Go Home Human Shields, You U.S. Wankers... Iraqi Citizens topple main Saddam Statue - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Go Home Human Shields, You U.S. Wankers... Iraqi Citizens topple main Saddam Statue

As American tanks roll into the city center of Baghdad, they're met with cheers from the Iraqi people. There's a crowd of Baghdad citizens gathering around a statue of Saddam, waiting to topple it. Citizens are hugging American soliders in the streets, posing for pictures with them. And there is a sign being marched around the streets...

"GO HOME
HUMAN SHIELDS
YOU U.S. WANKERS"

This was is not over yet, there's still resistance out there, but the pictures comming across the television today... words can't describe for me. I hope all these people who jumped up and down that this war was a bad thing for the Iraqi people... I hope they're all watching this, and not choking on the foot that's in their preverbial mouths.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:10 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:13 PM
While that is fantastic, not the wankers bit, I dont think this will necessarily prove the anti war movement wrong. Its the belief that war is wrong. Simple as that. Some people will never accept it as a viable action, and that is ok. Kudos to anyone who is steadfast and strong in their beliefs.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #3
Kid A

these folks have been planted there by the Bush Administration!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
New Yorker

will someone please take down this freakin' statue already? its taking hours already. get the thing down man!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Kid A

after 25+ years, I think they must want to savor the moment, sharky!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:57 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
these folks have been planted there by the Bush Administration!

the statue has fallen... and so has the regime...

i respect those who stick to their ideals, but i don't know how anyone can watch these pictures of iraqi citizens dancing on the fallen statue of saddam hussein and not agree that this was the right thing to do. that's just me
Old 04-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

how long till the iraqi information minister comes out saying that american troops still aren't in baghdad?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:12 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

iraqi citizens are now "riding hobby horse," as one reporter put it, down the streets of baghdad on the head of the toppled saddam hussein statue...
Old 04-09-2003, 11:13 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:13 PM
As I watched the images of the Iraqi people pulling down the statue of Saddam, I realize that we, in the western free world, will never truly know the joy of freedom gained. Face it, we are jaded, spending hours arguing the shades and degrees of our freedoms. But to see true freedom realized (for the first time for many) - it is an amazing sight.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:16 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the statue has fallen... and so has the regime...

i respect those who stick to their ideals, but i don't know how anyone can watch these pictures of iraqi citizens dancing on the fallen statue of saddam hussein and not agree that this was the right thing to do. that's just me
I am exited by the view of happy iraqis as well. I am thrilled they looted Basra's government offices and such. They deserve that.
However, I don't like how people twist these things to make it look like anti-war people are crazy.

My unchaging view is there could have been a way to have these people celebrating without having to kill thousands of them as well.

I think the term "pro-war" is ridiculous. That's just me. How could someone ever condone use of destructive weapons to start a war against someone who never touched you?
War = death...it should only be started at the VERY last resort. This was not a last resort war.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

12 years of violating UN sanctions... 30+ years of tyranical rule over the Iraqi people...

I just wonder how much longer you wanted it to go on before it became time for "last resort?"

the cold hard facts of the matter is the only way these images would be seen... that the iraqi people would actually rise up and claim their freedom... was for Saddam and his regime to be gone. Any other policy where Saddam would have been allowed to stay and you would never have seen this. Any and every person who spoke out against Saddam while he was in power was put down... shot dead if he was lucky. God only knows what happened if he/she was unlucky. Now the iraqi military is on the run, shattered in pieces, and the government is no longer...

Up to yesterday, the only news the people in Baghdad were getting was that the coalition forces STILL were not in Baghdad and that the Iraqi military was turning them back at ever corner. It took a fleet of American tanks to roll into the heart of Baghdad without any strong resistance just for these people to realize that the Regime of Fear was truely in shambles and that they could finally voice their opinion. This is a great day for Iraq, a great day for the coalition forces, and a glorious day for freedom.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:30 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:43 AM
I understand all that. But what gives the US the right?
Is it fair to all the countries in Africa and around the world who are oppressed by tyrants? There are many many more countries like Iraq around the globe that may never see the light of day because there is no personal benefit to be had from liberating them.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

They say a picture tells a thousand words... so I present these as all the proof I need.

Old 04-09-2003, 11:48 AM   #14
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Is that Diamond?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #15
The Fly

Local Time: 10:13 AM
I do very much hope it's finally over...