GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 PM
go for it, Rick Perry.

just what the Republicans need for the general election -- someone who can charitably be described as "regional."

Old 06-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #617
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Good. Then we can have weekly national prayers for Jesus to fix our economy rather than any real person(s) try.
Do you think that praying people say "Lord, get us out of this mess while we sit back and do nothing?"

That's not how prayer works. We pray that the Lord gives us the wisdom to know how to handle things. If you were a believer, would you turn to God for wisdom, or would you try to do it on your own?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #618
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:44 PM
I think that people that join the Peace Corps do a lot more good than the hoards of people in buildings on Sundays praying for hungry kids.

but back to the GOP candidates

GOP Insiders say Romney was the biggest win – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Mormons and number 1 on Broadway and Romney is cruising to the nomination.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #619
has a

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I think that people that join the Peace Corps do a lot more good than the hoards of people in buildings on Sundays praying for hungry kids.

but back to the GOP candidates

GOP Insiders say Romney was the biggest win – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Mormons and number 1 on Broadway and Romney is cruising to the nomination.
So if American Gigolo was number 1 on Broadway, would that bode well for Gingrich?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #620
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:44 PM
I would rather see Mittens take the nomination over anyone else....though Ron Paul would probably be more interesting and maybe a little more thought provoking.

I just hope he doesn't have to turn to the dark side in order to win.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #621
Blue Crack Supplier

i didn't watch the debate, but the general consensus (read: what i've read on the blogs and in write-ups) seems to be that, much like McCain, he's the only serious general election candidate and the rest are a circus sideshow.

at this point in 2007, i was hopeful that the GOP would nominate McCain and we'd have a serious, adult conversation in 2008.

and those hopes were dashed.

i do think, however, that the GOP has moved to a point where they may not hold a person's religion against him. which is progress for these people. so that's good i suppose.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #622
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:44 PM
I'm hopeful that some point in my lifetime (I'm 32 later this year) that a person's non religion won't be held against them and we can move on from this idea that you must have God on your side to balance a budget or represent people.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #623
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I watched it. Romney was clearly the winner. Gingrich did well but he's always been a sharp guy. Maybe his campaigning could be light years better but just as far as someone who knows the issues, he's good and was good last night. Also Bachman seemed to insert herself as a competent alternative to Sarah Palin. I'd give both of them good marks. Paul was Paul and he's just too detached from reality to take seriously (I say this as someone who leans quite heavily libertarian on a LOT of issues). He's just too 'died in the wool', unelectable.

Cain is what he is as well...which is sort of an 'every-man' (even though he's a rich 'every-man') that speaks common sense...and eventually demonstrates that he doesn't know much beyond that. Santorum is the real deal, he's not a fake, he's a principled 'stuck in 1955' old school Republican. Which means, on a personal level I can respect that he's sincere, but his policy opinion is the worst of any of these candidates. Pawlenty is doomed. An absolute snooze-fest. No balls-at-all. His 'stump speech' ain't bad for the Republican base, he just isn't 'Presidential' in the least (read: 'Presidential' to the Rep base means 'John Wayne archetype').

Whatever else happens, you can take it to the bank - this thing will come down to Romney and (someone). Even if that is Rick Perry or Chris Christie or whomever. Of course, most of us already thought this but if there were any doubt - it is gone.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #624
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Romney is fairly articulate and so far has been shrugging off the religious Right and Tea Party folks.

I wonder how many undecideds he will take with him if Obama polls badly amongst them on job numbers around election time.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #625
Blue Crack Addict

So Romney won? I was watching the Stanley Cup. Let's pump Mitt's tires. I didn't realize it was my job to.

I couldn't care less what his religious beliefs are. I don't even care any more, I don't think anyone can fix the mess we're in.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #626
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Indeed I doubt anyone wants to be the person who has to tell Joe the Plumber that his widget-welding job is obsolete and he needs to retrain for a digital widget solution integration job.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #627
has a

I heard most of the debate on the radio today. The format sucked.

I got whiplash from how fast the group went from "why the hell are we participating in attacking Libya" to "Obama has done nothing to support our allies/He has turned America's back on our international partners."

This is going to be a long year and a half.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Guess he's just trying to be funny, but I forgot to laugh

Romney: 'I'm Also Unemployed' - NYTimes.com

Did anyone see the video of Mitt in a restaurant when he pretended to be goosed by the waitress? I have to find that online. Mitt trying to be funny=painful.

However I don't think we'll ever hear of Mitt sending pics of his weiner to anyone or dirty messaging. Now that could possibly shock me if it ever happened.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #629
Blue Crack Addict

Ok where was diam...at some other place during Mitt's campaign four years ago? He didn't specify male or female.

Shakesville: Huh? Mitt Romney Pretends to Get His Ass Grabbed

Romney says, "Let's see if I can get my arms around everybody," as he lines up with several female waitresses for a photo-op. "Aw, come on—much closer, much closer," he says, squeezing them toward him. Then he exclaims, "Oh!" and jumps forward, as if he's been goosed. He looks at one of the waitresses, who points to another and says, "That was her!"

The video cuts to Romney walking down the street later. A reporter asks him if one of them really grabbed him. He grins and chuckles. "No, no, no. That was just teasing 'em." He laughs and then says it really did happen at some other place during his campaign four years ago. Whut?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 AM   #630
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Mittens Smarmney