Go Obama!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like seriously, dont they have better things to talk about than Obama eating a burger? like has Rush ever made some good points about policy with legitimate arguments to back it up and intelligent statements without personally attacking anyone? ... I havent heard any at least.

How often do you listen to Rush? Because he makes logical arguments with history and numbers to back him up on a daily basis. Go read transcripts on his website.

they seem to believe that anyone who has a difference of opinion or another view point is instantly a bad person. if they opened up their minds to what other people thought and had to say, they might learn something.

I could say the same thing to liberals. Do you think people like Barack Obama and Keith Olbermann follow your advice here? Because they fit perfectly what you just described here.

I could say the same thing to liberals. Do you think people like Barack Obama and Keith Olbermann follow your advice here? Because they fit perfectly what you just described here.

you should read what some of his law school students said about obama when he came to lecture. it is actually quite the opposite. also, when making policy decisions, he does listen to every side. thats one of the good things about Obama. Olbermann is obviously not like that, but he doesnt use the word conservative the way that many republicans will use the word liberal.

you should read what some of his law school students said about obama when he came to lecture. it is actually quite the opposite. also, when making policy decisions, he does listen to every side.

He didn't seem too fond (or even aware) of the tea party protests- which included millions of people who had different views than his own. Rather, he seemed quite dismissive of them.

Olbermann is obviously not like that, but he doesnt use the word conservative the way that many republicans will use the word liberal.

Don't kid yourself. Of course he does. He loves calling anyone who doesn't believe in Democratic policies a racist, a homophobe, a Mexican-hater, and much, much more. He's a man who will sit there in silence as people like Garofalo call conservatives racists and as morons like Michael Musto launch absolutely vile garbage at Carrie Prejean- people with whom he disagrees.

So people have a lot of nerve to say that its conservatives who need to "listen more" and be more "open-minded."

He didn't seem too fond (or even aware) of the tea party protests- which included millions of people who had different views than his own. Rather, he seemed quite dismissive of them.

The tea party people were protesting the Bush tax cuts... you do realize that ? the obama taxes have not even been implemented yet.

they were also saying "eliminate all taxes", which is so impractical, and most of them dont realize that they are getting a tax cut under obama so, yes, I did listen to the tax party people, but I have come to learn that most of them are uniformed.

How often do you listen to Rush? Because he makes logical arguments with history and numbers to back him up on a daily basis. Go read transcripts on his website.
Like the satellite footage he told you we have? :wink:

Did Obama even say anything about them? I wasn't aware he said anything.

And is wasn't millions, by Rush's account, close to 300,000.

oh forgot to respond to this. yes, i listen to Rush about 2 times a week, and I watch O'Reilly and hannity every now and then too.

Even though I am a total secular progressive I like to hear all sides to make sure that I am educated about all beliefs and understand all sides. even though, I usually end up totally disagreeing with them, I still find it very entertaining (especially Bill O putting on a show). :wink:

why would he care? Bush was incredibly dismissive of the anti-war protests, and those brought hundreds of thousands of people out into the street in cities across the world. we're talking about a few hundred people here and there in this country who can't even agree on what they're angry about, had no coherent message, and were making a laughably inaccurate historical parallel.

Don't kid yourself. Of course he does. He loves calling anyone who doesn't believe in Democratic policies a racist, a homophobe, a Mexican-hater, and much, much more. He's a man who will sit there in silence as people like Garofalo call conservatives racists and as morons like Michael Musto launch absolutely vile garbage at Carrie Prejean- people with whom he disagrees.

So people have a lot of nerve to say that its conservatives who need to "listen more" and be more "open-minded."

while i agree that there is a tendency, on both sides, to not only lampoon and create straw men out of those who disagree with them, but also to attribute the worst possible motives for whatever belief, i do not think we're dealing with equals when you compare people like Rush and Hannity to Olberman and Garofalo.

aside from a few posters on Daily Kos, i cannot think of a left wing equivalent to Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin (who your posts very clearly echo).

while i agree that there is a tendency, on both sides, to not only lampoon and create straw men out of those who disagree with them, but also to attribute the worst possible motives for whatever belief, i do not think we're dealing with equals when you compare people like Rush and Hannity to Olberman and Garofalo.

aside from a few posters on Daily Kos, i cannot think of a left wing equivalent to Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin (who your posts very clearly echo).

:yes:

PLEASE!!!

Bush wouldn't laugh at jokes about Olbermann?

Why you worship this man(Rush) I will never understand, honestly it f**king scares me, but you do and that's your right... but the man has a LOOOOONG history of racism, one of the more recent the Magic Negro song he commissioned...

So can you blame her? It's just a joke. You tell me where she crossed the line, and I'll show you where you're a hyprocite.

What allegedly crosses the line in the US wouldn't even count as a start in German political humor.

Im sure the president found some of her jokes somewhat awkward and uncomfortable (especially about Rush), but Wanda was looking at him through all the jokes...what else could he really do? He just smiled and waited until it was over.... there were very funny things said by Wanda too though. and Rush crosses the line all the time...and hes serious. At least Wanda is joking.

you know what's actually offensive?

YouTube - Bush Jokes about WMD

joking about non-existent, fabricated WMDs that were used as the very basis of an invasion that caused the death of thousands of americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

that, my friend, crosses the line.

you know what's actually offensive?

YouTube - Bush Jokes about WMD

joking about non-existent, fabricated WMDs that were used as the very basis of an invasion that caused the death of thousands of americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

that, my friend, crosses the line.

But but but... he's conservative!

Don't you get it, it's a game. Bush spends, but since he has an 'R' by his name it doesn't count. When a 'D' spends it's time for tea parties. When a 'D' laughs it's offensive. And if you're gay, or caught up in a scandal they just change the 'R' to a 'D'...

It's a very simple game.

The GOP staffers in attendance quoted in the Post's political blog all said they thought Sykes was fine until she got onto the topic of Limbaugh and his "I hope he fails" comments, at which point she went over the line.

:shrug: Sounds about right to me. I see little reason to get highly worked up over a comedian's over-the-line jabs at a media personality who's himself known for mean-spirited humor, though.

:shrug: Sounds about right to me. I see little reason to get highly worked up over a comedian's over-the-line jabs at a media personality who's himself known for mean-spirited humor, though.

at least she didn't mock Rush like he did Michael J. Fox.

Well Obama alluded to the 9/11 panic that the AF One flyover caused. Blaming his kids.

oh.

my.

GOD.

did anyone die? like thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis? or was Obama making light of an embarrassing incident that was universally acknowledged as foolish? do right-wingers have anything -- anything!-- to add to the current national conversation?

You have to be kidding. Obama made a funny harmless joke about his kids using air force one. To somehow tie it into fearmongering, 911, tragedy, deaths, etc... is absolutely ridiculous. Dont we have better political things to talk about? how come every time a real important issue comes up, some little controversy about who said what takes over. I almost feel like the republicans are using every little person they can complain about or blame anyone for anything to try and hide the fact that they have no new ideas. And some democrats do the same thing...its just politics as usual.

I think the GOP needs to steer clear of Rush, Coulter, Hannity, and other "extremist." They take the focus away from the real issue and always turn it into some other silly controversy to distract people. Same thing happened during the campaign. And the same goes for liberals too, but I just dont feel that the liberals are as obnoxious or downright insane like Rush, Coulter, Hannity, Michael Savage, Bill O, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom