Gonzales Resigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting, Joe Scarborough said he was "shot up, but most of the wounds were self inflicted."

It's about time. He should have done this long ago (actually he did submit a resignation a long time ago but Bush refused to take it :angry: )

This administration is a complete embarrassment. Good thing he resigned, although the damage has already been done.

The rumor is that idiot Chertoff will be the replacement. Fantastic.

President Bush on Monday called Gonzales "a man of integrity, decency and principle" and said he "reluctantly" accepted his resignation. Bush also decried the months of "unfair treatment" Gonzales has received.

"It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeded form doing important work because his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons."

These cocksuckers are getting off easy. If there was any justice, we'd build gallows in front of the Jefferson Memorial, string these traitors up and leave them hanging there as a warning to all publicly elected officials to follow that this will never be tolerated again. :mad:

Of course this isn't going to happen, so we're destined to relive this same thing over again in 4, 8, 12 years.

:(

hardyharhar said:
These cocksuckers are getting off easy. If there was any justice, we'd build gallows in front of the Jefferson Memorial, string these traitors up and leave them hanging there as a warning to all publicly elected officials to follow that this will never be tolerated again. :mad:

:(

what is good for one co-conspirator
should be good for the others :shrug:

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

anitram said:

Skeletor?

Oh good :| .

"It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeded form doing important work because his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons."

You know, maybe if he could have come up with something better that "I don't recall" he would still be here. If you're going to hire a lying douchebag, at least he should be good at lying.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

You know, maybe if he could have come up with something better that "I don't recall" he would still be here. If you're going to hire a lying douchebag, at least he should be good at lying.

Maybe he just really likes that Peter Gabriel song -- you know, the "I dont remember, I dont recall/I got no memory of anything/Anything at all" one.

:wink:

Yeah Gonzales was "impeded" from further shitting on the constitution.

anitram said:
This administration is a complete embarrassment. Good thing he resigned, although the damage has already been done.

Must be tough when you start running out of incompetent corrupt cronies to give high paying jobs to :mad:

I guess Bush & Co. finally came to their senses and realized Gonzalez was helping the opposition by being such an all around dumbass. That Bush cites him as a man of "decency, integrity and principle" and "talented and honorable" is so astronomically stupid even die-hard neocons should be shocked. There's not even the smallest iota of honor in breaking the law and doing everything you can to shirk the responsibility and appropriate consequences for it. And that's not even taking into account that he is supposed to represent the ultimate figure in American law.

I think Bush needs to look up that word 'integrity' before throwing it around so carelessly.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." :wink:

anitram said:
Yeah Gonzales was "impeded" from further shitting on the constitution.

You know
I have listened to this on the radio a few times
and I did tivo it and played it back
(with closed caption, too)

Bush said "It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeding

Yes, Gonzales has been impeding
on behalf of the President
and it is sad.

but maybe this was why Gonzales was picked in the first place.

we bring in Fredo, he fires a bunch of people, and when people start to say, "wtf," he plays dumb (and so convincingly!), and then he gets canned and goes back to Texas. an actual qualified AG candidate would object to being used as such an obvious political tool used in such a blunt fashion. but not Fredo.

mission accomplished.

Irvine511 said:
but maybe this was why Gonzales was picked in the first place.

we bring in Fredo, he fires a bunch of people, and when people start to say, "wtf," he plays dumb (and so convincingly!), and then he gets canned and goes back to Texas. an actual qualified AG candidate would object to being used as such an obvious political tool used in such a blunt fashion. but not Fredo.

mission accomplished.

I was not a big fan of Ashcroft
but, at least he had some principles

This guy Gozales, is just a flat out liar.

Back
Top Bottom