GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Yes can we not make this another abortion thread?

Sarah Palin, left, posed with celebrity look-alike impersonator Cecilia Thompson during a tour of Boston's North End neighborhood today.

By Michael Levenson and John R. Ellement, Globe Staff

Even as she insisted that she was not trying to undermine Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign announcement today, Sarah Palin sharply criticized Romney’s universal health care law while touring historic sites on Romney’s home turf in Massachusetts

“In my opinion, any mandate coming from government is not a good thing,” Palin told reporters during a visit to the Bunker Hill Monument in Charlestown. The law will be one of the reasons that it “will be a big challenge” for Romney to appeal to Tea Party supporters.

“It’s tough for a lot of us independent Americans to accept [the mandate] because we have great faith in the private sector and our own families and our own business men and women making decisions for ourselves, not any level of government telling us what to do,’’ said Palin, who is a potential challenger to Romney for the Republican presidential nomination.

Earlier today, Palin jokingly tapped her first surrogate of the 2012 campaign – Cecilia Thompson, a Sarah Palin impersonator from the North Shore.

During a stop at the Old North Church in the North End this morning, Palin and Thompson briefly hugged and then the former Alaskan governor told Thompson what to do next.

“Now you go talk to all these reporters,’’ Palin said, laughing. “And you speak for me.’’

The impostor encounter took place as Palin toured the Freedom Trail with her 10-year-old daughter, Piper, her parents – and a contingent of reporters who have been following the potential GOP candidate during her One Nation tour.

At the Old North Church, Palin also encountered a group of fifth-graders from Waltham on a field trip who greeted her like a rock star, offering shouts of “we love you’’ as they jostled to have Palin sign their shirts, hats, or whatever else they could offer.

Palin also offered them signed copies of the US Constitution, which she is handing out to those she crosses paths with today in Boston.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #527
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Yes, cause the private sector of insurance is doing such a great job of taking care of it's customers. But they're making a ton of $$$, so it's best not to mess with capitalism.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
It's not the time or place, we talked about this bill years ago. I'm not going to let you turn yet another thread into this topic.
You and I talked about this bill? I don't remember talking about the bill on here. I may have, but I don't remember it.

This thread is about the GOP candidates. People here are stating reasons they don't like the GOP candidates. I simply stated the main reason I would vote for any of them over their opposition, Obama.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #529
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sU2isBest View Post
You and I talked about this bill? I don't remember talking about the bill on here. I may have, but I don't remember it.

This thread is about the GOP candidates. People here are stating reasons they don't like the GOP candidates. I simply stated the main reason I would vote for any of them over their opposition, Obama.
I think judging anyone based on one issue is dangerous, especially this one.

The majority of Republicans know(or at least should know) it's just a talking point, no Republican will come into office and change our country's law on this. Ask yourself why it didn't happen when Republicans had majority lead? Politicians know there is no legal and practical way to force women to carry full term in certain circumstances therefore it can't be overturned.

If I were you I would try and find a Republican that has a real plan on how to reduce the number of abortions and support them. Otherwise I feel like you might be wasting a vote.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #530
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I know. I'm a lost Libertarian, but I like this guy:

Herman Cain for President
Old 06-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #531
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I know. I'm a lost Libertarian, but I like this guy:

Herman Cain for President
Are you getting paid by his campaign?

This is the third time you've posted his website without any reason for response.

It's starting to look like spam.

So it doesn't bother you that he doesn't know the constitution?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #532
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I think judging anyone based on one issue is dangerous, especially this one.
I'm not judging him based solely on this one issue. But it is my main issue with the man.

Quote:
Ask yourself why it didn't happen when Republicans had majority lead?
I have asked myself this question. I am aware that it's mainly been all talk from these politicians, and it angers me. I actually don't even consider myself a Republican, but a conservative.

There have been a few leaders who have made real effort to combat abortion, but not too many.

Quote:
If I were you I would try and find a Republican that has a real plan on how to reduce the number of abortions and support them. Otherwise I feel like you might be wasting a vote.
I feel my vote is not wasted, because the little they do is better than nothing.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #533
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Fair enough...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #534
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
People here are stating reasons they don't like the GOP candidates.
36 pages and counting of reasons.
Quote:
I simply stated the main reason I would vote for any of them over their opposition, Obama.
And that makes you a salmon swimming up FYM stream.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #535
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

But at least he tries to engage. For that reason he has guts and is for the most part respected around here.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #536
Blue Crack Addict

Abortion is really your main issue, 80s? That's depressing as hell.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #537
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Abortion is really your main issue, 80s? That's depressing as hell.
You're right. Abortion is depressing as hell. And if you thought a fetus is a human life, as prolifers do, you'd agree about the seriousness of it. That's why it is my main issue when casting my vote for president.

But once again, Illinois Senate Bill 1095 wasn't even about abortion.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
But at least he tries to engage. For that reason he has guts and is for the most part respected around here.
But only for the most part.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #539
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
But once again, Illinois Senate Bill 1095 wasn't even about abortion.
You're right, but social conservatives tried to turn it into one.

It was a poorly written bill that doctor's didn't want because it put too much liability in their hands and it neglected giving rights after the resuscitation.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #540
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
You're right, but social conservatives tried to turn it into one.
It was Obama who turned it into an argument about abortion. Obama said he voted against it because it didn't include a clause that stated that it was not referring to unborn babies. But it did include the clause.

Quote:
It was a poorly written bill that doctor's didn't want because it put too much liability in their hands and it neglected giving rights after the resuscitation.
Doctors have liability on their hands every time they perform a procedure. But they have taken an oath to try to save lives. Why would that oath not cover the lives of newborn babies?

What rights did it neglect to give after the resuscitation?