gimme , some recommends on Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IvanClaytonJnr

War Child
I live in Boston and aahhhhhhh
i will go to buy some good books 2morrow ..
Can you please recommend me some good books or Authors , PLEASE ????
smile.gif

Alan Moore's WAtchmen, Chabon's pulitzer winning book... kavalier and clay? i think.. Into Thin Air, any Book of Redwall.. mossflower, salamandstrom.. Just a few of various types...

- It's Not About the Bike, My Journey Back to Life - Lance Armstrong. This book is really good. What he has done in the tour is amazing and once you learn what he had to go through it will blow your mind. A book everyone should read.

------------------
15five.com

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 01-20-2002).]

Ken Follet "Pillars of the Earth" It may be a thick book but it's very dificult to put down. If you like Medieval historic fiction, give it a go. If you don't like it, you will after reading this book!

Neil Gaiman "Neverwhere" This guy who wrote the Sandman graphic novels has a gift or story telling, he is truly a wordsmith who spins a great tale. The story takes place beneath London and encompasses some actual under-London folklore. A great read, and I heard there's a movie in the works. Yay!

Stephen Ambrose "D-Day" You can guess what that's about. One of the greatest historic writers of our times whose books are based on fact and personal accounts. He rarely ever misses a detail.

Author Unknown (can't think of the name) "Don't Know Much About History" Good for history trivia hounding, not too in depth but it's got tidbits here and there that are very interesting. And unlike many history based books, it's not written in a dry tone at all.

[This message has been edited by adam's_mistress (edited 01-20-2002).]

James Loewen, "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your US History Teacher Got Wrong."

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Otherwise by Jane Kenyon
Microserfs by Douglas Coupland

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Back
Top Bottom