GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:32 PM
SP is getting on a bus and coming to NH I want a SP block on my tv.

Romney announces next Thursday

Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #482
has a

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
SP is getting on a bus and coming to NH I want a SP block on my tv.
That's easy. Just keep it on The Science Channel, The Cartoon Network and Comedy Central.

(See 'cause she's not smart or funny)

Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Or sports-thank God she has nothing to do with that...hopefully

I was watching the finale of DWTS the other night and they showed her in the audience. Soon there will be no escaping it, our long national nightmare is just beginning. Damn it that rapture guy should have been right.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:32 PM
So to recap. We have Pawlenty, Paul, Newt and Cain (a dude who apparently doesn't know the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution) running. Mittens (yes that makes me laugh too), Santorum (lord help us), Bachman and Palin all might be running?

I need popcorn.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #485
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
The 2000s have seen a sizable shift of U.S. politics to the right, though you could argue it began in the 1980s with Regan and his very effective rhetoric against the lower classes and the left, and his support of the excess of the financial sector and banking class.
I think this has been a general trend in the West since the eighties; you certainly see it in Australia and New Zealand too (though our left remains somewhat more functional and prominent). But I don't want to derail this thread too far ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:

Palin’s Path May Be Unclear, but Her Ride Is Revved Up

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR

WASHINGTON — For sheer mastery of celebrity theater, Sarah Palin cannot be beat.

Ms. Palin, the former governor of Alaska, let the anticipation build for hours on Sunday in the Pentagon’s North Parking Lot, where thousands of bikers (and their rumbling Harleys) had gathered for the annual Rolling Thunder rally ahead of Memorial Day.

And then, suddenly, there she was: Ms. Palin, with her husband, Todd, and the rest of the family. Wearing matching black Harley-Davidson helmets, they rode motorcycles toward the front of the procession through a crush of cameramen, photographers, reporters and leather-clad bikers, all jostling for just a peek at the woman who might be president.

A traditional political appearance it was not. She did not make any public remarks or shake hands with dignitaries. There was no news release accompanying her visit. And after the short ride to the National Mall — she rode on the back of a volunteer’s bike — she sped off in a black sport utility vehicle to points unknown to anyone outside her small circle, even to the reporters covering her.

Ms. Palin’s visit here — to start her still-mysterious One Nation bus tour along the East Coast — provided no clarity about whether she will run for the Republican presidential nomination. But it did reinforce the idea that if she does, her campaign will not be conducted in the usual way.

Indeed, the appearance offered a study in contrasts between Ms. Palin and her would-be Republican rivals, who, as she rumbled through Washington clad in black leather, did the things that candidates for president usually do.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:32 PM
Brilliant. Keep it up Sarah!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #488
Blue Crack Supplier

ah yes, Rolling Thunder. i've had to listen to this all weekend. yes, i know it's some sort of veteran thing, but i still find Harleys obnoxious, attention-seeking, deeply uncool things.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

She's super cool
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #490
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

She's super cool
Sitting in an airport a couple of weeks ago I overheard a guy talking about how exciting it was to have Palin on the ticket in 2008.
It was something like, "A hot woman who knows how to shoot a gun? How awesome is that? That makes politics exciting."

He was assuring the guy he was talking to that Obama had his vote this time though.
(For the record, the guy was white with a heavy southern accent, and he was talking to a black man.)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
It was something like, "A hot woman who knows how to shoot a gun? How awesome is that? That makes politics exciting."
It's funny what turns some guys on. Don't know how it makes politics "exciting"- kind of a sad commentary. I thought it was about turning the economy around.

Mitt Romney is not hot, I don't know if he knows how to shoot a gun.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

(AP)WASHINGTON – Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is calling Barack Obama "one of the most ineffective presidents" he's ever seen, and says he can beat him next year.

Romney tells NBC in an interview that while Obama wasn't responsible for the recession he inherited, "he made things worse. He's failed."

Romney also says he thinks Obama lacks "a cogent assessment" of world affairs. The Republican charges, in his words, "The Arab spring came, one of the greatest opportunities we've seen in decades, and we've been flatfooted."

Romney, who plans to formally get into the GOP race later this week, says he doesn't think his Mormon faith will be an obstacle to winning the GOP presidential nod, saying "we're not electing a pastor in chief, we're electing a commander in chief."

Sarah Palin Tells Fox News Reporter She Loves The Smell Of Motorcycle Exhaust

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sarah-pal...cle-emissions/

“OHHH IT WOULD BE A BLAST IF THEY WERE THIS LOUD AND IF THEY SMELLED THIS GOOD. I LOVE THAT SMELL OF THE EMISSIONS.”
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #493
Blue Crack Addict

Talk about media whores. Meeting of the minds?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #494
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Meeting of the minds "reality" stars?

I would love to have been there, oh the entertainment...
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Most of the time his hair is messed up? You just can't believe in anything anymore. But of course the idea of Mittens with bed head is enough to drive any woman wild.

The Atlantic Wire

Mitt Romney Is a Twihard
By Elspeth Reeve May 31, 2011

Mitt Romney is not a stuffy corporate CEO--there's a little part of him that's like a messy-haired teenage girl. "I like the Twilight series. I thought it was fun," Romney said on NBC's Today show Tuesday. Does he like vampires? "I don't like vampires personally, I don't know any but you know my granddaughter was reading it and I thought, well this looks like fun so I read that." He watches American Idol and rooted for Scotty. As for music, the likely presidential candidate named the Beatles, some of the greatest tween icons of all time. "I mean, the Beatles were phenomenal," he said. He has both an iPad and an iPhone (no need for an iPod anymore). And when he's really mad, he might say "damn" or "hell" "from time to time." His wife, Ann, explained that he's not the uptight guy the media has portrayed: "The little glimpses that you get are not really accurate … They don't see him as a casual guy that he is and most of the time his hair really is messed up."

Update: Romney actually met Twilight star Robert Pattinson in 2010 backstage at The View, and, as you can see in this photo from the Boston Globe, the former governor is absolutely melting inside. This tells us two important things about Romney: One, he has not adopted his fandom merely to broaden his appeal on the campaign trail, and two, he is solidly Team Edward.