"God-blessed martyrdom-seeking mission." - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Yeah, f***ing suicide bombers. What the hell do you expect? Sure I think they are bastards. It is very disturbing, personally, that you seem to assume I am not against them. "An attempt at deflecting responsibility" - great. But whatever.
What is disturbing is that I have reread what I wrote ten times. I never once said anything remotely close to anything along the lines of you supporting suicide bombers. I point out, that thread after thread you attack BUSH even on a thread like this where the deeper issue is these deeply religious people are leaving their families to die because they believe that there is a place in heaven for them for doing this. It is appalling to me reading about the Egyptian man willing to do this without telling his family that he left to join up.

Quote:

Nope, I donīt think France Germany and Russia have contributed big time to f***ing the situation up. Sure, its all in their economic self interest. But at least they favor a peaceful diplomatic situation.
On this I believe you are wrong. 100%. Peace after 12 years of this TYRANT continuing to hurt his people is wrong. Peace when he clearly is not disarming is wrong. THe fact that these three members of the security council will benefit is wrong. The fact that they have contributed to his ability to violate the resolutions is wrong.

Quote:

Back to the suicide bombers. I hope theyīll not do dirty bombs. No doubt that Saddam and the a** of a suicide bomber are responsible.
I agree with this too.

Quote:
No doubt that your President likes the limbo, though. Hell, what should I expect of a man who launches a pre emptive attack? Who, before of being elected, favoured death penalty and still does? Who has failed to implement decent gun control laws? Who digs getting a mental orgasm over Star Wars? Its all bloody, bloody, his hands are full of blood.

Wow, many of the things you are so upset about, many people here in the United States, decent hard working honest peace loving people believe in exactly the opposite. I guess we all must be evil too.

But back to topic. Thanks for at least including something about suicide attackers. Oh, and the deflecting thing, that to me is the fact that you would rather attack BUsh than point out things Saddam has done. That is what that is about.

Peace

Old 03-11-2003, 08:01 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Wow, many of the things you are so upset about, many people here in the United States, decent hard working honest peace loving people believe in exactly the opposite. I guess we all must be evil too.

But back to topic. Thanks for at least including something about suicide attackers. Oh, and the deflecting thing, that to me is the fact that you would rather attack BUsh than point out things Saddam has done. That is what that is about.

Peace
Your guess is wrong. I donīt use the same language like you. I have never said Bush is evil, nor that any American or any person in the whole world is or was evil. This kind of language belongs in the Middle Age, and I consider myself to be more modern.

You didnīt answer on the fear thing, which imo has to do with this thread too, bc its natural to have fear of suicide bombers. Why do many decent hard working honest peace loving Americans have so much fear? F.e. of planes, plain planes, flying around? Maybe of strange looking people with beards, too. And what does the current President and his administration do against that?

Why should I point out things Saddam has done? Apart from all the media being full of that - too -, are there many Iraqi citizens with who I can discuss on this Message Board? I donīt think so. If I had to discuss about Saddam, I would favor the Iraqi opposition movement to talk to.

But on this message board there are many Americans. So me, for freeing my mind and learning something I favor to speak about American issues with them. We can talk about European issues as well. But the possibility that you provide new facts to me what Saddam has done wrong (and there are lots of things I despise him for, and his hands are full of blood) are relatively slim, compared to the possibilities of learning new things about American positions, and of the possibility of probably contributing alternative viewpoints for Americans.

Peace? Yeah peace to you, peace to me, but war all around us.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:27 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 AM
I think it's strange that the Iraqi opposition has been so low-profile. I haven't heard of many of them. Maybe I'm not watching enough news. They are giving Americans and Europeans and choice Middle Easterners like Saddam and Arafat coverage, but where in the heck is Joe Q. Iraqi? Weird. I'd like to see some of these people interviewed.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:30 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Not that I wish to defend Iraq, but what do you expect? It isn't like Iraq has large bombs to drop, like the MOAB. Do we expect a defenseless war?

Here's something from "The Onion" :

Bush Orders Iraq To Disarm Before Start Of War

WASHINGTON, DC—Maintaining his hardline stance against Saddam Hussein, President Bush ordered Iraq to fully dismantle its military before the U.S. begins its invasion next week. "U.S. intelligence confirms that, even as we speak, Saddam is preparing tanks and guns and other weapons of deadly force for use in our upcoming war against him," Bush said Sunday during his weekly radio address. "This madman has every intention of firing back at our troops when we attack his country." Bush warned the Iraqi dictator to "lay down [his] weapons and enter battle unarmed, or suffer the consequences."

Melon
Old 03-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Egads. That'll make for a weird "war", that's for sure. They're also negotiating with Iraqis not to fight.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:00 PM   #21
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 01:33 AM
melon:

*rotfl* great one
Old 03-14-2003, 05:25 AM   #22
War Child

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

What does Bush do for his fellow countrymen except of rising the fear by using his huge propaganda machine? Dreadsox... listen... I am talking to Americans who say they have fear every time they see a plane up in the sky. What kind of freaking horror world are you living in? Yes, there was 9/11, but is that a reason to always fear, fear, fear? And what does Bush do against the fear? Does he try to help American citizens by saying "Well, folks we live in hard times, its a dangerous world, but its gonna be alright, donīt worry"? No. The very contrary. He pumps up the fear. He wants his nation to live in fear, in my humble opinion, so he can get away with everything he does. He ruins original American values by implemeting the so-called Patriot Act. Et cetera.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Every time the Pres. speaks to the nation about US security he speaks of "Being vigiliant, but live your lives normally." While I'm not exactly sure what this means, he does NOT turn up the "fear, fear, fear", as you put it.

The Patriot Act may or may not be excessive. It does allow for the tracking of would be terrorists' financial activities. Does it do more than that? Probably. Does it infringe upon my rights as an American per the framers of the Constitution? Maybe, but I can't say I'm concerned about that. I'll let the criminals sweat that one out. I'll trade in a few minor "freedoms" for a little more domestic security.

The thing is, domestic terrorism is still a new thing here in the States. Our leadership will make A LOT of mistakes before homeland security is anything close to perfect. GWB is the first US president forced to really deal with this issue. To say that he is uncaring or "doesn't give a shit" is an uninformed comment, to put it diplomatically.

Nope, I donīt think France Germany and Russia have contributed big time to f***ing the situation up. Sure, its all in their economic self interest. But at least they favor a peaceful diplomatic situation.

More like they favor status quo... Any bets on what the UN vote would look like if these three "peace loving countries" were offered unconditional control of Iraqi oil reserves after Saddam was given the boot?

Hell, what should I expect of a man who launches a pre emptive attack?
He hasn't. He's threatened to do so if Iraq does not disarm.

Who, before of being elected, favoured death penalty and still does?

So do I. But what does that have to do with anything? The death penalty is reserved for murderers, who deserve a little of their own medicine.

Who has failed to implement decent gun control laws?
For the record, Clinton didn't do anything earth shattering on this issue in his 8 years either. In truth, we have solid gun control laws, they just aren't inforced well. Something about overcrowded courts and prisons.....

Who digs getting a mental orgasm over Star Wars? Its all bloody, bloody, his hands are full of blood.

blah blah blah
Old 03-14-2003, 06:38 AM   #23
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:33 AM
Ok. Guys, go have a coffee or something.
This forum was set especially for War, Iraq and G.W. A whole forum dedicated to the topic. Whole threads can be dedicated to really specific things, as in this case of suicide bombers. Please stick to the topic or it will be closed. Continue arguing and we can start warnings. Please keep cool guys.
To quote Dreadsox, this thread is about:
"...the [deeper] issue is these deeply religious people are leaving their families to die because they believe that there is a place in heaven for them for doing this."

Please stick to it.
Thankyou.