good job Steve Jobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
With all the sad, terrible things in this world it's nice to read stories like this:

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs personally called the family of a 15-year-old New Yorker to offer his condolences after the teenager was killed last week during a fight over an iPod, according to a report published Wednesday.

I read about that a couple of days ago, here's the rest of the article

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs personally called the family of a 15-year-old New Yorker to offer his condolences after the teenager was killed last week during a fight over an iPod, according to a report published Wednesday.

The New York Times reported that Jobs and the victim's father, Errol Rose, spoke for a few minutes earlier this week after Jobs' assistant called the paper asking for Rose's telephone number.

"Some people talk to you like they're something remote. He was so familiar. After every word, he paused, as if each word he said came from his heart," Rose told the Times.

Calling him by his first name, Jobs asked how Rose was doing and conveyed his sympathies, the report said.

"He told me that he understood my pain. He told me that if there is anything -- anything -- anything he can do, to not be afraid to call him. It really lightened me a bit," Rose told the newspaper.

Christopher Rose was killed Saturday in Brooklyn after Rose and three friends were confronted by a group of teenagers who allegedly demanded that Rose give them his iPod. Rose was stabbed twice in the chest after he apparently resisted.

Apart from the iPod, the boys who attacked stole tennis shoes and a cell phone, the report said, citing police statements.

The Times said that a spokesman for Jobs declined to comment on the phone call, which reportedly took place Tuesday.

"We live in a world which is changing rapidly," Rose told the newspaper.

"We have the technology that can give us the iPod and everything else, but it's not all these things. We have to work on the minds and the hearts."

He was also quoted as saying: "We're failing these kids. We're not loving them the way we're supposed to."

these stories are always the oddest...on the one hand you have idiots ripping a child from their family, destroying and ignoring the sanctity of life, whereas on the other hand you have a huge megloCEOatic who reaches for the heard

XHendrix24 said:
THEY KILLED THE KID OVER AN IPOD?!?!??! :mad:

Anyway, hats off to Mr. Jobs. Very nice thing to do. :up:

Years ago, kids would kill each other for their shoes (when $100+ Air Jordans were the rage).

A nice gesture by Mr. Jobs.

Back
Top Bottom