Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Wasn't Bush a crack addict?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
That means talking about the actual issues.

Rules of this thread: No talk of experience. No talk of Obama being all about change and hope.
Well I kind of disagree with the premise here. I think these are certainly valid points and I expect McCain to use them.

But I'll play along.

The United States cannot pull out of Iraq now. We cannot abandon the Iraqi people and let them get slaughtered. McCain understands there are nutjobs out there that want us dead and he's a fighter, and has much more military knowledge and understanding than Obama. You can't even compare the two here. I'd trust McCain in the war against terrorism a LOT more than I would Obama, who wants to bomb Pakistan.

McCain supports the tax cuts and would make them permanent. With one kid in college, one just out of college, and one a few years away from entering college, I really would hate for my parents to be paying more in taxes for unnecessary things, like someone else's healthcare.

Spending- kind of goes along with taxes. I heard somewhere that Obama would introduce a total of about $200 billion of new spending. I like smaller government.

Immigration- I disagreed with his immigration bill, but I like how he has come around and realized how unpopular it was, and that the border needs to be secure.

McCain is a moderate and could get things accomplished. Obama is the number one most liberal (Oh, sorry, I forgot- you prefer "progressive") senator. Having him as president just scares me.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock

I knew someone was going to bring this up. I'm not even going to pursue this. Drugs and alchohol are not equal. Until drugs are legalized I'm not participating in the debate. I'll have a beer, you do cocaine. To each his own.
Except Bush didn't have a beer, he was an addicted alcoholic.

Quite something else from a person trying this drug or that and ending it there.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #34
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:

I knew someone was going to bring this up. I'm not even going to pursue this. Drugs and alchohol are not equal. Until drugs are legalized I'm not participating in the debate. I'll have a beer, you do cocaine. To each his own.
This doesn't even make sense. I'm not comparing drugs to alcohol. I'm comparing someone who dabbled and someone who is ADDICTED. Which one speaks of weaker will? Plus Bush may have not admitted to his drug use, but there were drugs in his past as well.

I'm sorry, but this is weak.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:

Where the hell do you get this idea from? I think that, among all of this, might be the biggest bullshit I've read about Obama.
I agree. To me, that's what the media and nation in general is projecting onto Obama's campaign. It's certainly not anything he's said or even implied that I've seen, other than a few comments that essentially say how greatful he feels to be able to run for president of a country where he likely would've been denied the right to vote 45 years ago. There is nothing wrong or opportunistic about statements like that at all. It's a testament to what our country can be when we mix a public call, public passion and public work for change with government policies that begin to create equality, justice, and liberty for everybody. That's what the U.S. is supposed to be.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

Bush was an alcoholic and a cocaine addict. As an adult, no less.

Obama used cocaine a few times at a young age.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

I've seen plenty of people in my life extremely messed up due to alcohol abuse and/or addiction. Alcohol is a drug. A strong willed person faces up to their problem and gets help for it if it is a problem and quits, and is honest about their drug use just like Senator Obama is. That is what strong will is. George Bush faced up to his alcohol addiction and stopped, and I admire him tremendously for that.

To bring up Senator Obama's admitted drug use as some sort of indication of any sort of weak will or character is really stretching in my opinion. We all have our flaws and weaknesses, it's how we face them that matters.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Wasn't Bush a crack addict?
There is a suspicion that Bush used cocaine

and that he may have even done some community service because of it

but with his family's influence there is no record of it

and he / they will not talk about it

Now Obama,

those of you that have read the book?

I believe he openly discusses smoking pot and using cocaine?

Is this correct?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #39
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:

Where the hell do you get this idea from? I think that, among all of this, might be the biggest bullshit I've read about Obama.
No, it's not bullshit, but hey here we go again from the liberal mob.

Philly, you're full of bullshit.

There. now that I'm down to your level, do you want to continue?

When's the moderator going to come in and condem me for attacking fellow posters? Waiting...

You all need to grow up.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #40
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

The United States cannot pull out of Iraq now. We cannot abandon the Iraqi people and let them get slaughtered. McCain understands there are nutjobs out there that want us dead and he's a fighter, and has much more military knowledge and understanding than Obama. You can't even compare the two here. I'd trust McCain in the war against terrorism a LOT more than I would Obama, who wants to bomb Pakistan.
What a strong grasp of the issues you have.

Quote:

McCain supports the tax cuts and would make them permanent. With one kid in college, one just out of college, and one a few years away from entering college, I really would hate for my parents to be paying more in taxes for unnecessary things, like someone else's healthcare.
Tax cuts during one of the biggest times of debt in history, woo hoo!!! Healthcare unnecessary. Wow only a conservative...

Quote:

I like smaller government.
No, you don't. I've seen the things you support. You are a neo-con in the truest since, you are not small government.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

You all need to grow up.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:
They're going to get slaughtered whenever we leave: now, or in ten years. We're holding off the inevitable civil war with an unsustainable troop count.

McCain and Iran make me think he's totally nuts.

Quote:
As opposed to what? Paying for someone else's war?

Quote:
Spending- kind of goes along with taxes. I heard somewhere that Obama would introduce a total of about $200 billion of new spending. I like smaller government.
But he's pulling out of Iraq, which would tremendously reduce spending...

It's funny that you like smaller government and support Bush, who has made government massive.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

No, you don't. I've seen the things you support.
Elaborate.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
No, it's not bullshit, but hey here we go again from the liberal mob.

Philly, you're full of bullshit.

There. now that I'm down to your level, do you want to continue?

When's the moderator going to come in and condem me for attacking fellow posters? Waiting...

You all need to grow up.
I said your statement was bullshit, and only part of it. That's a far cry from calling you full of bullshit.

There's been zero indication that Obama wants to run just for the sake of becoming a black president. Zero. None. It hasn't happened.

For people that complain about the hope and change stuff, now suddenly he doesn't even want that? I think it's quite clear that his motivations are for the betterment of the country.

It's funny to hear "Grow up" coming from you.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a Legitimate Argument For McCain, Against Obama

Quote:

Elaborate.
George W. Bush.