GOP Nominee 2012 - who will it be? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:36 AM

Seriously Newt? Bill Clinton should have tried that excuse..

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news

Gingrich's 'Passion for the Country' Led Him to Have Affairs

Presidential half-contender Newt Gingrich sat down with the Christian Broadcasting Network to discuss such past indiscretions as cheating on his two previous wives with their eventual successors. And Gingrich, at least "partially," blamed his conduct during these episodes on his love for America. Wait, what?

He tells CBN's David Brody that "there's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."

This should settle the issue for good. He was serving his country so dutifully that he couldn't help but get an America Boner , for which the only antidote was Callista. Are you writing this down, guys?

[via the Washington Post]

Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:36 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...o-kay....

Speaking of tools...

Angela

Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Well at least we know Obama will never cheat on Michelle, since he hates America. *sigh of relief *
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Well at least we know Obama will never cheat on Michelle, since he hates America. *sigh of relief *
True! Very true! Apparently Lady Liberty's temptations aren't strong on all men .

Angela
Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #200
Blue Crack Supplier

i totally think it's valid for a thrice married serial adulterer who dumped his wives while they were sick (cancer, MS) to believe that marriage is only between a men and (healthy, younger, several) women.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i totally think it's valid for a thrice married serial adulterer who dumped his wives while they were sick (cancer, MS) to believe that marriage is only between a men and (healthy, younger, several) women.
I think so too-especially since he was just being patriotic

Huffington Post

In his recently released book, Mike Huckabee invokes "death panels" -- a now-infamous and debunked attack first made by former Alaska governor Sarah Palin in 2009 in criticizing proposed health care reform legislation.

According to Media Matters, the potential presidential candidate writes in A Simple Government: Twelve Things We Really Need from Washington:

Tucked away in the $787 billion stimulus was the establishment of the Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness, which will become our version of Britain's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, the ironically and Orwellian-named NICE. NICE decides who lives and who dies based on age and the cost of treatment. So the stimulus didn't just waste your money; it planted the seeds from which the poisonous tree of death panels will grow.

The former Arkansas governor reportedly goes on to suggest that it is "the most helpless and vulnerable among us" whose care will be rationed -- including the old and the young, as well as those "who don't live politically correct lives" or "have too many cigarettes or cocktails or cans of soda."

According to Huckabee, "'Death by Chocolate' won't just be a cute name on the dessert menu.'"

Huckabee made a stop on his book tour in North Carolina on Tuesday. The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that the possible White House contender was received as "something of a Republican rock star" by the crowd.

As for when Huckabee might be expected to announce whether or not he plans to run in 2012, the former governor reportedly didn't let any details slip on his intentions at the event.

"I am very seriously considering it, and my time frame is this summer to make the decision," he said, according to the Citizen-Times.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #202
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Jeffrey Goldberg (blog), The Atlantic, Mar. 10
Quote:
"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate." -- Newt Gingrich

I didn't want it to happen, of course. No one does. When you take the marriage vows, you take them for life, right? So at first, I suppressed those unwanted feelings. Sure, I noticed her purple mountain majesties as soon as she walked in the room. I mean, who didn't? Believe me, in a sweater, those purple mountains sure were majestic. And her amber waves of grain? I couldn't pry my eyes away. So lush and, well, ambery. What was I to do? Maybe it's because my defenses were down--I was working so hard at the time--that my mind soon wandered to her fruited plains. Bad, bad thoughts! But I just couldn't help myself.

At first, of course, I didn't say a word. I tried to confirm my soul in self-control. Oh, how I tried! And she played it straight, even when she caught me staring at her alabaster cities. But then I succumbed. I succumbed to sin. It was a business trip, of course. What a trip! It took us from the redwood forests all the way to the gulf stream waters. I was working so hard! Did I mention that I was working so very hard?

On that perilous night, when I first lifted my lamp by her golden door, she was dressed in broad stripes and bright stars. I was always a sucker for broad stripes and bright stars. It happened after a long day of exceedingly hard work. Boy, was I tired from all that hard work! She knew I wanted her. And I knew she wanted me. In a flash, our clothes fell to the floor, and she whispered huskily in my ear, "Give me your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free," and before I knew it, I saw that golden valley. Oh, the rockets' red glare! The bombs bursting in air! In that moment of indivisible union, I screamed out, "America, America! God shed His grace on thee!"

I was hopelessly, irretrievably in love. I guess that makes me a sinner. But it also makes me a patriot.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #203
has a

Ass. Hat.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #204
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

nm
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #205
has a

Sorry.

Newt Gingrich seems to treat women very poorly. I feel that makes him an ass. Yet, he goes out of his way to explain his despicable actions. He seems to wear them as proudly as one would a hat.

I feel that makes Newt Gingrich an asshat.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
Newt Gingrich seems to treat women very poorly.

so does the Republican party.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie

"Newt Gingrich seems to treat women very poorly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
so does the Republican party.

Please post some facts to back your statement.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:36 PM
Here's a site just for you!

Republicans Hate Women

That appears to be a work in progress. But here's a collection of reasons why some people might come to this conclusion. Complete with sources listed!

http://agentlemansview.com/2011/03/0...we-hate-women/

Reading is fun. CLAP CLAP CLAP
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #209
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
"Newt Gingrich and the Republican party seem to treat women very poorly."

Minnesota GOP: Equal pay for women is “unnecessary and costly” | Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
Quote:
Twenty-two Republican state legislators in Minnesota have apparently decided that equal enough should be good enough for women who hope to be paid fairly in that state.

At least, that’s the message they’re sending through their drive to repeal Minnesota’s landmark 1984 fair pay law, the Local Government Pay Equity Act (LGPEA), which requires local governments to track and report every three years on the pay of their employees. That data is then used to ensure that systemic pay discrimination against women does not occur. The GOP’s plan to repeal LGPEA was quietly tucked within a larger bill sponsored by the legislators.
No need for equal pay if you're barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Please read and respond to facts listed by multiple posters above.