Go Home Human Shields, You U.S. Wankers... Iraqi Citizens topple main Saddam Statue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
As American tanks roll into the city center of Baghdad, they're met with cheers from the Iraqi people. There's a crowd of Baghdad citizens gathering around a statue of Saddam, waiting to topple it. Citizens are hugging American soliders in the streets, posing for pictures with them. And there is a sign being marched around the streets...

"GO HOME
HUMAN SHIELDS
YOU U.S. WANKERS"

This was is not over yet, there's still resistance out there, but the pictures comming across the television today... words can't describe for me. I hope all these people who jumped up and down that this war was a bad thing for the Iraqi people... I hope they're all watching this, and not choking on the foot that's in their preverbial mouths.

Last edited:
While that is fantastic, not the wankers bit, I dont think this will necessarily prove the anti war movement wrong. Its the belief that war is wrong. Simple as that. Some people will never accept it as a viable action, and that is ok. Kudos to anyone who is steadfast and strong in their beliefs.

will someone please take down this freakin' statue already? its taking hours already. get the thing down man!

The Wanderer said:
these folks have been planted there by the Bush Administration!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

the statue has fallen... and so has the regime...

i respect those who stick to their ideals, but i don't know how anyone can watch these pictures of iraqi citizens dancing on the fallen statue of saddam hussein and not agree that this was the right thing to do. that's just me :shrug:

aaaa.jpg

how long till the iraqi information minister comes out saying that american troops still aren't in baghdad?

Last edited:
As I watched the images of the Iraqi people pulling down the statue of Saddam, I realize that we, in the western free world, will never truly know the joy of freedom gained. Face it, we are jaded, spending hours arguing the shades and degrees of our freedoms. But to see true freedom realized (for the first time for many) - it is an amazing sight.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the statue has fallen... and so has the regime...

i respect those who stick to their ideals, but i don't know how anyone can watch these pictures of iraqi citizens dancing on the fallen statue of saddam hussein and not agree that this was the right thing to do. that's just me :shrug:

I am exited by the view of happy iraqis as well. I am thrilled they looted Basra's government offices and such. They deserve that.
However, I don't like how people twist these things to make it look like anti-war people are crazy.

My unchaging view is there could have been a way to have these people celebrating without having to kill thousands of them as well.

I think the term "pro-war" is ridiculous. That's just me. How could someone ever condone use of destructive weapons to start a war against someone who never touched you?
War = death...it should only be started at the VERY last resort. This was not a last resort war.

12 years of violating UN sanctions... 30+ years of tyranical rule over the Iraqi people...

I just wonder how much longer you wanted it to go on before it became time for "last resort?"

the cold hard facts of the matter is the only way these images would be seen... that the iraqi people would actually rise up and claim their freedom... was for Saddam and his regime to be gone. Any other policy where Saddam would have been allowed to stay and you would never have seen this. Any and every person who spoke out against Saddam while he was in power was put down... shot dead if he was lucky. God only knows what happened if he/she was unlucky. Now the iraqi military is on the run, shattered in pieces, and the government is no longer...

Up to yesterday, the only news the people in Baghdad were getting was that the coalition forces STILL were not in Baghdad and that the Iraqi military was turning them back at ever corner. It took a fleet of American tanks to roll into the heart of Baghdad without any strong resistance just for these people to realize that the Regime of Fear was truely in shambles and that they could finally voice their opinion. This is a great day for Iraq, a great day for the coalition forces, and a glorious day for freedom.

I understand all that. But what gives the US the right?
Is it fair to all the countries in Africa and around the world who are oppressed by tyrants? There are many many more countries like Iraq around the globe that may never see the light of day because there is no personal benefit to be had from liberating them.

Basstrap said:

Is it fair to all the countries in Africa and around the world who are oppressed by tyrants? There are many many more countries like Iraq around the globe that may never see the light of day because there is no personal benefit to be had from liberating them.

Could someone please answer this question though? I pose it often and it gets ignored

:up: :up: :up:

now, let's just stabilize the country, get formal elections held, and get the hell outta there.

Basstrap said:

I am exited by the view of happy iraqis as well. I am thrilled they looted Basra's government offices and such. They deserve that.
However, I don't like how people twist these things to make it look like anti-war people are crazy.

My unchaging view is there could have been a way to have these people celebrating without having to kill thousands of them as well.

I think the term "pro-war" is ridiculous. That's just me. How could someone ever condone use of destructive weapons to start a war against someone who never touched you?
War = death...it should only be started at the VERY last resort. This was not a last resort war.

You and me both, Basstrap. My sentiments exactly. Now we have to "pay the piper", so to speak. A massive humanitarian crisis is developing right now. Was this *absolutely* the only way to solve this problem? I'm not convinced.

Last edited:
Basstrap said:

Could someone please answer this question though? I pose it often and it gets ignored

well, it is possible that if the u.n. wants any kind of stature any more they will get off their ass and actually DO something regarding those situations.

but you see basstrap, if the u.s. were to intervene in those places as well, the outcries would just begin again that the u.s. is out to colonize the world.

Basstrap said:

Your question can be read two ways:

1. You can only justify the war in Iraq if you are prepared to remove each and every evil dictator around the world.

2. The world community owes it to other countries with evil dictators to invade or otherwise remove said evil dictators.

The suggestion that Bush has personal gain from invading Iraq is unsupportable.

Starting with Iraq will have global strategic significance. The message should now be clear to other evil dictators - change or be changed. The same strategic significance may not have been gained by starting with another country.

Basstrap said:

I don?t really care whats fair and whatnot, you know. I think you should be careful what questions to ask. Would you prefer the troops to roll all over Africa? The fact is that there?d be benefits. Just not enough benefits to justify very expensive military action. And after all, it is more easy to keep African countries under control with HIPC etc., so why make a war? Just because there are some corrupt cruel leaders? Come on.

But you know, we will see. As soon as an African country gets a real pain in the ass, the leader of the free world will not care about invading, breaching international law, and about how many civil "casualities" it may take. After all the example has been set. Now he can afford anything. After not being charged for breaching international law one time, why should the administration be charged another time?

I am very happy for the Iraqis who are celebrating. I sincerely hope the end of war is near, I doubt it, but who knows. I?d be the first one to celebrate the downfall of Saddam.

nbcrusader said:

Starting with Iraq will have global strategic significance.

Exactly. Thats a very negative point, in my eyes.

You may trust the leader of the free world, I don?t.

Not because he is from the U.S., but becuse of the history of foreign politics, and because some parts of Europe have learned their lesson about trusting leaders.

Last edited:
Basstrap said:

I am exited by the view of happy iraqis as well.

We werent "Pro War"..
Saddam was Pro War.
We were and still are -
-Pro Iraqi Freedom
-Pro Iraqi Human Rights
-People against ppl being oppressed.

Were glad you are "exited" Basstrap.:)

DB9:wave:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I don?t really care whats fair and whatnot, you know. I think you should be careful what questions to ask. Would you prefer the troops to roll all over Africa?

I think you misread me
if you have been reading my posts at all lately you will know that I, of course, do not want the US bombs anywhere near the third world.
I was merely questioning the legitimacy of the pretense for this war...to liberate iraq. A pretense which only came to surface, really, after the war had started when Bush realized he had better prepare for the possibility of them finding no WMD...which is actually the main pretense of this war

Basstrap said:

I think you misread me
if you have been reading my posts at all lately you will know that I, of course, do not want the US bombs anywhere near the third world.

Sure, Bassy, don?t worry, I haven?t misread you.

Fact is that there is no reason to fight a war in Africa at the very moment. The people there die of AIDS, all the continent is weak. They?ll give in to about everything. Why waste bombs, soldiers and money when you can get the rich natural resources of African countries for free?

basstrap: they will find them. give it time. it might take a few months.

Yes they will find the WMDs.

Eventually the hope is to stabilze Africa too.
Dont think Im discounting the urgency.

DB9

Back
Top Bottom