Go Obama! - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #571
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
He hates flies too

PETA condemns Obama for murdering innocent fly

By Jimmy Orr | 06.18.09
Print this Letter to the Editor Republish Email and shareGet e-mail alerts RSS
A couple days ago we mentioned that we hadn’t heard from PETA yet about President Obama’s deadly attack on an innocent housefly who set up residence in the White House.

That doesn’t mean they didn’t care. They were just slow on the draw. But don’t take that as a lack of interest. Oh, they’re interested…

Condemnation

Obama’s ninja-like moves, which resulted in the murder of said fly on Tuesday, has resulted in harsh condemnation of the president by the animal rights group.

Well, maybe not that harsh. They view Obama’s actions as perhaps more of a teachable moment.

“He isn’t the Buddha, he’s a human being, and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act,” writes Alisa Mullins on the PETA blog.

Gift

To that end, they’re sending him a PETA-branded “Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher”. It allows you to place “the device over the bug and slowly slide its plastic trapdoor shut. The bug will step onto the trapdoor as it closes, and you can carry Katcha Bug outside, where all you need to do is slide the trap door open, allowing the bug to walk away.”

Well, that’s nice. But the use of this instrument would have resulted in a far less dramatic scene. Obama walked away from the interview looking like Chuck Norris. Who knows how high Obama’s approval rating will soar as a result of the tough-on-defense action.

Compassion

Doesn’t make any difference to PETA. They believe the president needs to show compassion regardless of high polling numbers.

“We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals,” PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said. “We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals.”

Until he shows more compassion, will members of PETA show up in giant fly costumes protesting the president? We’re guessing probably not.

————

Old 06-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:07 PM
Yeah, that was already here Samson and thus the comment. Is your luscious flowing hair in your eyes?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #573
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
He's inconsistent. He joked at the dinner that an overwhelming percentage of the media is in love with him and voted for him, but now he's insisting he's being treated unfairly, and to make this claim he points to one of the only outlets that dares to challenge him and question some of his policies. With the exception of Fox, almost no outlets are the least bit "criticial" of this administration.

Put down the kool aid, take off the Rush tinted glasses and slowly breathe.

You've got to be kidding, right?

How is he "insisting he's being treated unfairly"?

You're just being silly.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #574
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

How is he "insisting he's being treated unfairly"?
He said "It's very hard for me to swallow that one," in reference to the idea that the media is not being tough on him. 95% of the media is in love with him, but he still always brings up Fox News as a defense to say "See! There's one group of people who doesn't lap up everything we do!" He needs to let it go. He knows the media is treating him well overall, but he has to appease his base and make Fox a villain and say false things about them.

If Fox News didn't exist, do you honestly think he would have been able to dispute an allegation of the media being overly favorable to him, like he did here? If so, you're the silly one.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #575
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Well that surely isn't "insisting he's being treated unfairly" now is it?

Could you possibly overreact some more?

Honestly, it sounds very tongue n cheek to me, the whole "hard for me swallow" line.

You don't think Bush appealed to his base by making jabs at the media and giving favor to Fox?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #576
Refugee

Local Time: 01:07 PM
this just in from fox news:

BREAKING NEWS

North Korea is going to blow up the US ANYTIME now!!!!!!!!

the more i look at their website, the more the term "fear-mongering" comes to mind.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #577
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well that surely isn't "insisting he's being treated unfairly" now is it?

Could you possibly overreact some more?

Honestly, it sounds very tongue n cheek to me, the whole "hard for me swallow" line.

You don't think Bush appealed to his base by making jabs at the media and giving favor to Fox?

I'm not over-reacting. I find this funny. I just don't get how he can say with a straight face "The media is too being critical of me! Just look at Fox News, and.... and.... well look at Fox News!" I think it really gets to Obama that somewhere in this country a very popular outlet exists that actually, on occasion, challenges him and his administration.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #578
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think it really gets to Obama that somewhere in this country a very popular outlet exists that actually, on occasion, challenges him and his administration.

I don't think it gets to him at all. Not much seems to get to him. I'm sure his wife probably brings him down to earth/size more than Fox News ever could.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #579
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Yeah, that was already here Samson and thus the comment. Is your luscious flowing hair in your eyes?

That damn Delilah

Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #580
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not over-reacting. I find this funny. I just don't get how he can say with a straight face "The media is too being critical of me! Just look at Fox News, and.... and.... well look at Fox News!" I think it really gets to Obama that somewhere in this country a very popular outlet exists that actually, on occasion, challenges him and his administration.

What's funny, is THAT'S NOT WHAT HE'S SAYING!!!

I don't get how you can post that with a straight face...

Really "get to Obama"? What a Rush thing to say, he's got you brainwashed...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #581
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
He said "It's very hard for me to swallow that one," in reference to the idea that the media is not being tough on him. 95% of the media is in love with him, but he still always brings up Fox News as a defense

but i thought Fox News trounces all the other stations?

i think you're taking a semi-offhand remark by the president and blowing it up into elephantine proportions because it feeds into the long-standing anti-media woe-is-us-they're-all-against-us line that the Republicans have been serving up since the 1960s.

it's called "working the refs," and the Republicans fully admit to doing this.

you can complain about MSNBC all you want, but it's absurd of you to do that and then complain when someone complains about Fox.

besides, Fox is way, way more conservative than MSNBC is liberal.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #582
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i think you're taking a semi-offhand remark by the president and blowing it up into elephantine proportions because it feeds into the long-standing anti-media woe-is-us-they're-all-against-us line that the Republicans have been serving up since the 1960s.
And what are the odds that Fox News will do this? Maybe Governor Palin will weigh in too.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #583
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Does anyone think 2861 might be Palin and the college male thing is just a front?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #584
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

besides, Fox is way, way more conservative than MSNBC is liberal.

Good one.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #585
Blue Crack Addict

I don't watch Fox or MSNBC because they both are extreme and full of their various obnoxious anchors and commentators. But trying to determine if Fox is more conservative than MSNBC is liberal seems impossible in my opinion. It's like trying to determine who has the best butt in baseball. I have my own opinion, but it's admittedly biased and I haven't seen every butt in baseball either.

It's subjective and influenced by one's own leanings and biases. Maybe a statistical analysis could be created somehow by someone. Of Fox/MSNBC-not baseball butts.