GOD BLESS DAVID LETTERMAN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
Did anyone watch Late Show last night? (Monday).

It was Dave's first night back and he handled himself in the most dignified and caring way that I have ever seen him (well, since his first night back from heart surgery)

He spoke from the heart for about the first ten minutes about the WTC and New York, and Mayor Giuliani. His was AWESOME. I had been feeling really bad about what seems to be our bleak future (Thanks to the Networks running these news programs where they basically portray the Islamic Fundimentalist movement as UNSTOPPABLE. If you listen to the news analysts... WE ARE ALREADY DEAD).

He came on and was really choking up, and I have to admit, he made me cry like a baby.
THEN, Dan Rather comes on, speaks eloquently, and HE chokes up twice.
It was very sad... but yet, comforting.

I felt better afterward.

America cares, dammit.

We care... We will stay united... We will trust in God.

Peace

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Originally posted by Trash Can:

He came on and was really choking up, and I have to admit, he made me cry like a baby.
THEN, Dan Rather comes on, speaks eloquently, and HE chokes up twice.

I felt better afterward.

I've found myself crying at the most unexpected times in the last week, but you're right Trash, it feels a little better afterward.

I missed the beginning of that show, but a kind interferencer on the west coast taped it for me.
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see it!!

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up.
That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Trash Can,

I was moved to tears as well. What an incredible show last night. It was actually very inspiring!

By the way, Trash Can, I usually just read the forum, but never post. I've really appreciated how straight forward you have been in the past several days with your opinions (Especially with regards to the Foray post). I am really tired of peoples opinions about how "America asked for this" and "America needs to fight the war this way or that way". Suddenly, everyone is the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S.

I can almost guarantee you that if they had seen David Letterman's show last night, they would have a completely different view.

Anyway, thanks for standing up for what's REALLY right... I am in full agreement with you.

Slaney

----------------------------

"I have a brother when I'm a brother in need. I spend my whole time running. He spends his running after me."

Oops...I just posted a thread in Lemonade Stand on this same topic - shoulda come here first. But I entirely agree - that was the most moving speech on this tragedy that I have seen so far - he definitely had me choked up.

Clip of Opening Monologue - Click on the Big Show Highlight

I saw this last night here in Australia (Wed night our time) and I was very impressed at what Dave had to say, as it is on very late at night I fell asleep and only got to see his opening monologue, but I think that was enough
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom