Go Obama!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously think he is doing a great job. I don't think I've seen a President work harder. I'm a supporter, higher taxes or not.

Yay!

I still feel like I'm in a dream sometimes. We have an honest, thoughtful president that interacts regularly with the American people, and is genuinely doing his best to stay connected to the world around him. Novel. He's accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years.

He's accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years.

Not even close. The more substantial and beneficial accomplishments usually take much longer than that. Its early and Obama is still far behind other Presidents as he should be after less than 3 months in office when it comes to accomplishments.

Not even close. The more substantial and beneficial accomplishments usually take much longer than that. Its early and Obama is still far behind other Presidents as he should be after less than 3 months in office when it comes to accomplishments.

I agree the statement was hyperbole, but your response is completely off as well.

Obama is far behind where he should be? Really, where should he be?

In the past couple of months, Obama certainly has taken more steps I approve of than Bush has in eight years. :up:

If by "accomplish" we're using a definition that means 'ruining everything one touches' than yes, Bush was far more "accomplished". If we're using the definition that means making careful, logical, and rational decisions that will actually benefit our country and the rest of the world, then, yes, Obama has already accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years. I don't recall W. ever making one of those.

The handling of Afghanistan and disruption of Al Quaida is one of those tactical things of beauty that people are willing to ignore just because they don't agree with Iraq. But, a hell of an accomplishment nonetheless.

The handling of Afghanistan and disruption of Al Quaida is one of those tactical things of beauty that people are willing to ignore just because they don't agree with Iraq. But, a hell of an accomplishment nonetheless.

Your definition of 'beauty' is different from most. Even most Bush apologizers wouldn't go that far...:shrug:

OMG, SO CUTE M I RITE!?!?!

66-puppy0412.ART_GT7E5TTC.1+Bo2.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

*dies*

If by "accomplish" we're using a definition that means 'ruining everything one touches' than yes, Bush was far more "accomplished". If we're using the definition that means making careful, logical, and rational decisions that will actually benefit our country and the rest of the world, then, yes, Obama has already accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years. I don't recall W. ever making one of those.

Before Bush came into office, it was the stated policy of this country to remove Saddam from power. Bush accomplished that thereby enhancing US security in the vital Persian Gulf in a way that no other President before him had ever done.

Prior to the Bush administration, it had been the policy of the United States to combat Al Quada around the globe. During Bush's 8 years, Bush moved this policy foward and fought terrorism like no other President had in history. The Taliban was removed from power in Afghanistan and thousands of Al Quada terrorist were captured are killed all across the globe. Just compare what the United States successfully did in this area over the past 8 years compared to the Clinton years.

On the Economy, for most of the last 8 years, the United States experienced some of the lowest unemployment and poverty rates in its history. Low inflation. Strong GDP growth, and a better average debt to GDP ratio than the Clinton years.

Your definition of 'beauty' is different from most. Even most Bush apologizers wouldn't go that far...:shrug:

In the coming years, will see a much more positive and objective assessment about Bush even from Democrats and liberals. In some ways, Obama is already moving away from some of his often repeated campaign statements.

In the coming years, will see a much more positive and objective assessment about Bush even from Democrats and liberals. In some ways, Obama is already moving away from some of his often repeated campaign statements.

I doubt it. I've already seen a lot of Republicans actually turn on him, the am talk guys are, some of his biggest supporters in my personal life I've seen turn on him. But you are right, most president's approval do get a little more favorable with time, I'm just not sure his will rise as much as others.

:wink:

They are awfully cute, but this is one of those breeds that's notorious for having a fanatical work drive which can lead to endless destructiveness if you don't keep them occupied, so, hope they plan to hire an official White House dogsitter-trainer or something.

Not that you and Memphis were necessarily considering this particular breed to round out the future household... :shifty:

Hopefully wherever they got the dog doesn't receive death threats like the breeder of the Bidens dog. Animal nutters. :down:

Not that you and Memphis were necessarily considering this particular breed to round out the future household... :shifty:

we want one. not necessarily this breed, given our work schedules -- we'll need a dog that can be alone, at least until i can write from home a majority of the work week -- but a dog is absolutely a part of the medium term future once we get out of our prison-like but pleasantly affordable and close-to-the-Metro apartment.

we actually had dinner here on saturday: Lost Dog Cafe and Gourmet Pizza Deli in Arlington, Virginia

The president did well with the pirate deal. He allowed the military to use their discretion, and kept quiet publicly until the job was done.

And thanks to the SEALs we have one more brave American coming home alive. And a New Englander at that :up:

The president did well with the pirate deal. He allowed the military to use their discretion, and kept quiet publicly until the job was done.

And thanks to the SEALs we have one more brave American coming home alive. And a New Englander at that :up:

:up:

can we go so far as to congratulate the French as well?

:uhoh:

:wink:

Let the guilt begin.

Article - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON (AFP)--The Somali pirates who took a U.S. merchant captain hostage for five days were heavily armed but inexperienced youths, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Monday, adding that the hijackers were 17 to 19.

Let the guilt begin.

Article - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON (AFP)--The Somali pirates who took a U.S. merchant captain hostage for five days were heavily armed but inexperienced youths, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Monday, adding that the hijackers were 17 to 19.

and mature people read that -- mature people like the Bush holdover Gates -- and realize that it's the ages at which young men are recruited and heavily armed with no training that's part of the greater tragedy at hand here in the Horn of Africa, and in parts of the rest of the world. in no way does it detract from the necessity of the mission at hand, it simply illuminates, in a tragic way, the enormity of the problem that exists.

but go ahead and create a whining "liberal" straw man. because that's all many have left these days. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom