Gerald R Ford died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Just in, former pres Gerald R. Ford died.

Big news here since he was from Grand Rapids.

:(

Last edited:
93! God Bless Him! He was like the back-up QB that got the ball in the 3rd quarter with his team down 35-0. Mop-up duty ain't pretty.

I always rather liked Ford. Actually seemed like a decent guy, and that's saying a lot given my opinion of politicians in general.

Last reasonable Republican president. I actually quite liked him as a man.

His wife is very cool.

I have my questions about the man. He was a leak to the FBI during the Warren Commission. I question how he becomes the Vice President and then the President.

Likeable, sure....

He did his part in the Coup D'etate and became the first unelected President.

Gerald Pardoned Nixon for "the good of the country". He was a believer that investigating the connections of the CIA would hurt the country. WHY?

It was not the first time he did something for the good of the country to protect the FBI and CIA.

Shirt.jpg

Would you describe this as going through the neck?

jfkjacket.GIF

Would you? Seriously.....

Who changed the statement in the Warren Commission Report to read the bullet entered Kennedy's neck?

The initial draft of the report stated:
"A bullet had entered his back at a point slightly above
the shoulder to the right of the spine."

Ford wanted it to read:
"A bullet had entered the back of his neck slightly to the right of the spine."

Gerald Ford.

Why?

Because there had to be only one shooter to prevent further investigations.

There is NO WAY, John Connely gets seven wounds sitting in front of the President if the bullet goes into the back.

Sorry, he may have been a nice guy, but the truth was of no concern to him.

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:
Sorry, he may have been a nice guy, but the truth was of no concern to him.

Well, he was a politician/member of the government. You expect honest? Sorry. That just doesn't happen. :shrug:

ANYWAY, can we just pay our respects and leave the political debates to the other 339473258942 threads?

indra said:

Well, he was a politician/member of the government. You expect honest? Sorry. That just doesn't happen. :shrug:

You are right on this I guess.

Liesje said:
ANYWAY, can we just pay our respects and leave the political debates to the other 339473258942 threads?

The man helped prevent a proper investigation of the Assasination of a President.

I respect his belief that he did it for the good of the country.

I did not realize that the assasination of a Preisdent was a debatable political issue.

anitram said:
Last reasonable Republican president.

ROFL....You smoking something tonight?

Here was some of his cabinet:

George H.W. Bush - Director, CIA
Richard Cheney - Chief of Staff
Donald Rumsfeld - Secretary of Defense
:wink:

Dreadsox said:

I did not realize that the assasination of a Preisdent was a debatable political issue.

Then why bring it up?

If you think he was a terrible person, fine, don't post. We're paying our respects for a dead person, period.

Where you here when Reagan Died?

:wink:

But aside from the Kennedy Assassination, and Watergate...

He did oppose the Civil Rights legislation proposed by Lyndon Johnson.

And for that I respect him. I mean, anyone who has the courage to oppose that must be decent.

:(

Last edited:
Liesje said:
sure now lets start joking about it

i've been here since march 2002, whatever difference it makes

Listen, I am sure he was a loving husband, a nice father, and a loving grandfather and for that I respect him.

His politics...however, make me shake my head.

My Reagan reference was because the hate spewing when he died was pretty large compared to me, one lowly poster.

Dreadsox said:

Listen, I am sure he was a loving husband, a nice father, and a loving grandfather and for that I respect him.

His politics...however, make me shake my head.

Then don't post here and start a thread about his politics! You don't go to a funeral and start waving around bloody shirts. Right now, I don't care if he was a shitty president or whatever. He has a family who is sad, and he did a lot for my city. It's Christmastime, for fucks sake. :tsk:

I didn't participate in the Reagan thread b/c I thought it was disgusting.

Liesje said:

Then don't post here and start a thread about his politics! You don't go to a funeral and start waving around bloody shirts. Right now, I don't care if he was a shitty president or whatever. He has a family who is sad, and he did a lot for my city. It's Christmastime, for fucks sake. :tsk:

I didn't participate in the Reagan thread b/c I thought it was disgusting.

If this thread constitutes a funeral I stand corrected.
I have very strong feelings about the Assasination of President Kennedy and Watergate. Maybe they got the best of me.

Sorry for your loss.

Dreadsox said:

If this thread constitutes a funeral I stand corrected.
I have very strong feelings about the Assasination of President Kennedy and Watergate. Maybe they got the best of me.

Sorry for your loss.

God, I don't even know how to respond.

Yeah, I really cared NOTHING about Watergate or JFK... cause it's just so easy to just infer that because I'm sorry for the loss of another person. :rolleyes:

Liesje said:

God, I don't even know how to respond.

Yeah, I really cared NOTHING about Watergate or JFK... cause it's just so easy to just infer that because I'm sorry for the loss of another person. :rolleyes:

OK...I give...I was not inferring anything at all about you caring or not caring. I was attempting to explain my strong reactions not make a statement about you.:huh:

I am not even close to trying to debate you.

I was sincere in my sorry for your loss comment. It is clear that it was not taken to be sincere.

Thread closed per author's request.

It IS ok to have a thread to simply pay respects to the dead, no matter who they were.

I will allow a new thread to be started by someone else since I'm sure some folks still want to discuss the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom