Go Obama! - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #271
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:25 AM
I seriously think he is doing a great job. I don't think I've seen a President work harder. I'm a supporter, higher taxes or not.

Yay!
__________________

__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #272
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 04:25 AM
I still feel like I'm in a dream sometimes. We have an honest, thoughtful president that interacts regularly with the American people, and is genuinely doing his best to stay connected to the world around him. Novel. He's accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years.
__________________

__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #273
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelynIris View Post
I seriously think he is doing a great job. I don't think I've seen a President work harder. I'm a supporter, higher taxes or not.

Yay!
I must have missed it, but are you home for Iraq? I'm guessing yes, since you're here, but if so, congrats! I'm glad you made it home safely!
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #274
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
He's accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years.
Not even close. The more substantial and beneficial accomplishments usually take much longer than that. Its early and Obama is still far behind other Presidents as he should be after less than 3 months in office when it comes to accomplishments.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #275
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
what colourful fur Bo has.



i. want. a. dog.

SO BAD.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Not even close. The more substantial and beneficial accomplishments usually take much longer than that. Its early and Obama is still far behind other Presidents as he should be after less than 3 months in office when it comes to accomplishments.
I agree the statement was hyperbole, but your response is completely off as well.

Obama is far behind where he should be? Really, where should he be?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
DrTeeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Q continuum
Posts: 4,770
Local Time: 09:25 AM

In the past couple of months, Obama certainly has taken more steps I approve of than Bush has in eight years.
__________________
DrTeeth is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #278
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTeeth View Post
In the past couple of months, Obama certainly has taken more steps I approve of than Bush has in eight years.

This I can agree with...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #279
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 04:25 AM
If by "accomplish" we're using a definition that means 'ruining everything one touches' than yes, Bush was far more "accomplished". If we're using the definition that means making careful, logical, and rational decisions that will actually benefit our country and the rest of the world, then, yes, Obama has already accomplished more in 3 months than Bush did in 8 years. I don't recall W. ever making one of those.
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #280
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:25 AM
The handling of Afghanistan and disruption of Al Quaida is one of those tactical things of beauty that people are willing to ignore just because they don't agree with Iraq. But, a hell of an accomplishment nonetheless.
__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #281
Refugee
 
AliEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,320
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Get ready for a speech on the Human Development Index.
__________________
AliEnvy is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #282
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 03:25 AM
i'm sure this is going to go really well.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #283
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
The handling of Afghanistan and disruption of Al Quaida is one of those tactical things of beauty that people are willing to ignore just because they don't agree with Iraq. But, a hell of an accomplishment nonetheless.
Your definition of 'beauty' is different from most. Even most Bush apologizers wouldn't go that far...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #284
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

Obama is far behind where he should be? Really, where should he be?
Obama is still far behind other Presidents as he should be because he has only been in office for less than 3 months.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #285
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Your definition of 'beauty' is different from most. Even most Bush apologizers wouldn't go that far...
I would hope that everyone has different definitions of beauty.
__________________

__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com