German teenager responsible for worldwide Sasser worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He should be hung by his extremities, lowered slowly into a vat of acid and then, if he survives, be made to pay for all the computer hard drives he screwed up around the world (including mine).

Son of a B***H

AchtungBono said:
He should be hung by his extremities, lowered slowly into a vat of acid and then, if he survives, be made to pay for all the computer hard drives he screwed up around the world (including mine).

I guess the same should be done to the people who are too dumb/lazy/cheap to get the security patches or a decent antivirus software and firewall, and open every attachment in their inbox without thinking.

AchtungBono: The people who are responsible for security holes should be punished more than this kid. It shouldn't be possible that teenager creates such a damage in his sparetime.
I know law is different in the US but in germany the person who dosn't lock his car gets part of the guilt when his car is stolen - should be the same for the software vendor who dosn't even include a door - just a big hole - in his product

Klaus

In the US the insurane co. will not pay for your lost car if the keys were left in it. But also, there is always somebody blaming somebody for every little thing. People sue McDonald's because they are fat. They sue Phillip Morris because cigarettes made them sick. Nobody can take the blame for their own mistakes. It always has to be someone else's fault. But in the case of this boy and the virus, or any other person who has started a virus, they did not have to do it so it is their fault. I lost my old PC with lots of good things on it:( The companies will have to learn from these virus makers to plug up all the holes. Maybe they can hire some of them and then they can have a job putting their computer abilities to good use rather than destructive ones.

AchtungBono said:

Son of a B***H

Nothing like a proportional response, eh? :slant:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom