Give The Gift of Conquest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Like a virgin...

When Jeanette Yarborough decided to give her husband a gift for their seventeenth wedding anniversary she wanted it to be special. Really special. She decided that conventional treats such as Mediterranean cruises, gold watches, cars, a murder-mystery weekend, or even a boob job just weren’t going to cut it. She gave him something much more personal — and painful. Her virginity.

Well, sort of. Mrs Yarborough paid $5,000 (£2,860) to a cosmetic surgeon to stitch her hymen back together so she could “lose her virginity” all over again and her husband would have that thrilling conquest at the grand age of 40.

nbcrusader said:
What is the message here? Women are to be conquered and should embrace the pain???
That's part of it (and probably the reason for the "Feel Sexy Again" marketing spiel the article mentions), but I suspect some sort of misguided desire to artificially re-create a sense of "innocence" and the particular form of "the thrill of discovery" associated with that is part of it too.

Crikey. What a messy birthday present that'll be....:huh:

Considering that most women break their hymens before they even have their first intercourse, seems awfully stupid to me.

I wonder if they had issues in their relationship.....Maybe she'd slept with a bunch of people before him and it had bugged him all those 17 years....:shrug:

Not something I'd ask for for my birthday....

why are straight men so hung up on women being virginal?

i mean, virgins are usually pretty bad at sex ... hence, they are virgins.

I hope for Jeanette Yarborough's husband (and for her sake) that it has something to do with the physical aspect of an intact hymen. :huh:

That reminds me of a short story by Roald Dahl where two married men successfully pull off an absurd plot in which they sneak into each other's houses under cover of night, have sex with each other's unsuspecting wives, then sneak back into bed with their own wives. The next morning, their wives confess to them that while they'd been contemplating a divorce because the sex was so unsatisfying, last night "you were so great" that they'll give them a second chance!

Back
Top Bottom