Go Obama!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Clinton was smart enough to adopt conservative fiscal policies.

<>

Clinton was working with a Republican congress. And to the credit of both sides, they were able to deal.

We have a different situation today, I think.

Clinton was working with a Republican congress. And to the credit of both sides, they were able to deal.

We have a different situation today, I think.

My point exactly.

GHB was tricked into raising taxes by the Dems then they exoricated him for it, and it caused a recession.

Clinton came to office and even though he had character flaws he listened to Republicans and co opted ideas and we had a great economy- and the stock market did not tank.

<>

Anyone who blames Obama for this is first of all clueless about economic trends, and secondly more than likely a hypocrite.

Most that are blaming Obama for this are the same folks that would defend Bush's economic downturns by saying, "well actually at the end of Clinton's term the economy started to dip so actually Bush inherited this... and don't lie I know which of you used this in here many times. It's true as soon as Clinton became a lame duck president things started to dip, it's a pretty common trend.

So tack that trend onto the already failing economy that Bush truly did give to us and we have what we have today...

GHB was tricked into raising taxes by the Dems then they exoricated him for it, and it caused a recession.

Clinton came to office and even though he had character flaws he listened to Republicans and co opted ideas and we had a great economy- and the stock market did not tank.

<>

this is an amazing post. thank you, diamond.

Senator O is in so far over his head, he makes GW look like a genius.

How come Barry always has to have 2-3 staffers standing next to him at press conferences?

Can't handle the heat?
<>

Well my eyes are tired so maybe I missed it, but I didn't see WSJ anywhere there

Oh there's something missing, alright.

The vast majority of Americans, 84%, think the current economic conditions were inherited and not caused by President Barack Obama, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll to be released today.

What about what President Obama inherited from W? And what exactly was the "mess" that W inherited?

Funny how the Rs were still blaming Clinton for Bush's disaster as late as 07, but 40 days into his term it's all Obama's fault. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't make this stuff up!!

The economy was already dropping before 9/11 and Reps were blaming Clinton, that's what the poster was talking about... but nice try.

I think the mess W inherited had something to do with towers falling down.

I'm talking about the economy under Clinton and the SURPLUS W inherited. The largest federal surplus in American history, if memory serves right-maybe I'm wrong about that, you can Google it. It has zero to do with the towers. That's what I was talking about. Don't want to post my name but it's nice to meet you.

So he dropped the economy and the towers? I guess he was only good at keeping one thing up.

What are you talking about? Who mentioned anything about him dropping the towers? The only point being made was that pre-9/11 the economy started to drop and Republicans often state that he inherited that from Clinton, and everything after that was 9/11's fault. This way Bush had no fault what so ever.

But the truth is the economy did start to drop during Clinton's watch but only while he was a lame duck president mostly after Bush was already elected. So folks like Diamond, can't have it both ways. Plus that drop was small and after a surplus, not a "crash" after years of defecit spending like Obama is inheriting...

Now post 9/11 is an entirely different story but even those within Bush's administration have admitted that encouraging people to go out and shop like nothing happened wasn't exactly the most sound economic advice.

I was talking about the Towers because that's my biggest beef with Clinton. Inaction against threats during his time in office.

I don't want to post my name either but it's Wes. Nice to meet ya.

I was talking about the Towers because that's my biggest beef with Clinton. Inaction against threats during his time in office.

Well that pretty much has nil to do with this thread...

And to be honest the inaction of both Clinton and Bush pre 9/11 has been talked to death.

Except that at the end of Clinton's term his administration completed a report on aviation security suggesting the implementation of most of the safety measures in place today, and that report was summarily tossed by W's people. There's a strong chance that if the recommendations in the report had been followed, 9/11 may not have happened, or at least would have happened differently.

Perhaps your "beef" is misplaced?

Except that at the end of Clinton's term his administration completed a report on aviation security suggesting the implementation of most of the safety measures in place today, and that report was summarily tossed by W's people. There's a strong chance that if the recommendations in the report had been followed, 9/11 may not have happened.

Perhaps your "beef" is misplaced?

Most of my beef comes from not pressing offensive action against Al Quaida during their attacks in the 90's. My beef is better than Arby's. Wait, that's not saying much.

I still have a valid point.

You can't possibly be serious. How does President Obama stack up to Rush, since Rush is now the leader of the Republican Party?

MrsS, you are an eloquent and bright woman who is simply not dealing with a person that operates on the same level of discourse. It's easier to just not bother. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom