Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2004, 11:13 AM   #16
Refugee
 
LoveTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 1,359
Local Time: 03:03 AM
nbc, lemme say that I like debating these issues with you. I only get irked when you pull off one of your famous one-liners. I admit that I've been guilty of that too though
__________________

__________________
LoveTown is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 11:03 PM
I'm glad we can enjoy the debate for what it is. Always glad to see your posts.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #18
Refugee
 
LoveTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 1,359
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I'm glad we can enjoy the debate for what it is. Always glad to see your posts.
I feel the same way
__________________
LoveTown is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 03:19 PM   #19
New Yorker
 
sharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,637
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Ah, that's right when he shot the fleeing kid in the loin cloth in the back

Yes, and when he touted his home movie camera around reshooting his dramatized reenactments of his version of events, much to the chagrin of his fellow soilders.

Then using these " self made reenactment home-made movies" at DNC national convention, 30 years later.

War Hero..hmmm.
Because it was soooooo much harder for Bush to defend Texas from what? The Mexicans? Were the Mexicans attacking us? Wow, then thank gawd Bush showed up for duty in the national guard and flew all those years -- except the years he didn't fly because supervisors took away his flying privledges. Oh, and the time he never showed up for his physical. Oh, and the time he never showed up in Alabama for duty or Massachusetts for duty. But other than that.......Go America! Beat the crap out of Mexico!
__________________
sharky is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM   #20
Acrobat
 
Ft. Worth Frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 390
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Wow, I am sure those statements just made all the weekend warriors happy. They must be thinking "Wow, is my service that worthless". Personally, I am sick of the debate from both sides. Nam was 35 years ago when both men were young and things can change over time, right?
__________________
Ft. Worth Frog is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ft. Worth Frog
weekend warriors

were lied to and betrayed by this comander in cheif

and now "weekend warriors" ARE being back door drafted with the stroke of a pen-
requiring them to serve up to an extra year "nation building" and some going home in boxes and thier mothers are told they CAN NOT be there to meet the plane.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharky
Because it was soooooo much harder for Bush to defend Texas from what? The Mexicans? Were the Mexicans attacking us? Wow, then thank gawd Bush showed up for duty in the national guard and flew all those years -- except the years he didn't fly because supervisors took away his flying privledges. Oh, and the time he never showed up for his physical. Oh, and the time he never showed up in Alabama for duty or Massachusetts for duty. But other than that.......Go America! Beat the crap out of Mexico!
Is the quality of Kerry's service only relative to GWB?

One of the primary issues raised by the Swift Vets is that Kerry overstated or fabricated his service.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader




One of the primary issues raised by the Swift Vets is that Kerry overstated or fabricated his service.
but,

aren't they just full of crap.


“Ba Thanh, the man who has been dismissed by Kerry's detractors as "a lone, wounded, fleeing, young Vietcong in a loincloth." (The description comes from "Unfit for Command," by Swift boat veteran John O'Neill.)

"No, this is not correct," Nguyen Thi Tuoi, 77, told ABC News. "He wore a black pajama. He was strong. He was big and strong. He was about 26 or 27."
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 05:03 PM
When you are relying on your enemy to help defend you you know that you are in trouble. Kerry served his country and I think that people should respect that, but his actions when he got back with VVAW are despicable and I think that the SBV have earned the right to be heared.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:21 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
When you are relying on your enemy to help defend you you know that you are in trouble. Kerry served his country and I think that people should respect that, but his actions when he got back with VVAW are despicable and I think that the SBV have earned the right to be heared.
If you watch the film, they play audio clips of Nixon and members of the administration, discussing how they "trained" the original SBV members for what to say on TV, etc. It's kind of disturbing.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,861
Local Time: 07:03 AM
I find hilarious that he went back and shot home movie versions of himself saving people.

"hey guys I'm almost done with my rescue films. Then you can see what a great hero I am!!!"
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 10-19-2004, 07:55 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780
I find hilarious that he went back and shot home movie versions of himself saving people.

"hey guys I'm almost done with my rescue films. Then you can see what a great hero I am!!!"
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com