GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the rest of his answer to "... do you just let him die?" There were the assholes cheering, and then he said "No ... I was a doctor something something Medicaid" and then it cut off.

This scenario could very easily be someone who didn't choose not to have health care, though. What if it's not "I don't want to spend $200 a month," it's "I can either have health insurance, or feed my kids."

Or what if someone can't get health insurance, because they have pre-existing conditions? And yes, one of the bits of health care reform that's a good thing is that it eliminates pre-existing condition clauses (but does not prevent the carrier from charging an exorbitant price for it, so ....). But the way this is all going, I don't have confidence that all the parts of health care reform that have been put into place will stay in place.

Would there still be people saying "let him die!" if someone couldn't afford it because there are no cost controls in place for the insurance companies? Or if someone had a massive stroke three days before their health insurance kicked in?

I'm not even sure what was his answer. I'm not sure if he agreed with those guys in the crowd. I don't know that they're Ron Paul groupies either, as I'm not sure Ron Paul thinks they should have died.

He really sidestepped the question until the video cut off. Not sure what he said after that.

"No. I practiced medicine before we had Medicaid, in the early 1960s, when I got out of medical school. I practiced at Santa Rosa Hospital in San Antonio, and the churches took care of them. We never turned anybody away from the hospitals. And we've given up on this whole concept that we might take care of ourselves and assume responsibility for ourselves. Our neighbors, our friends, our churches would do it. This whole idea, that's the reason the cost is so high. The cost is so high because they dump it on the government, it becomes a bureaucracy. It becomes special interests. It kowtows to the insurance companies and the drug companies, and then on top of that, you have the inflation. The inflation devalues the dollar, we have lack of competition. There's no competition in medicine. Everybody is protected by licensing. And we should actually legalize alternative health care, allow people to practice what they want."
It still avoids the question, but that was his answer.

Since he was a doctor I certainly hope he doesn't believe the hypothetical guy should die.

So let me get this straight..Obama wants death panels to decide who should live or die and that's all outrageous (even though it's inaccurate but hey he hates old people and let's scare the crap out of them) but it's ok to cheer for the hypothetical death of a hypothetically uninsured person?

How does Bachmann feel about the other required vaccinations? Did she raise holy hell about being ordered to have her kids vaccinated against those other things?

If not, then I'm inclined to believe those who say people are up in arms about the HPV vaccine because they think it will turn their daughters into sluts and whores who will rush out and have all the sex in the world.

Even though you can get HPV without having sex, but never mind those pesky details.

I think it's a good thing. Freaking nearly all the population has HPV anyway.

wish that vaccine existed years ago

Michelle Bachmann: The other day, just the other day, a mother came up to me crying and sobbing saying that the HPV vaccine got her 12 year old pregnant. How can the government be forcing these little innocent 12 and 11 year old girls to get vaccines to get them pregnant? And I have never met this woman before, I don't know her name or her details. I didn't even meet her pregnant child. I can't remember what she looks like, at all. I'm not even sure it wasn't a chimp in a wig, but then you know, this president continues to support Planned Parenthood and their abortion clinics. The next logical step for the elite liberals and the lamestream media is to have this commercial enterprise. The government gets them pregnant and then the government forces them to have Planned Parenthood abortions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom