wrote on her Facebook. "Huh? Really?"