Getting nervous......... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Getting nervous.........

Is anyone else here getting extremely nervous about the campaign? It's so close and will probably stay that way up until Nov 2nd. There's just no way to tell who's going to win at this point. Ah i'm going to piss myself!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Don't be nervous. I know, I get nervous too, and I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't go the way I hope it goes. But have faith...I have a good feeling about this...

I know I sound like a broken record about this, but dailykos.com is a really good place to go if you want to be around a web community that thinks like we do.

Another point...I understand that Kerry & Edwards have been greeted with large enthusiastic crowds wherever they've gone to speak, and the local media has been highly complementary about them. The blog on John Kerry's website might have postings and links to such articles...they'll make you feel hopeful!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm actually not that nervous, considering the fact that lately... it hasn't really been that close. as long as George doesn't screw up on the debates or something really extrodinary happens between now and Nov 2, we're lookin' at 4 more years.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'm actually not that nervous, considering the fact that lately... it hasn't really been that close
it all depends on what polls you look at. CNN showed one yesterday, a national poll, that had kerry and bush at 47% each.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

it all depends on what polls you look at. CNN showed one yesterday, a national poll, that had kerry and bush at 47% each.
only polls i look at are the ones that tell me how the electoral vote will go, 'cause those are the only ones that matter... CNN national polls are useless.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:48 PM   #6
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:49 AM
Re: Getting nervous.........

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Is anyone else here getting extremely nervous about the campaign?

Ah i'm going to piss myself!

Yes, I know the feeling, believe me.

It's gotten to the point that I just don't wanna think about but that's a little difficult considering that I'm working for a campaign.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 09-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Of course I'm nervous. I'm naturally pessimistic, too. But it's going to be really close. I hope it goes my way, if not, life goes on.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:49 AM
what is there to be nervous about? I am way confused by this.

No matter who is elected...they will do the job of running the country...and the world will continue on.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
only polls i look at are the ones that tell me how the electoral vote will go, 'cause those are the only ones that matter... CNN national polls are useless.
Well, those are close too. Last week Kerry was in the lead (as he also was before the Republican convention). The last few days Bush is ahead, but the margins are very slim.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. DaveC has a great site in his quote: http://www.electoral-vote.com that has the latest news about the state polls.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Marty you beat me to it! I was just about to give that link.

I visit every day. It is extremely close, and it can still go any way at all. Check it out sometime! http://www.electoral-vote.com
Old 09-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

I'm pretty much psyched to handle it either way. It won't really change my life. Family issues are the things that impact me emotionally in life, not political issues.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Well, those are close too. Last week Kerry was in the lead (as he also was before the Republican convention). The last few days Bush is ahead, but the margins are very slim.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. DaveC has a great site in his quote: http://www.electoral-vote.com that has the latest news about the state polls.
While I like the website and look at it often, much of the polling data it uses is suspect.

The most respected polling group, GALLUP has Bush ahead of Kerry in key battle Ground States. Bush has 48% to Kerry's 47% in Pennsylvania. IF Kerry cannot win Pennsylvania, he cannot win the election.

In Ohio, the situation is much worse for Kerry, its Bush 52%, Kerry 44%. This is interesting because OHIO has been the state in the Union that was hardest hit by the recession and has had a very rough time economically. Kerry should have a double digit lead in this state, but is almost behind by double digits.

Missouri has voted for nearly every single president of the past 100 years. Right now its Bush 55% to Kerry's 41%.

History has shown Gallup to be the most reliable polling organization and its current results look good for Bush and not good for Kerry.

Things can change of course, Kerry proved that when he came from behind to defeat Dean in the primary's. But right now, things look good for Bush and I never thought he could have such numbers in an election that was supposed to be so close.

Barring a new crises in Iraq or a major screw up at the debates, Bush is in for four more years based on the current data 7 weeks away from election day.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

I don't really believe polls at all. They're messy because of many factors, especially partisan percentages and differing criteria for "likely voters". Using different criteria, Rasmussen has Bush at 47.3% and Kerry at 46.4%. That's basically a tie considering that the MOE is 4%. What makes Poll X so much better than Poll Z? Nothing.
*edited because I screwed up*
Old 09-15-2004, 05:26 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

It affects me directly, particularly when it comes to interning at the white house or congress when i'm in college. Life in the short term will go on if kerry loses, in the long term it'll f*** things up.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Polls have their problems, been when accurately done like Gallup does, they can predict elections and the show what most people in the country are thinking. Gallup has an excellent record.