Give the gift of water in honor of Bono's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got a nice note from Bono in 2003, acknowledging the card, and thanking us. He has been involved with the group that AWF works through, Africare. In fact when someone from the Fund called Africare's offices in Washington, Bono was in their offices at the very same time! The B-man's presence isn't just a rumor, it's real. The note, incidentally, is on the AWF site.

That's nice. The only thing I had heard is that he thanked someone in an airport after they brought it up to him, and he acted as if he hadn't heard of it before. But a public acknowledgement would show to all his doubters that he does pay his cause more than lip service. The man is worth 100 million US dollars, if regular folks like us can donate something, I'd like to see him make the gesture of at least matching it. Bill Gates has donated billions to Africa from his own pocket, matching $18,000 isn't going to break Bono. If he cares as much as he says, he should want to do it.

Last edited:
I know that Bono and the other guys in the band are generous givers, but they don't like to be super-public about it. It got into the press a couple of years ago that they financed a great big campaign by Oxfam, to the tune of millions. I don't think they liked it that it got in the press.

Back
Top Bottom