Gloating by Democrats could be their downfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Even though I am totally against George W. Bush and in principal hate what the Republican Party stands for ( tax cuts for the rich, no compassion for the poor, bad foriegn policy etc. etc.) I find myself at awe with the arrogance of most Democrats I see on the news and talk shows. The fact is they didn't really win by that much despite almost everyone being down on Bush - it should have been a landslide yet if you check the numbers it definately wasn't. Why then does it seem like all these Democrats I see on the news and talk shows seem to be gloating about running things when in actaulity they are not??? Bush is still in charge yet they act as if they won the Presidency. What's up with this?
I'm really scared they will keep acting so arrogant and will end up blowing the party's chances in 2008. I don't know...just a thought.

Last edited:
I don't think they are acting in an arrogant matter. For one thing, they did not vote to impeach Bush. And Bush is in charge of some things, but not others. Congress already has passed, or is in the process of passing, legislation that makes Bush cringe.

Nothing has been more absurd than the revisionist history/mythology of the Republicans and/or Bushies who like to think the Democrats haven't come close to winning anything since the Stone Age.

The simple fact is the Dems are 2 states from 4 consecutive White House victories. Speaking of gloating and arrogance, it's all I've heard for 6 years from the Bushies, you'd think the 90's never happened

I'm not a Democrat, registered Independent, probably a social liberal though, fair enough, but 8 years of Clinton bashing for nothing but blow jobs and conspiracy talk still hasn't been outdone by 6 years of bashing Bush for wrecking the standing of the country itself, plus about 8 thousand other things and certainly 6 years of revisionist history "the Dems can't win anything" hasn't been outdone by two fucking months of gloating by Dems.

Look at the Governors races if you want to see where things are shifting. Red states=Blue Governors, has much less to do with Presidential politics or national and much more about having a domestic policy and NOT having one. The Dems don't have a foreign policy that makes any sense and the Reps don't have a domestic policy that has advanced past 1955. Nothing to gloat about, fair to say things are still quite divided and that 2008 is a toss-up, regardless of political pundit attitutudes on cable news programs.

It's been less than 3 months since the election, about 2 weeks since the new Congress took hold, and it's a solid year before any meaningful debates, even longer until primaries and 22 months until the election. Nothing to get excited about yet.

What would wreck the Dems chances?
Nominating Edwards.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
The simple fact is the Dems are 2 states from 4 consecutive White House victories. Speaking of gloating and arrogance, it's all I've heard for 6 years from the Bushies, you'd think the 90's never happened

:up:

i don't think they are being arrogant at all. i'm glad people are actually having the courage to stand up and speak out about this. webb's response to the state of the union was brilliant. you wanna talk arrogance, how about bush's response to how people don't approve of his strategy? he just came short of saying "well i'm the boss so stfu!"

i just hope that this time around the dems choose a candidate that actually has a real platform, and not just because he/she is not bush.

Back
Top Bottom